PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 championship game back in 2017

badger
6/3/2016, 02:32 PM
And if Baker Mayfield decides (Texas Tech can no longer decide for him) to return for 2017 too... :D

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/collegefootball/big-approves-conference-title-game-starting-in/article_87b191df-f821-5c77-ac6e-f4e33e90a519.html

BoulderSooner79
6/3/2016, 02:44 PM
I assume that expansion is expected to happen by then -- a CCG with 10 teams is nonsensical.

OUinFLA
6/4/2016, 09:27 PM
they paid some company to tell them it was advantageous to have a championship game?

I would have charged them less, Im sure.

Mazeppa
6/5/2016, 12:04 AM
championship game =

http://i68.tinypic.com/2n895av.jpg

BoulderSooner79
6/5/2016, 09:26 AM
they paid some company to tell them it was advantageous to have a championship game?

I would have charged them less, Im sure.

And both you and the company would be wrong. There is no data to support an advantage to a CCG in a 10 team conference since it's never been done before. There is some counter data. The old BCS formula used to devalue a 2nd win in a re-match situation which would always be the case here (keeping the round-robin format as has been stated). I realize the BCS was a formula, but the re-match part was put in there because human beings perceived it to be a case worth considering and the CFP is made 100% on human perception. Now, it could be that the big12 powers that be are assuming conference expansion in the near future since they are on the inside of things.

OUinFLA
6/5/2016, 04:03 PM
And both you and the company would be wrong. There is no data to support an advantage to a CCG in a 10 team conference since it's never been done before. There is some counter data. The old BCS formula used to devalue a 2nd win in a re-match situation which would always be the case here (keeping the round-robin format as has been stated). I realize the BCS was a formula, but the re-match part was put in there because human beings perceived it to be a case worth considering and the CFP is made 100% on human perception. Now, it could be that the big12 powers that be are assuming conference expansion in the near future since they are on the inside of things.

I feel broker already.