PDA

View Full Version : Bradford gets new deal

swardboy
3/2/2016, 03:06 PM
Two years, $36 million. I bet he gets a new ping pong table.I'm a little surprised his agent didn't wait for testing the market before signing with the Eagles, but he may have already known the interest wasn't there this year. As much as I hold my nose rooting for Philly I'm pulling for Sam to have a breakout year WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM HIS RECEIVERS!

badger
3/2/2016, 04:09 PM
I saw the perfect little retort on ESPN comments to those complaining about the Eagles signing "injury prone" Sam. It essentially broke down Philly's options:

1- Re-sign Sam Bradford
2- Give a longer-term deal to Denver's backup (and free agent), Brock Osweiler
3- Rely on Sam's backup, Mark Sanchez
4- Use the No. 13 overall pick to draft a quarterback (North Dakota State's Carson Wentz? Cal's Jared Goff? Memphis' Paxton Lynch? Michigan State's Connor Cook?)

Those that are questioning the Sam deal did not consider the alternates and are living under the delusion that the Eagles could just pick up Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. I get it, $18 million a year is a lot of money to a vast majority of people and a decade ago, that would be top-QB-in-league money. Right now, only $13 million a year is guaranteed and the rest is tied to incentives, which actually places the deal a lot farther down the totem pole as a starting point.

It was a good move by the Philadelphia Eagles that I can say with a straight face without my crimson-colored glasses on.

swardboy
3/17/2016, 06:55 AM
The Eagles signed FA Chris Givens yesterday. He's got speed to burn and played with Sam early on in St. Louis. The Eagles didn't have a legit deep threat until this signing. Givens has been less than stellar since Bradford's rookie year but they did have some chemistry. If the young receivers continue to develop and HOLD ON TO THE BALL maybe he can be an effective weapon.

swardboy
3/18/2016, 04:59 AM
And look at Sammy's newest deal: http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/17/sam-bradford-im-engaged-marrying-ex-college-golfer/

BoulderSooner79
3/18/2016, 12:32 PM
I'd expect some golfing phenoms to emerge from their (future) kids. Sammy can swing a club too.