PDA

View Full Version : #1 OU vs clones

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2016, 08:32 PM
Can OU keep the #1 ranking for more than a week?

Can OU keep TO's below 12?

We had issues covering Burton...Niang will get his. Isu had a guy suspended for ksu...not sure who or if still is. Tough game...heart says OU, head says isu

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2016, 09:37 PM
can someone slap spangler and wake him up. he is just wandering around out there doing pretty much nothing. There was a time he'd crash the boards from the 3 point line, tonight he is just watching him man dunk it back in.

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2016, 09:40 PM
love Lattin's blocks but damn...learn to keep it in bounds.

Spang is just lost...no rebounding, not even fighting for a board

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2016, 09:41 PM
I was worried when it was tied with Niang not scoring...he'll get his 20+

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2016, 09:45 PM
That over and back call was absolute BS. In order to have possession in the front court you have to have both feet AND the ball. the ball never went into the front court. Can't they review crap like that?

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2016, 09:50 PM
well, that was frustrating. Spang is lost tonight, no rebounding, no paint, thank goodness the bench actually played well or it'd be a 15 point deficit.

I'm thinking it'll be the same 2nd half.

Blue
1/18/2016, 09:51 PM
Gonna be a monumental effort to pull this out. Tough to beat a top team on the road.

Good to see Buford and James contributing. As well as Cousins.

Need to play some D. Steals and turnovers.

Woodard needs to start hitting.

And if Spanglers gonna play like that, put Manyang and Buford in.

Blue
1/18/2016, 09:53 PM
That over and back call was absolute BS. In order to have possession in the front court you have to have both feet AND the ball. the ball never went into the front court. Can't they review crap like that?

I don't even try to understand officiating anymore. They travel, we travel, it goes off them and its their ball, it goes off us and its our ball. It's like they are completely influenced by momentum and the crowd. It's baffling and if I dwelled on it I would go insane.

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2016, 09:53 PM
yeah bullcrap call, but no not reviewable.

Yeah, Spang just looks like he's stoned...lol. I have noticed the last few games, finger pointing, little more frustration venting at each other...pressure is building.

I think we foul the **** out of Niang, hell, if he's going to score make him hurt. Make him shoot 2 vs 3...

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:06 PM
Woodard fer 3!!!! Lets go!!! 45-38 isu

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:06 PM
Gotta survive this...

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2016, 10:07 PM
c'mon guys

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:09 PM
Bilas is bad mojo....

Cousins....!!!!!! fer 3!!!

48-43 isu

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:11 PM
This is why Buddy is not a high draft choice. He disappears for long stretches. Makes dumb shots and passes at times. Still love him but damn.

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:14 PM
Buuuuford fer 3!!!!

Cmon Sooners!!

Hield fer 3!!!!

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:15 PM
White boy is killing us.

aurorasooner
1/18/2016, 10:17 PM
Too much outside game and not enough inside game on both on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball to be the No 1 team.

We're in it though if we get some stops and hit the 3s. Darn good game if we keep it in reach.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2016, 10:19 PM
another ball off of isu that they get back

Soonerjeepman
1/18/2016, 10:22 PM
crap call on the out of bounds...off isu's guy

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:30 PM
Are you kidding Buford? Fer 3!!!!!

62-59 OU w/out Buddy and Woodard. Start playing boys.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2016, 10:32 PM
Buddy is shooting us out of the game. If they'd just isolate cousins and let him break his down guy off the dribble he'd have much better shots.

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:32 PM
If you want to be #1, you have to play like it.

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:35 PM
Playing dumb. Outrebounded. Out hustled.

A win would be a gift.

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:41 PM
Buuuuudyyyy!!!!!

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:55 PM
Good game. Got no complaints.

That illegal screen call was about a 5 point swing atleast. Refs win another one.

Blue
1/18/2016, 10:58 PM
That's some bull****.

tooslow
1/18/2016, 11:00 PM
On a bright note, ISU improves to .500 in conference play, so at least we didn't lose to a team with a losing conference record. [insert sarcasm smiley here]

Not sure what's up with Buddy. He's definitely not looked like a National POY candidate over the past few games.

Blue
1/18/2016, 11:00 PM
Whens the last time somebody stormed the court playing us? LOL.

Blue
1/18/2016, 11:01 PM
On a bright note, ISU improves to .500 in conference play, so at least we didn't lose to a team with a losing conference record. [insert sarcasm smiley here]

Not sure what's up with Buddy. He's definitely not looked like a National POY candidate over the past few games.

Are you kidding? He was freakin awesome tonight. Stop watching basketball, please.

SoonerMarkVA
1/18/2016, 11:12 PM
All I can say is, ISU must be far and away the best-coached team in the history of college basketball. As aggressive and mauling as they were in the paint, and to end the 2nd half with only 5 fouls? That is some razor-precision technique they're coaching in Ames! It almost appears as if they are pounding on the guys driving the ball, but in reality there's an Angstrom of daylight between the defender and ball-handler. Astounding!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2016, 11:21 PM
Are you kidding? He was freakin awesome tonight. Stop watching basketball, please.

