PDA

View Full Version : Hey student section....

OUAndy1807
10/23/2004, 04:15 PM
The wave sucks. Stop it.

NYSooner1355
10/23/2004, 04:33 PM
no...the upside down horn sign while playing anyone other than TX sucks..

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/23/2004, 04:34 PM
They're both gay.

olevetonahill
10/23/2004, 04:39 PM
They're both gay.

Ranks rite up there with trying to drown your coach, or tearing up the stadium ( ala goalposts ) :)

BajaOklahoma
10/23/2004, 04:42 PM
no...the upside down horn sign while playing anyone other than TX sucks..

The fan doing the O and U with just her hands instead of the arms looked good though.

And complaining about the wave has already been done this year.

tanjou
10/23/2004, 04:44 PM
Hey rest of the stadium:

Sitting down and being quiet sucks.

BastonSooner
10/23/2004, 04:47 PM
hahaha

OUAndy1807
10/23/2004, 05:28 PM
Hey rest of the stadium:

Sitting down and being quiet sucks.
Hey student section, being 3/4 full sucks.

Are you trying to defend the wave?

Duke o Brewery
10/23/2004, 07:26 PM
Not that I love the wave, don't get me wrong, but....
You gotta admit...even the wave is better than a totally dead crowd. The students were trying to get the crowd off their butts. Half the stadium seems to think that a tied ballgame and the opponent on 3rd and 3 merits about as much excitement as a rerun of Matlock.

OUAndy1807
10/23/2004, 07:31 PM
The wave started well into the third quarter, when the game was in hand. And I don't buy that they were trying to get the crowd into the game by starting the wave. The wave is for total blowouts and 12 year olds.

Duke o Brewery
10/23/2004, 07:52 PM
Well, if you've ever been in the student section you know that it's like being surrounded by drunken 12 year olds, but it's a good time.

OUAndy1807
10/23/2004, 08:03 PM
I've been there.

Jimminy Crimson
10/23/2004, 08:22 PM
You'd think they were filming a Girls Gone Wild segment by the reaction of the student section when the wave makes it to the middle of the North endzone.

Pathetic.

How 'bout just yelling really loud when the opposing team has the ball, not just when they come up to the line. Then you can attempt to do the wave. ...but only then.

CatfishSooner
10/23/2004, 09:11 PM
let people do the wave if they want to

SeattleOUstudent
10/23/2004, 09:27 PM
Hey complainers.....F*** off! Seriously. Quit being so self-righteous about everything. Im not a student any longer either, but if it makes people yell, shut up. Im sure youve been known to do the wave every now and then, Andy.

I realize we shouldnt yell while on offense, but come on.

Okay, rant over :)

fesperman58
10/23/2004, 09:33 PM
Lance Mitchell's fumble recovery touchdown stopped the wave cold today.

BastonSooner
10/23/2004, 09:34 PM
I concur with SeattleOUstudent.

OUAndy1807
10/23/2004, 09:36 PM
The wave is stupid. I'm not waivering on this point.

Taily-Po
10/23/2004, 09:55 PM
I, for one, will gladly embrace the wave (which I hate) if somebody can do something about the idiot in Section 22 who starts the OSU chant....at EVERY frickin' game.

Soonrboy
10/23/2004, 10:25 PM
My kids love doing the wave at the game...keep it up...just don't do it while we are on offense.

Jimminy Crimson
10/23/2004, 10:27 PM
My kids love doing the wave at the game...keep it up...just don't do it while we are on offense.

...or defense.

I'll approve of it during time outs, as long as it doesn't spill over into the game. :mack:

But then again, who asked me? ;)

Boarder
10/23/2004, 10:46 PM
I, for one, will gladly embrace the wave (which I hate) if somebody can do something about the idiot in Section 22 who starts the OSU chant....at EVERY frickin' game.
Dude, that's Norm.

Oh yeah, kill the wave. At every stadium, in every country, at every event. And, fyi, I stand the entire game.

TopDawg
10/23/2004, 11:22 PM

Perhaps. But so is complaining about the wave. Especially by starting a thread on a message board after a game to do so.

