PDA

View Full Version : OU vs Horns

Mookie91
2/27/2016, 04:08 PM
Tough but telling loss. This team is neither as good as it looks at times or as bad as it looks at times. If Woodard and Cousins don't get going this team is in trouble. What I don't get is how there doesn't seem to be any attempt to try to slow the game down and get good shots in crunch time. Time for Kruger to work some OU magic.

SoonerorLater
2/27/2016, 05:13 PM
Tough but telling loss. This team is neither as good as it looks at times or as bad as it looks at times. If Woodard and Cousins don't get going this team is in trouble. What I don't get is how there doesn't seem to be any attempt to try to slow the game down and get good shots in crunch time. Time for Kruger to work some OU magic.

The guards were fantastic today compared to our big guys. Combined stat line for Spangler, Lattin, Buford, McNeace and Manyang

FG% 3-9
FT 0-0
Reb 12
Ast 2
Stl 1
Blk 1
TO 6
PF 14
Pts 6

They had more fouls than rebounds. In 40 minutes between the five of them they managed 6 points!?

hawaii 5-0
2/27/2016, 10:09 PM
Sad to see OU hardly score the final 5 minutes. Shouda worked for a better shot.

The Whorns out-hustled us today. Rebounds, loose balls........

5-0

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/29/2016, 01:31 PM
The guards were fantastic today compared to our big guys. Combined stat line for Spangler, Lattin, Buford, McNeace and Manyang

FG% 3-9
FT 0-0
Reb 12
Ast 2
Stl 1
Blk 1
TO 6
PF 14
Pts 6

They had more fouls than rebounds. In 40 minutes between the five of them they managed 6 points!?

That is definitely the story of the game. Bottom line is anytime we get decent production out of our front line, we win. When they have a better than average-good game we win handily.

Even with Buddy hitting a lot of shots early it can be a concern. I still think the formula for this team to win is early in the game to get Spangler and Lattin involved and to drive to the basket. In the second half that is when you let Buddy take over. Don't try to ride him for 39 minutes or else he gets 30+ points and we lose. The bench is going to have to play a little more.

I don't like saying complimentary things of whorn but they packed the house and they wanted very badly to win that game. Probably something to do with losing 5 straight to us. They have a win now vs us, 2 vs WV and a win over North Carolina. Conference play is a grind and it is tough to win on the road when a team has some talent and is highly motivated to beat you.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/29/2016, 03:06 PM

FG% 3-9
FT 0-0
Reb 12
Ast 2
Stl 1
Blk 1
TO 6
PF 14
Pts 6

That is definitely the story of the game. Bottom line is anytime we get decent production out of our front line, we win. When they have a better than average-good game we win handily.

Even with Buddy hitting a lot of shots early it can be a concern. I still think the formula for this team to win is early in the game to get Spangler and Lattin involved and to drive to the basket. In the second half that is when you let Buddy take over. Don't try to ride him for 39 minutes or else he gets 30+ points and we lose. The bench is going to have to play a little more.

I don't like saying complimentary things of whorn but they packed the house and they wanted very badly to win that game. Probably something to do with losing 5 straight to us. They have a win now vs us, 2 vs WV and a win over North Carolina. Conference play is a grind and it is tough to win on the road when a team has some talent and is highly motivated to beat you.