PDA

View Full Version : Zach Sanchez

Mookie91
4/30/2016, 02:13 PM
5th Rounder, hope he has a baby on the way or was flunking out because another year at OU he could have become a 2nd or 3rd.

pappy
4/30/2016, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I thought he and Alexander should have stayed. Both could have used another year in the weight room.

hawaii 5-0
4/30/2016, 06:14 PM
and Eric Striker goes undrafted. Yeah, he's a little small for an OLB but he'll be free to go with a better team in need of that special Special Teamer.

5-0

VA Sooner
4/30/2016, 09:18 PM
Striker not getting drafted was a bit of a surprise to me. The kid is a little smaller than your average LBer but the kid wants to play and play hard.

Okie35
4/30/2016, 09:48 PM
5th Rounder, hope he has a baby on the way or was flunking out because another year at OU he could have become a 2nd or 3rd.

Yea he should've stayed but his situation is great. He can get reps with Carolina and strive on that defense.

Okie35
4/30/2016, 09:49 PM
Striker not getting drafted was a bit of a surprise to me. The kid is a little smaller than your average LBer but the kid wants to play and play hard.

Yea devonte getting drafted over him was weird but devonte is bigger

BoulderSooner79
4/30/2016, 11:10 PM
I don't see why another year would help Zack. He was in the program 4 years and learned about as much as he could at OU. He was never going to be a 3rd round pick or higher given his size.

rock on sooner
5/1/2016, 11:32 AM
Zach has one thing absolutely critical for a CB...short memory. If/when
he plays on Sundays, he will get burned more than once and he will
most likely get a pick six along the way. He has to do that because
pro wideouts will brush off his arm tackles.....

hawaii 5-0
5/1/2016, 01:49 PM
I'm glad the handfull of Sooners going pro will have a chance to make a team. Good luck to 'em.

5-0

badger
5/2/2016, 11:39 AM
Zack Sanchez was not frustrating to watch when he was getting beat because (a) he was probably injured and more importantly (b) he was about get an interception/fumble recovery/touchdown, because that's just what he seemed to do on defense.

I am not surprised that he fell as far as he did, because if you're not watching the big plays that always seemed to happen out of nowhere, you're seeing the rest of the time when he's getting beat.

Striker not getting drafted was a bit of a surprise to me
Outspoken is not always a virtue for a late rounder and his soundbytes may have counted against him. His size probably worked against him more than that, however. I still think he's a pro player, but likely in a role similar to Travis Lewis with the Lions the past few years --- primarily special teams.

In any event, I'd say that every Sooner except Sterling, maybe Tapper too, now needs to prove themselves in training camp to earn a roster spot, which would have been the case whether they were drafted on the third day or not at all regardless. Get to work, guys. Make us proud :)