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/23/2004, 11:26 PM
Complaining about the wave might be stupid, but actually DOING the wave is orders of magnitude more stupid.

That's like someone saying, "Man this heart attack hurts."

And then you say, "so does a paper cut."

both are true.

TopDawg
10/23/2004, 11:32 PM
Complaining about the wave may be stupid, but being so upset about the wave that you start a thread on a message board telling people to stop doing it is orders of magnitude more stupid.

It's like someone saying "Man, this paper cut that resulted in my beheading hurts."

And then you say "So does this one on my finger."

Except one is physically impossible.

Beano's Fourth Chin
10/23/2004, 11:34 PM
Ha ha I win... You stopped making sense first.

TopDawg
10/23/2004, 11:40 PM
Are you saying it IS physically possible?!

StoopTroup
10/24/2004, 12:47 AM
The reverse wave was stupid.

The wave is classic and a great thing to do during long TV time outs.

Any other use should be banned IMO.

Definitely a NO-NO while The Sooners are on Offense... :mad:

OUAndy1807
10/24/2004, 01:15 AM
You know, maybe you guys are right, the wave is good.

Next week, let's bring back the shockwave, too.

StoopTroup
10/24/2004, 01:22 AM
Is there a ShockNawe Wave...;)

IronSooner
10/24/2004, 02:36 AM
I'm with you OUAndy. The wave is for bored fans at blowout baseball games. Not for football games unless perhaps you got to Baylor, Vanderbilt, etc.

I'm also with you Beano: heart attacks and paper cuts hurt.

Tailwind
10/24/2004, 03:13 AM
I got a headache from reading this thread. Excedrine anyone?

SicEmBaylor
10/24/2004, 03:36 AM
You guys should keep the wave. Imagine being us and not having enough people in our stadium to have a wave :-(

Flagstaffsooner
10/24/2004, 03:39 AM
You guys should keep the wave. Imagine being us and not having enough people in our stadium to have a wave :-(You guys been drinking again?

SicEmBaylor
10/24/2004, 03:43 AM
You guys been drinking again?
Haha, wouldn't you?

Flagstaffsooner
10/24/2004, 03:48 AM
Haha, wouldn't you?
Gallons:D

void
10/24/2004, 04:05 AM
so after reading this all i got was:
wave > matlock

EstablishedSooner1967
10/24/2004, 10:12 AM
STOP THE WAVE AND THE DOWN HORNS EVERYONE!!! And get your head in the game and yell...

SwooshOU
10/24/2004, 10:31 AM
The wave is fun. Hatred of the wave is funny.

Crusader
10/24/2004, 10:54 AM
The wave was cool.....back in the 80's.

soonersam
10/24/2004, 11:48 AM
Lay off the kids.... They been getting up at the butt crack off dawn to watch all these damn morning games... they dont go to bed till 4am anyways... atleast theyre showing up on time for kick off...... and all the fans that live on the west coast. oh my god are you kidding me...this sucks

soonersam
10/24/2004, 11:50 AM
maybe we could sell the stadium lights to raise money..were never going to need them again with every game in the mornin mornin....

StoopTroup
10/24/2004, 11:59 AM
maybe we could sell the stadium lights to raise money..were never going to need them again with every game in the mornin mornin....
Not true...

What if they keep moving the games earlier...like before sunrise? ;)

OU Adonis
10/24/2004, 12:02 PM
The reason I hate the wave is because it generally shows how many bandwagon fans we have. Big time OU fans who know how to be good fans don't partake in those sorts of activities. They yell when the other team has the ball.... they are always standing.. ect.

StoopTroup
10/24/2004, 12:04 PM
Very true...I stand almost the whole game...

Heck I'm watching the tape of the game and standing in the living room right now! :D

IronSooner
10/24/2004, 12:12 PM
Glad someone else is on their feet throughout the game. I did that the last several years as a student but couldn't get it to catch on to too many others.

Nothing's worse than your first game back after being a student, sitting on the west upper deck with the old people and having to cheer sitting down. It's just not possible.

bri
10/24/2004, 02:00 PM
I was in the student section. We were standing the entire game (except for timeouts and halftime) and we were making noise while KU had the ball. Basically, the only thing we did differently when trying to start a wave was, you know, raise our arms real quick.

