PDA

View Full Version : The lack of college football on TV today is appalling

TopDawg
10/4/2003, 11:33 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2003, 11:36 AM
Really . . . nothin' but baseball . . .

Then it was a good day to head out to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta . . . great weather, great food, and a great morning.

SoonerInFla
10/4/2003, 11:37 AM
Double BOOOOOOOOO
I agree with ya 100%
Bet I got 300 channels and there are 2 crappy games on.
EpSN Sucketh too. I like poker, but the 2003 world series of poker for the 7937th time during college football season is total horse****.

Cam
10/4/2003, 11:41 AM
Baylor Vs Colorado, that's quality football fellas. ;)

NickZeppelin
10/4/2003, 11:44 AM
Baylor and Colorado both stink. Baseball is pathetic for having games on Saturday that don't mean a damn thing to me.

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2003, 11:46 AM
You could always watch Trading Spaces . . . :p

RedstickSooner
10/4/2003, 11:49 AM
Not enough violence & sex, either.

I'm wholly disappointed in TV, and hope it loses the rest of its games this year.

Should I also consider drowning TV's kittens?

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2003, 11:51 AM
I wish Gilligans Island was on.

scotplum
10/4/2003, 11:52 AM
Not enough violence & sex, either.

I'm wholly disappointed in TV, and hope it loses the rest of its games this year.

Should I also consider drowning TV's kittens?

I'm gonna drown this saying's kittens if people keep using it. ;)

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 11:53 AM
Really . . . nothin' but baseball . . .

Then it was a good day to head out to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta . . . great weather, great food, and a great morning.

I missed that by one day :mad:

It's about the only thing going on around that place heh. We got kicked out of all the clubs :o

KaiserSooner
10/4/2003, 11:56 AM
I never thought I'd see a fall Saturday on which a Baylor game is the only football game on tv. :(

RedstickSooner
10/4/2003, 11:58 AM
I never thought I'd see a fall Saturday on which a Baylor game is the only football game on tv. :(

It's really goofy.

It's almost as if people expect us to go outside, what with the lovely weather 'n all.

>bleep< 'em. I want my football.

Gameplan's got, like, a dozen games playing right now. The networks suck.

mentalkase
10/4/2003, 12:03 PM
I hate baseball and want to firecracker it's fans.

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 12:04 PM
[deep inhale]
I would go outside but thanks to my roommates not keeping my battery charged up while I was gone for 5 weeks it's dead and no one is around to come jump me off so I have to wait til my friend gets off work and by then the Bama game will be on so I will then have to wait til after the Bama game and I wanted to get new tires because I have to drive to Memphis Sunday and now I will have to rent a car but atleast I can expense it but it's still a pain in the ***.
[pant,pant]

mentalkase
10/4/2003, 12:04 PM
I wish Gilligans Island was on.

True, true.

KaiserSooner
10/4/2003, 12:09 PM
[deep inhale]
I would go outside but thanks to my roommates not keeping my battery charged up while I was gone for 5 weeks it's dead and no one is around to come jump me off so I have to wait til my friend gets off work and by then the Bama game will be on so I will then have to wait til after the Bama game and I wanted to get new tires because I have to drive to Memphis Sunday and now I will have to rent a car but atleast I can expense it but it's still a pain in the ***.
[pant,pant]

So you're forced to watch the Baylor game. :eek: That makes me realize that I'm lucky to have a choice.

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 12:12 PM
Nah, I dont hafta watch the Baylor game hehehe... I'm lucky on that part.

I'm watching Ole Sissy and Fire Zook

I still have a ton of stuff to do on my only weekend home every month.

Soonerfan65
10/4/2003, 12:18 PM
Wait till next week; probably won't be any griping then.

John

King Crimson
10/4/2003, 12:31 PM
[deep inhale]
and no one is around to come jump me off [pant,pant]

dude, you aint the only one. :o

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 12:33 PM
tee hee

get that gutter out of your mind!

SoonerJLB
10/4/2003, 12:36 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yeah, we have the ABC regional game of USC-ASU....instead of Texas-KSU.

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 12:38 PM
Ummm what time does that come on? Because I have golf on ABC here!

King Crimson
10/4/2003, 12:42 PM
GOlf on ABC in Denver too. what happened to the early games?

Baylor up 7-3 on CU. indignity is thy name Buffalo.

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 12:43 PM
GO BAYLOR!!!!

OUthunder
10/4/2003, 12:44 PM
LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

2-0 YANKS

TopDawg
10/4/2003, 01:58 PM
Yeah. GOLF?! What the heck?!

I, too, am frustrated with baseball for scheduling games today, but I can't really blame the networks for showing them since they were scheduled. However, GOLF?! Don't get me wrong, I like golf, but on a Saturday in the fall?

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 02:05 PM
Atleast you guys dont have your NATIONALLY broadcasted game on CBS trumped by a dog-gone BYU-Airforce game!!

That is what happened to me last week. Ofcourse, looking back maybe it was a favor from God as I would have had a stroke in the 4th quarter.

Still, what a crock of..... you know. I thought there was some kind of contract saying CBS affiliates HAD to show CBS stuff. This one showed an ABC/ESPN Plus game... their RIVALS!

Anyways the BYWHOCARES game was over before the Bama game because of a weather delay. It was over while the Bama game was at Halftime infact. So, I figured they would jump over and finish off the Bama game right? Hell no, they show some pay commerical for some skin cream for women.

Needless to say I was calling EVERYONE, including my mom, just so I could cuss uncontrollably.

RedstickSooner
10/4/2003, 03:51 PM
Atleast you guys dont have your NATIONALLY broadcasted game on CBS trumped by a dog-gone BYU-Airforce game!!

That is what happened to me last week. Ofcourse, looking back maybe it was a favor from God as I would have had a stroke in the 4th quarter.

Still, what a crock of..... you know. I thought there was some kind of contract saying CBS affiliates HAD to show CBS stuff. This one showed an ABC/ESPN Plus game... their RIVALS!

Anyways the BYWHOCARES game was over before the Bama game because of a weather delay. It was over while the Bama game was at Halftime infact. So, I figured they would jump over and finish off the Bama game right? Hell no, they show some pay commerical for some skin cream for women.

Needless to say I was calling EVERYONE, including my mom, just so I could cuss uncontrollably.

Just curious -- did EVERYONE include the station manager?

That's always fun to do.

Flagstaffsooner
10/4/2003, 03:55 PM

Try the abc cum eaters.

soonerx7
10/4/2003, 04:02 PM
I wish Gilligans Island was on.2 hrs. and 28 minutes until game time. :cool:

SelmaBamaFan
10/4/2003, 05:52 PM
no, they wouldnt let me speak to the station manager heh

smart ppl

AZSOONER
10/4/2003, 07:23 PM
I can't believe it, I took a nap.

Norm In Norman
4/12/2006, 03:10 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOO!

SicEmBaylor
4/12/2006, 03:14 PM
Are we still winning?
:D

TopDawg
4/12/2006, 03:38 PM
IT"S NICE TO NO YOU"RE ACOUNT IS SAFE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Norm's wakin up the echoes with this one. 2003? I forgot they had golf on tv back then.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/12/2006, 04:20 PM
ah, the offseason