PDA

View Full Version : Frog and Toad are Friends

Norm In Norman
10/3/2003, 10:50 PM
I mean Maggie and Spanky.
http://www.soonerfans.firstdownsports.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6

Norm In Norman
10/3/2003, 10:51 PM
OK, I have no idea how to attach and insert a picture now.

Norm In Norman
10/3/2003, 10:53 PM
Grrrrrrr....

http://members.cox.net/normandothemagnificent/MaggieSpanky.jpg

soonersis
10/3/2003, 11:04 PM
that is so cute

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2003, 12:07 AM
Looks like you figured it out . . . all the new features are very cool, much better than I expected.

Mjcpr
10/4/2003, 10:49 AM
THAT is the kitten you got like two weeks ago?

Geez, where do you live, Springfield Nuclear Plant?

RacerX
10/4/2003, 11:05 AM
doesn't seem like that cat could be that big already.

Norm In Norman
10/4/2003, 12:24 PM
OK, the dog is maybe 20 pounds and the cat is maybe 2. He's 9 weeks old now and doesn't seem to be too big. Maybe you think the dog is bigger and it is throwing your perspective off.

Boarder
10/4/2003, 12:48 PM
Looks like a much bigger than 2 pound cat.

Nice to see they aren't killing each other, or is this just the rest after the big brawl?

You gave them Nyquil, didn't you...

Boarder
10/4/2003, 01:06 PM
OK, I have no idea how to attach and insert a picture now.

You notice you can attach all kinds of things, now. (bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip)

That would be handy in some situations.

Norm In Norman
5/24/2004, 09:41 AM
The title of the book is actually "Frog and Toad Together."

Man, Spanky looks so small in that picture. He's quite a bit bigger now. Actually he's not as big as he was a few moths ago. He isn't eating every waking moment now.

I hope he comes back.

Mjcpr
5/24/2004, 09:48 AM
I thought it was "Frog and Toad Are Friends"........I had the book. I think I may still have it....I'll check for sure if we must know.

GottaHavePride
5/24/2004, 02:46 PM
Wasn't Frog and Toad are Friends the band Gutter was going to see in PCU?

Mjcpr
5/24/2004, 02:49 PM
http://todmar.net/quality4u/ebay/books/frog-and-toad-are-friends.jpg

Pricetag
5/24/2004, 02:52 PM
There were several Frog and Toad books. I loved those as a kid. Those "I Can Read" books rocked. Kick, Pass, and Run was also one of my favorites.

Mjcpr
5/24/2004, 02:53 PM
Okay, Norm, we're both right. ;)

http://todmar.net/quality4u/ebay/books/frog-and-toad-together.jpg

Mjcpr
5/24/2004, 02:54 PM
There were several Frog and Toad books. I loved those as a kid. Those "I Can Read" books rocked. Kick, Pass, and Run was also one of my favorites.
I thought Frog and Toad Together was about that kind of love that one man has for another. I never really understood it.

Pricetag
5/24/2004, 03:02 PM
I thought Frog and Toad Together was about that kind of love that one man has for another. I never really understood it.
Looking back, it is a little sketchy, but as an innocent kid, I never thought anything about it. My wife is an elementary teacher, and she has some Frog and Toad books for her room. I was checking them out one time, and there was a picture of Frog and Toad playing leapfrog, and it looked really bad.

Norm In Norman
5/24/2004, 04:31 PM
Okay, Norm, we're both right. ;)

http://todmar.net/quality4u/ebay/books/frog-and-toad-together.jpg

That's the one I read growing up. My son loves that book. I have all my books from when I was a kid.

Tailwind
5/24/2004, 10:37 PM
So has the cat come back? I'm worried about him.

Norm In Norman
5/25/2004, 07:33 AM
He's back. Read the other thread.

kafarnz
6/29/2006, 02:14 PM
There were several Frog and Toad books. I loved those as a kid.

Now the characters you loved in the books are leaping from the page to the stage as Tulsa Repertory Musicals presents the Broadway musical, "A Year with Frog and Toad"

Frog, Toad, Snail, Turtle, Mouse and all their animal friends will be on stage at the Tulsa Performing Arts Center for SummerStage July 1-8, 2006, matinee and evening performances available.

The musical is based on the award-winning children's books by Arnold
Lobel about the unlikely friendship between the cheerful Frog and the
worrywart Toad. Joining them in a collection of jazzy, jaunty songs are a
few birds, lizards, and a snail with a most admirable work ethic.

For more information and to print out a $1-off coupon...
visit: http://www.tulsamusicals.com/NowShowing.html

49r
6/29/2006, 02:40 PM
BEST FIRST POST EVAR!

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/29/2006, 02:51 PM
Dude.

No kidding.

Welcome, new person! Avoid Norm and enjoy dolemite.

Norm In Norman
5/1/2008, 08:45 PM
The cat has some sort of something wrong with his urinary system, so I've been having to give him antibiotic pills. If you've ever tried to give a 15 pound tom cat a pill that he doesn't want ... it's not fun. He has claws. Sharp claws. And he tries to bite. The vet gave him the first pill. He started out saying "Ah, at least your cat is really laid back. Sometimes we get some bad cats in here." Then he tried to give him the pill for the first time. "Man - he's strong!" After about 5 more tries he got the pill in and looks at my wife and says "That SUCKED!" And now I'M supposed to do it.

ONLY 18 MORE DAYS TO GO!

GottaHavePride
5/1/2008, 09:17 PM
Can't, man.
It's grunge night at Vienna House.

The Merkins are opening
for Frog And Toad Are Friends.
I gotta psych up for the show.

Melo
5/1/2008, 09:31 PM
HOW TO GIVE A CAT A PILL

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm-holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth will right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard
and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Ring fire department to retrieve the friggin' cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13. Tie the little bastard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of
dining room table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

HOW TO GIVE A DOG A PILL.......

Wrap it in bacon.

Always makes me laugh...

Sooner_Bob
5/1/2008, 09:37 PM
The cat has some sort of something wrong with his urinary system, so I've been having to give him antibiotic pills. If you've ever tried to give a 15 pound tom cat a pill that he doesn't want ... it's not fun. He has claws. Sharp claws. And he tries to bite. The vet gave him the first pill. He started out saying "Ah, at least your cat is really laid back. Sometimes we get some bad cats in here." Then he tried to give him the pill for the first time. "Man - he's strong!" After about 5 more tries he got the pill in and looks at my wife and says "That SUCKED!" And now I'M supposed to do it.

ONLY 18 MORE DAYS TO GO!

Norm the vet . . . :D

texas bandman
5/1/2008, 10:08 PM

Me, I learned with Dick and Jane. "See Spot, See Spot run. Run, Spot run." Classic!

Anybody remember what the cat's name was? I think I'm getting oldtimers disease.

SoonerJack
5/2/2008, 08:03 AM
Wasn't the cat named Puff?

Sooner_Bob
5/2/2008, 08:52 AM
Wasn't the cat named Puff?

The Magic Dragon?