I think the wave is long dead, too, but don't try and say the student section was sitting quietly except for the few seconds when the wave comes through...

Penguin
10/24/2004, 03:15 PM
Why can't we all be adults? Just sit down, be quiet, and sip your tea.

However, if your tea is particularly good, then a quick "Ahhh..." is allowed after every sip. But, be quiet and be on your best behavior!

tulsaoilerfan
10/24/2004, 03:21 PM
What was up with the student section not being full? Read something about it in the Oklahoman, yet also read where the students are complaining about there not being enough game tix for them to go around, which makes no sense if they don't even fill the section up.

John

OUrealdeal
10/24/2004, 03:44 PM
I hate the wave!

SweetheartSooner
10/24/2004, 03:57 PM
heh. I was going to mention that. Sitting in the student section not too far from there, the guy started the OSU chant, so I loudly say "Next week, next week!! Wait, you're telling me this blue team out there isn't Kansas?" The people in front of me immediately quit doing the OSU thing. I felt kind of bad, but that really irks me to no end.
Is OSU really that big of rival that we need to chant they suck at every game? I don't think so. OSU = succ

Also - we are the university of oklahoma. Not the university of upside down whorns.

/rant.

SweetheartSooner
10/24/2004, 03:59 PM
But I do want to give props to OUr crowd for not booing so loudly when Kansas took the field and for clapping for the Kansas fight song. That is so much more classy! Good jorb!

I think alot of us learned from the whole K-State experience.

bri
10/24/2004, 03:59 PM
The student section started out full, but a lot of 'em left at halftime.

Punks. :D

SweetheartSooner
10/24/2004, 04:04 PM
well, tell the greek punks who don't care about football to stay home. they can find out who won homecoming queen/floats later. That happens every homecoming. :mad:

soonerdj
10/24/2004, 06:30 PM
Like one other said, It dosen't matter, because I stand the entire game (except halftime). I personally don't like the wave, so I don't do it, no harm done. However, what succeth like none other is the fans on the west side of the stadium trying to win the Mythical National Quiet Game Championship (MNQGC) Get some new batteries for the pacemakers over there, or whatever it takes, but try and keep up with the rest of us!!

Boarder
10/24/2004, 06:32 PM
Complaining about the wave might be stupid, but actually DOING the wave is orders of magnitude more stupid.

That's like someone saying, "Man this heart attack hurts."

And then you say, "so does a paper cut."

both are true.

AWESOME Real Genius reference!

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2004, 06:41 PM
Just do what I did on Saturday when they started the wave . . . nothing. :D

soonerdj
10/24/2004, 06:43 PM
Just do what I did on Saturday when they started the wave . . . nothing. :D

It was pretty funny that on several attempts, it never even made it into the next section.

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2004, 06:47 PM
It was pretty funny that on several attempts, it never even made it into the next section.

That's what my brother and I were discussing . . . The wave had it's day, it just wasn't yesterday. :D

StoopTroup
10/24/2004, 06:50 PM
I saw a Sooner with the Halloween Football mask on trying to start the wave while we were on Offense...

Thankfully he got shut down...

Sooner_Bob
10/24/2004, 07:06 PM
I saw a Sooner with the Halloween Football mask on trying to start the wave while we were on Offense...

The one in the south endzone?

That's where my bro and I were sitting . . . section 37 row 66. :cool:

StoopTroup
10/24/2004, 07:07 PM
Section 38 Row 29...lol

SouthernSooner
10/24/2004, 07:10 PM
I thought this thread was dead last night.

OUMallen
10/24/2004, 07:13 PM
well, tell the greek punks who don't care about football to stay home. they can find out who won homecoming queen/floats later. That happens every homecoming. :mad:

Maybe the sorrority girls leave after finding out about Homecoming. The fraternity men, if they leave early, do it for other reasons than having found out who won homecoming, I assure you.

OUAndy1807
10/24/2004, 07:37 PM
I thought this thread was dead last night.
Not so fast my friend.

mrowl
10/24/2004, 08:06 PM
The one in the south endzone?

