PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

badger
9/12/2004, 12:34 AM
The flyover, the fireworks, the flag. A perfect tribute.

God bless America!

CNC4OU
9/12/2004, 12:47 AM
Amen! That was a cool sight.

instigator
9/12/2004, 10:11 AM
It was very touching. I had tears in my eyes after that half time performance by both bands.

OklaUalum
9/2/2007, 02:40 PM
I was at the game in section 8. I happened to see the T-38's coming in from the SE as they entered their approach about 5 seconds before they got there.

This was one of the BEST flyover's I've witnessed. The difference is this:
Usually the birds just come in straight over the stadium e.g. South to North or vise versa. These Air Force guys yeserday did it right. They came in at a curve around the field. (and I don't know how to desribe this bit of it), The formation banked counter clock wise (?)

What that does for us on the ground is that when they just buzz straight over, the formation is over and gone in a nano second. These chaps yesterday in doing what they did really put the burners on all 80 thousand of us for a while longer, and we got to see them for a bit longer!

Way to go for the USAF! That was an awesome flyover, and boy they got the crowd fired up, too. I wish that they'd do it next weekend before game to get everyone woke up and fired up for the 'Canes.

Anyone know what squadron those guys were from? I thought last night that they said something about the 88th somethingortheother. They started recognizing them so fast; I didn't get a chance to make a mental note of it.

The Maestro
9/2/2007, 03:01 PM
Oh...I thought this was a thread about Sam Bradford's passing numbers in the first quarter! :)

StoopTroup
9/2/2007, 03:02 PM
Didn't we have 911 total offense too? :D

badger
9/2/2007, 08:09 PM
a thread i started three years ago???

huh. and here I thought NP was starting threads under my name or something :D

Zing
9/2/2007, 08:25 PM
I was at the game in section 8. I happened to see the T-38's coming in from the SE as they entered their approach about 5 seconds before they got there.

This was one of the BEST flyover's I've witnessed. The difference is this:
Usually the birds just come in straight over the stadium e.g. South to North or vise versa. These Air Force guys yeserday did it right. They came in at a curve around the field. (and I don't know how to desribe this bit of it), The formation banked counter clock wise (?)

What that does for us on the ground is that when they just buzz straight over, the formation is over and gone in a nano second. These chaps yesterday in doing what they did really put the burners on all 80 thousand of us for a while longer, and we got to see them for a bit longer!

Way to go for the USAF! That was an awesome flyover, and boy they got the crowd fired up, too. I wish that they'd do it next weekend before game to get everyone woke up and fired up for the 'Canes.

Anyone know what squadron those guys were from? I thought last night that they said something about the 88th somethingortheother. They started recognizing them so fast; I didn't get a chance to make a mental note of it.

They said that the squadron or group name was the "Lucky Devils," but I didn't catch a number.

badger
9/2/2007, 08:28 PM
They said that the squadron or group name was the "Lucky Devils," but I didn't catch a number.
three of the four were wearing OSU hats... but we still gave them a standing o :D

OU-HSV
9/2/2007, 11:20 PM
In. God bless our soldiers and our fine country

SoonerDood
9/3/2007, 04:15 PM
were they the T-38s from Vance?

SoonerBOI
9/3/2007, 05:03 PM
God Bless America!