PDA

View Full Version : OU vs Houston Kittons Questions...

Turd_Ferguson
8/24/2016, 02:46 PM
I got tickets and staying across the street from the stadium. Anyone know good places to eat that are close? I'll be there from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning.

TIA

deweydw
8/25/2016, 12:44 PM
Here's a list of places near the stadium.

LINK (https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g56003-d535443-NRG_Stadium-Houston_Texas.html)

TheHumanAlphabet
8/25/2016, 01:35 PM
Outside of Pappadeaux's, you will be looking to go to the Galeria / Westheimer Upper Kirby area for good restaurants. I recommend Pappadeaux's for Cajun, but the other Pappas restaurants are rather meh.

Widescreen
8/25/2016, 04:55 PM
Outside of Pappadeaux's, you will be looking to go to the Galeria / Westheimer Upper Kirby area for good restaurants. I recommend Pappadeaux's for Cajun, but the other Pappas restaurants are rather meh.
Are you insane? Pappasitos fajitas are practically ambrosia. Especially with the garlic butter sauce.

mainline13
8/25/2016, 08:06 PM
Are you insane? Pappasitos fajitas are practically ambrosia. Especially with the garlic butter sauce.

I have to give you that about their fajitas. But otherwise, I've not been that impressed. And since just about every Pappasito's is right next door to a Pappadeaux's, I don't get the fajitas very often. Shoot, even if I'm thinking Pappasito's when I leave the house, I usually end up at Pappadeaux's.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2016, 08:03 AM
DO not care for much of anything from Pappasito's except for the Cabrito, same for Mrs. THA except she is partial to the enchiladas. Their food is just meh... It has been so long that I have been at a Pappasito's that I don't even know if they serve Cabrito on the weekends anymore.

oudivesherpa
8/27/2016, 01:47 PM
I live in Houston and Papa's steak house is one of the best Steak Houses in America, you will need Reservations and Bring your American Express Platinum or Black Card. It will cost about $250 for dinner and one bottle of house wine for two. It is great but I only go there on birthdays and anniversaries. Actually, I like all of the Papas restaurants, except to paraphrase Yogi Berra, "nobody goes there, they are too crowded."

oudivesherpa
8/27/2016, 01:51 PM
Absolutely Agree about Pappasitios! My Son, Daughter in law and grandchildren are coming in for the UofH game and we will go there EARLY for a victory dinner on Saturday.

Indy Sooner
8/27/2016, 03:09 PM
I live in Houston and Papa's steak house is one of the best Steak Houses in America, you will need Reservations and Bring your American Express Platinum or Black Card. It will cost about $250 for dinner and one bottle of house wine for two. It is great but I only go there on birthdays and anniversaries. Actually, I like all of the Papas restaurants, except to paraphrase Yogi Berra, "nobody goes there, they are too crowded."

I've been to the one in Dallas and was pleasantly surprised. The steak was fantastic and the ambience very appealing.

Flagstaffsooner
8/28/2016, 08:16 PM
I hope you people get your vaccinations before entering that scum infested city.

oudivesherpa
8/29/2016, 04:06 PM
I live here and I agree with you it is a scum infested city but IT HAS NO STATE INCOME TAX. With the tax savings I can fly to home games in Norman plus I can go almost anywhere in the world without changing planes. Actually, if you live in certain parts of the city, its very livable, especially in the Memorial area just stay off the highways during rush hour.