That's where my bro and I were sitting . . . section 37 row 66. :cool:

I am about 10 rows behind that IDIOT. Every game he pulls the same crap. And every game we have to tell him to shut the f*** up.

Soonerus
10/24/2004, 09:19 PM
Wave is kind of cool, a little old but not a bad ploy while the other team is on offense...

OUAndy1807
10/24/2004, 09:53 PM
How do you rate a thread? This one needs 5 stars

bri
10/24/2004, 11:08 PM
Maybe the sorrority girls leave after finding out about Homecoming. The fraternity men, if they leave early, do it for other reasons than having found out who won homecoming, I assure you.
Actually, most of the sorority girls stayed the whole game. It was the guys who left at halftime to presumably watch Queer Eye and frost each others' hair. Or something.

Homecoming in the student section always reminds me of the old joke, "How many frat boys does it take to change a light bulb? Six. One to change the bulb and five to make a t-shirt about it."

Cotton whores. :D

Also, sadly, Drunk Gay Rave Tweeker Guy stayed the entire game. Guh.

SeattleOUstudent
10/26/2004, 12:44 PM
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6933/OSUgroupwave2.gif

Well, if Aggies are so proud of the waive, maybe we SHOULD stop.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/26/2004, 01:04 PM
Waves are only ok when it is a complete blowout, not when it's close

OUwinsagain
10/26/2004, 01:20 PM
I like the wave! Just don't do it while we are on Offense. I think a quiet crowd sucks!

Pricetag
10/26/2004, 02:10 PM

That was in the South end zone, right?

I don't have much of a problem with the wave, when we're killing someone. But they were trying to start it up against Tech when we were only up by a couple of scores. It was much too close to be thinking that we had the game in hand and to start goofing off.

OUAndy1807
10/14/2006, 11:53 PM
I stand by my points:
1) The wave sucks
2) This thread deserves 5 stars.

Okla-homey
10/15/2006, 07:58 AM
I was disappointed at the empty seats in the student section myself. Let's face it, all they really have to do is acquire a student ticket, roll out of the sack (or wherever) and stroll over to the stadium. No planning, no long drive, no parking hassles. Just show up and scream. I for one, will remember yesterday's turn-out the next time I see students moaning about difficulty in getting tix when the team's hawt and dreams of MNC's dance in their heads.

Not realy a critique, but an observation. In last night's AU-Florida upset, AU had an 88.5K sell-out crowd at home. That was following a tough loss to the Hawgs which knocked AU off as previous #2 in the country and out of serious contention to win the SEC western division.

Thus, the AU fanbase, including the students, had reason to be less than enthusiastic -- or even stay home. However, The student section was packed solid and the atmosphere in the stadium was electric and deafeningly loud -- at least according to my kid who was there. At the end of the night, Auburn beat a very good 5-0 Florida team which came in ranked at #2 and the Tiger offense did not score a single touchdown.

IMHO, all this helps prove two things. 1) The crowd can and does make a difference in the way a team plays defense. 2) You can win games against good teams with great defensive efforts even with a sputtering offense.

I agree, the kids don't have a duty to go to games, cheer and otherwise raise he11, but it hurts the team when they don't.

That's all I have to say about that.

mrowl
10/15/2006, 08:41 AM
I was disappointed at the empty seats in the student section myself. Let's face it, all they really have to do is acquire a student ticket, roll out of the sack (or wherever) and stroll over to the stadium. No planning, no long drive, no parking hassles. Just show up and scream. I for one, will remember yesterday's turn-out the next time I see students moaning about difficulty in getting tix when the team's hawt and dreams of MNC's dance in their heads.

or when they moan about "deserving" to have great seats when they are moved next year.

colleyvillesooner
10/15/2006, 08:50 AM
Not realy a critique, but an observation. In last night's AU-Florida upset, AU had an 88.5K sell-out crowd at home. That was following a tough loss to the Hawgs which knocked AU off as previous #2 in the country and out of serious contention to win the SEC western division.

