PDA

View Full Version : Joe Paterno latest :(

badger
7/12/2016, 08:34 AM
I think Penn State players can stop talking about wanting to bring the statue back.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/joe-paterno-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-in-1976-per-testimony-in-newly-unsealed-records/

The victim, who was identified in court records as John Doe 150, said that while he was attending a football camp at Penn State, Sandusky touched him as he showered. Sandusky’s finger penetrated the boy’s rectum, Doe testified in court in 2014, and the victim asked to speak with Paterno about it. Doe testified that he specifically told Paterno that Sandusky had sexually assaulted him, and Paterno ignored it.

“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, ‘I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?'” the man’s lawyer asked him in 2014.

“Specifically. Yes … I was shocked, disappointed, offended. I was insulted… I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”

Paterno, the man testified, just walked away.

This was not from the 80s or 90s as has previously been said as the earliest that JoePa heard about Sandusky.

This was from 1976.

And boy, did JoePa have a football season to worry about! After going a sh!tty 7-5 in 1976, his Penn State teams turned around and got back to back 11-1 seasons in 77 and 78.

Say a little prayer; that we will never leave college football to the Joe Paternos :mad:

cvsooner
7/13/2016, 12:37 PM
They should stop talking about wanting to bring the statue back, but hey, Richard Nixon has a presidential library that's still open.

rock on sooner
7/13/2016, 02:00 PM
Boggles the mind that an adult, in a position of authority and responsibility,
could or would ignore a youngster's complaint of that nature and just walk
away from him. Sandusky's place in hell is secure and he is apparently
saving a seat for Joe....

Tear Down This Wall
7/13/2016, 05:00 PM
They should stop talking about wanting to bring the statue back, but hey, Richard Nixon has a presidential library that's still open.

And, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump the current choices for president. Both already display a level of paranoia Nixon couldn't have even dreamed of having.

manateepower
7/14/2016, 06:04 PM
There are Joe Paterno supporters out there in the depths of the internet comment sections. Then again, there are still Adrian Peterson supporters on this board. Football makes otherwise reasonable people lose their ****ing minds.

swardboy
7/14/2016, 09:56 PM
Oh, you've stopped preachin' and gone to meddlin' son.

Mazeppa
7/16/2016, 08:28 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/2n3mnm.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/17/2016, 12:26 AM
Wonderful, inspiring, uplifting, and predictable.

7/17/2016, 06:35 PM
I would imagine Sandusky had Paterno blackmailed to take him down with him if Joe ever snitched. Who knows, but that would seem likely to me.

badger
7/18/2016, 01:47 PM
About the only conclusion you can draw is that he was being blackmailed by Sandusky. Otherwise, turn him in, be labeled as an even bigger hero than ever among Penn State and the college football community for taking out the evil Barry Switzers and child rapists, etc etc etc etc.

It does not mean that Paterno himself was a sexual abuser. Rather, that Sandusky knew things that would ruin his legacy (which as we can tell, was very, very important to that loser) and thus, Paterno protected that rapist instead of children. How pathetic.

7/18/2016, 08:17 PM
yep, Joe should have fired Sandusky back when the abuse was first discovered. After it went on, it became a situation where Paterno was part of the problem by not dealing with it.