Thus, the AU fanbase, including the students, had reason to be less than enthusiastic -- or even stay home. However, The student section was packed solid and the atmosphere in the stadium was electric and deafeningly loud -- at least according to my kid who was there. At the end of the night, Auburn beat a very good 5-0 Florida team which came in ranked at #2 and the Tiger offense did not score a single touchdown.

Apples to Oranges. A night game against the #2 team in the country is a little different than a 11:30 a.m. against Iowa State. I agree about it being sorry but this, to me, isn't a fair comparison. If this would have been #2 Colorado at night, they would have filled it out.

Sooner98
10/15/2006, 12:41 PM
I like the wave! Just don't do it while we are on Offense. I think a quiet crowd sucks!

Does the wave actually add much noise to the stadium? And yes, doing the wave when we're on offense with a third down coming up is just idiotic. Are the students down there even watching the game?

SicEmBaylor
7/26/2011, 03:20 AM
I hope the 'wave' action continues this upcoming season.

Fraggle145
7/26/2011, 10:26 AM
Our student section sucks.

badger
7/26/2011, 10:31 AM
Move em to an endzone. That way, they'll spread out into the empty seat areas rather than all crowd as close as they can to the 50 yard line.

Yeah, I've said the same thing before and I'll keep saying it till (a) it happens, or (b) the student section looks full for once.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
7/26/2011, 11:08 AM
Move em to an endzone. That way, they'll spread out into the empty seat areas rather than all crowd as close as they can to the 50 yard line.

Yeah, I've said the same thing before and I'll keep saying it till (a) it happens, or (b) the student section looks full for once.

http://www.thedelaos.com/pics/University%20of%20Oklahoma/OU%20Sooner%20Football/2010/OU%20vs%20AirForce%202010/IMG_0080.JPG

Look how packed they are. It's pretty visible as to where they sit. There are...what? 8,000 student season ticket holders? Like you said, those 8,000 sit as close to the 50 as possible. None of them want to sit in the furthest north section.

texaspokieokie
7/26/2011, 11:16 AM
don't put em in the north end. that's where us old guys sit.
wouldn't mix well.

the student section always looks fuu, to me. does empty out early tho.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/26/2011, 11:16 AM
i have two comments, first we cover from the 10-50 so thats not too bad, can u blame people for wanting to sit at the 50, the answer is no thats why those tickets cost more....and second we are what is loud about our stadium everyone else sets on their hands! if everyone else in the stadium was as loud as we are then we would be the loudest stadium in the nation! i came up with more that pic is before the game starts take one after the game has started. also wht game is that is it north texas or texas atm, or tech? or even mizzou.....

sorry keep coming up with more, if i remember correctly bob came to the student section after tech 08' and bowed down to us not the old peoples section. dont get me wrong i love the old sooner fans u all have seen things in our history i would love to have seen. so no disrespect just stating mu opinion

badger
7/26/2011, 11:19 AM
i have two comments, first we cover from the 10-50 so thats not too bad, can u blame people for wanting to set at the 50, the answer is no thats why those tickets cost more....and second we are what is loud about our stadium everyone else sets on their hands! if everyone else in the stadium was as loud as we are then we would be the loudest stadium in the nation!

http://defaultprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/facepalm.jpg
tell me you're just someone that sneaks into the student section and not an actual ou student.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/26/2011, 11:21 AM
ok i just laughed at myself thanks for the help lol

OUVarsityXV
7/26/2011, 11:26 AM
Suck it season ticket holders. I will use my student ID until it falls apart and/or I get my season tickets. Approximate wait time 8-12 years.

yankee
7/26/2011, 11:28 AM
I hear a lot of crying from non-students. Sucks you got bad seats I guess, huh? I'll enjoy my sideline student section seats, thank you very much.

badger
7/26/2011, 11:35 AM
ok i just laughed at myself thanks for the help lol

You're a good sport :)

LakeRat
7/26/2011, 11:52 AM
Suck it season ticket holders. I will use my student ID until it falls apart and/or I get my season tickets. Approximate wait time 8-12 years.

This is me as well.

Their are two types of fans and both help their team. One is with money before the game, and one is on during the game making noise.

And until the money (old people who sit on their hands the whole time) starts helping the team during the game, I may stay in the student section.

TheLadiesMike
7/26/2011, 12:57 PM
Just assign sections based on grade. From end zone to 50 = freshman, sophomore, grad students, juniors, seniors.

badger
7/26/2011, 01:34 PM
Since we're all being old crazy alumni here bashing the students, let's say everything that's wrong with the student section :D

1- You stand on the bleachers. And then when someone tries to stand on their own seat, people go crazy.

2- You get handed tons of free sh!t that the rest of us don't. I wanna throw a foam O in the air after touchdowns too!!!

3- You arrive late and leave early at all games.

4- Your markups are amusing. That student marketplace site had OU-Miami tickets listed in the $150-$300 range if I recall correctly. How much are you paying for those, again? $15, right?

5- The yellow shirts keep us out. Even when the section's dwindling in population and it'd be nice to stretch those south endzone old people legs a little, security holds firm --- no entry without a student ID.

6- The wave.

7- You complain about how loud the rest of us aren't. You're not exactly loud either, kiddos. You sound rather quiet from where I sit. Maybe you should see how loud I am when you sit next to me in our sardine-like arrangement over here.

8- Actually, any complaining period. We subsidize you brats a lot. Your education is subsidized through state tax dollars, donations and overprices OU merchandise everywhere. Your cheap OU football tickets are subsidized with a billion ticket fees (academic enhancement fee?!?!?) and donor money. You ungrateful spoiled children.

9- You getting to go to college football when Stoops might coach OU to another title. How many of us out there got to see a title when we were students? And you're probably complaining when we don't beat the spread and you won't get your beer money through your betting now. You ungrateful spoiled children.

[/old people rant]

SyN
7/26/2011, 02:07 PM
I sit right next to the student section... about 20ft away...For the most part the few sections are full... The problem I have with them... Is for the most part of the game... Most are glued with their face in their dam phones...The whole game... Or talking about parties after the game... Put the phones in your pockets and Yell your asses off when the defense is on the field!!!!

Also My section is full of older ticket holders, granted will stand for 1/2 the game, which after they are done... Will not yell or make a ny noise... The heat gets to them... I myself stand the whole game, and by the 2nd quarter, my voice is gone... but I keep yelling...I know everyone pays for thier own tickets, so they have the right to do as they wish, while they are sitting in that seat...I just don't understand why anyone would spend the money on these tickets when they are so in demand, and walk up the ramps and into the awesome view of the OU field, and not want to give the team all you have...
I only wish every home game could be as loud as the 99-00 Nebraska game... That Stadium was so loud... by half time... I had a migrane Headache... It was Awesome... I salute those fans that attended that game...

The TT game was an awesome display also...

yankee
7/26/2011, 02:12 PM
Just assign sections based on grade. From end zone to 50 = freshman, sophomore, grad students, juniors, seniors.

For the love of all things holy, no. Who are we, aggy?

LakeRat
7/26/2011, 02:19 PM
Since we're all being old crazy alumni here bashing the students, let's say everything that's wrong with the student section :D

1- You stand on the bleachers. And then when someone tries to stand on their own seat, people go crazy.

2- You get handed tons of free sh!t that the rest of us don't. I wanna throw a foam O in the air after touchdowns too!!!

3- You arrive late and leave early at all games.

4- Your markups are amusing. That student marketplace site had OU-Miami tickets listed in the $150-$300 range if I recall correctly. How much are you paying for those, again? $15, right?

5- The yellow shirts keep us out. Even when the section's dwindling in population and it'd be nice to stretch those south endzone old people legs a little, security holds firm --- no entry without a student ID.

6- The wave.

7- You complain about how loud the rest of us aren't. You're not exactly loud either, kiddos. You sound rather quiet from where I sit. Maybe you should see how loud I am when you sit next to me in our sardine-like arrangement over here.

8- Actually, any complaining period. We subsidize you brats a lot. Your education is subsidized through state tax dollars, donations and overprices OU merchandise everywhere. Your cheap OU football tickets are subsidized with a billion ticket fees (academic enhancement fee?!?!?) and donor money. You ungrateful spoiled children.

9- You getting to go to college football when Stoops might coach OU to another title. How many of us out there got to see a title when we were students? And you're probably complaining when we don't beat the spread and you won't get your beer money through your betting now. You ungrateful spoiled children.

[/old people rant]

1. So your saying that in a situation where there is no assigned seating, people get a little upset b/c there isn't set rules on how to handle situations?

2. Sprint to the student section and rob them!!

3. Some people work. Others really aren't interested. No excuse, I agree this is bad.

4. What is wrong with capitalism? And no one got $300.

5. If you will walk around them, you can make this happen. Lots of people do.

6. The wave is amazing isn't it! Great to stretch the legs and get people stretched and warmed back up in the 3rd qtr.

7. You are the exception. When 3 qtrs of the stands are sitting, they aren't at the same level as the student section. You can't say that end of the field isn't the louder end.

8. So complain to your state legislature, not the students.

9. And old people don't complain when we don't beat the spread?

Love you Badger, just some thoughts to go along with yours.

Fraggle145
7/26/2011, 02:20 PM
At UGA they have 4 different student sections so that they never get emptied and none of them are in primo spots. They are also assigned seating.

They are also like $8 a game and likely the cheapest in the FBS. But spreading them out works well.

Stick them in the South Endzone.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/26/2011, 02:21 PM
1. So your saying that in a situation where there is no assigned seating, people get a little upset b/c there isn't set rules on how to handle situations?

2. Sprint to the student section and rob them!!

3. Some people work. Others really aren't interested. No excuse, I agree this is bad.

4. What is wrong with capitalism? And no one got $300.

5. If you will walk around them, you can make this happen. Lots of people do.

6. The wave is amazing isn't it! Great to stretch the legs and get people stretched and warmed back up in the 3rd qtr.

7. You are the exception. When 3 qtrs of the stands are sitting, they aren't at the same level as the student section. You can't say that end of the field isn't the louder end.

8. So complain to your state legislature, not the students.

9. And old people don't complain when we don't beat the spread?

Love you Badger, just some thoughts to go along with yours.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

TheLadiesMike
7/26/2011, 03:40 PM
For the love of all things holy, no. Who are we, aggy?

I've seen it first hand work at a school with a worse football team, equally-sized student section, and much smaller student body. It spreads people out instead of everyone clustering towards the 50, people arguing over who has what seats, and does not result in embarrassing empty sections.

BajaOklahoma
7/26/2011, 03:46 PM
How many of us out there got to see a title when we were students? And you're probably complaining when we don't beat the spread and you won't get your beer money through your betting now. You ungrateful spoiled children.
[/old people rant]

Actually, I got to sit on the 50 yd line, assigned seats, and the band was seated one section to the South. My season tickets were around 75 or so.
We got to watch back-to-back NCs.
I don't think we ever failed to cover the spread. Or hang half a hundred on them.

Ground_Attack
7/26/2011, 08:52 PM
i have two comments, first we cover from the 10-50 so thats not too bad, can u blame people for wanting to sit at the 50, the answer is no thats why those tickets cost more....and second we are what is loud about our stadium everyone else sets on their hands! if everyone else in the stadium was as loud as we are then we would be the loudest stadium in the nation! i came up with more that pic is before the game starts take one after the game has started. also wht game is that is it north texas or texas atm, or tech? or even mizzou.....

sorry keep coming up with more, if i remember correctly bob came to the student section after tech 08' and bowed down to us not the old peoples section. dont get me wrong i love the old sooner fans u all have seen things in our history i would love to have seen. so no disrespect just stating mu opinion

watch out! in 6 years you won't be in the student section and you'll be old like the rest of us.

Sooner_Tuf
7/26/2011, 09:39 PM

Well yeah, that's because you younguns aren't going to be at the get together after the game. ;) It was his only chance to say thanks to you all.

SoonerofAlabama
7/26/2011, 09:46 PM

wBFfv9udMpE

agoo758
7/26/2011, 09:49 PM
I remember being right in that section where everyone was cheering. Good times! :)

colleyvillesooner
7/26/2011, 09:50 PM
I think did that all the way around. I remember his doing something similar on the west side in front of us.