I thought he forced up some really bad shots that normally would have been forced up by Cousins. I'm amazed we can have 2 starters play as bad as Spangler and Woodard did and have a 3rd starter with zero points and we still almost won a game on the road.

PS. that inbounds play that drew the T was 3 kinds of awesome.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/18/2016, 11:26 PM
All I can say is, ISU must be far and away the best-coached team in the history of college basketball. As aggressive and mauling as they were in the paint, and to end the 2nd half with only 5 fouls? That is some razor-precision technique they're coaching in Ames! It almost appears as if they are pounding on the guys driving the ball, but in reality there's an Angstrom of daylight between the defender and ball-handler. Astounding!

To be fair, we settled for jump shots all night long instead of driving when it was there. Yes, that one ref that blew the over and back and the ball out of bounds started calling those stupid illegal screens up top, but it was fairly clean otherwise.

aurorasooner
1/18/2016, 11:27 PM
Thought we kind of looked tired tonight, but that can be expected after a tough Sat game and then another one away on a Monday night.

When Buddy has his dribble under control and skies to the hoop, it sure is pretty to watch. If we get some decent O and D out of our 3 bigs, Buford continues to improve, and we play under control, then we should be tough in the tourney. Hell, with 2 Ls in-conference already, we're going to have to bring the A-Game each night just to finish in the top 3 or 4.
The good news is we've already played away games in Lawrence and Ames. The bad news is we've still got to go to Waco, W Va, and Austin. We may have 4 or 5 conference losses, be ranked around 10th or worse, and still be a darned good team in the tourney.

tooslow
1/18/2016, 11:29 PM

Hopefully you got the POY reference. He had a good game. But awesome? Hardly. If all you look at are points that a player scores, I can see where you might come up with your assessment. 10-23, NO FREE THROWS, 6 boards, and 4 assists. He certainly had a good game, but I'm still waiting for him to get back to playing at a "freaking awesome" level. ;) I'm also concerned with the lack of help. Teams will concentrate on stopping Hield and Cousins. Nice to see Buford stepping up, but we need more players contributing.

That being said. I'll take your advice and stop watching basketball. At least for the rest of today. :)

tooslow
1/18/2016, 11:36 PM
I'm amazed we can have 2 starters play as bad as Spangler and Woodard did and have a 3rd starter with zero points and we still almost won a game on the road.

This!!

Blue
1/18/2016, 11:47 PM
Hopefully you got the POY reference. He had a good game. But awesome? Hardly. If all you look at are points that a player scores, I can see where you might come up with your assessment. 10-23, NO FREE THROWS, 6 boards, and 4 assists. He certainly had a good game, but I'm still waiting for him to get back to playing at a "freaking awesome" level. ;) I'm also concerned with the lack of help. Teams will concentrate on stopping Hield and Cousins. Nice to see Buford stepping up, but we need more players contributing.

That being said. I'll take your advice and stop watching basketball. At least for the rest of today. :)

Awesome in the fact he made like 8 3's w/ 6 being contested. He vanished for about 15 minutes but you take what he is.

He's not Lebron and you are a fickle fan. This game was an L at the beginning of the year and these guys made it a game despite Woodard and Lattin and Spangler putting up squat.

I cant stand fans like you. With fans like you, who needs opposing fans? They played their hearts out in a tough environment against a great team and all you can post is negative faggot bs. There's another loser board where all the posters are losers just like yourself and think the sky is falling after every opposing bucket or every circumstance in life where it doesn't quite fall their way called Landthieves. You'd fit in great over there.

Blue
1/18/2016, 11:49 PM
Thought we kind of looked tired tonight, but that can be expected after a tough Sat game and then another one away on a Monday night.

When Buddy has his dribble under control and skies to the hoop, it sure is pretty to watch. If we get some decent O and D out of our 3 bigs, Buford continues to improve, and we play under control, then we should be tough in the tourney. Hell, with 2 Ls in-conference already, we're going to have to bring the A-Game each night just to finish in the top 3 or 4.
The good news is we've already played away games in Lawrence and Ames. The bad news is we've still got to go to Waco, W Va, and Austin. We may have 4 or 5 conference losses, be ranked around 10th or worse, and still be a darned good team in the tourney.

Everybody else in the conference has the same schedule. We'll be fine.

Damn just be positive for a change. Our two toughest road games (3-wva) we almost won. That bodes well for our trips to Lubbock, Ft. Worth, Waco, and Austin.

SoonerMarkVA
1/19/2016, 07:35 AM
To be fair, we settled for jump shots all night long instead of driving when it was there. Yes, that one ref that blew the over and back and the ball out of bounds started calling those stupid illegal screens up top, but it was fairly clean otherwise.

Looked to me like we drove plenty, but between being mauled and, when not still missing consistently around the rim, there probably was better odds going for jump shots. Hard to remember a game where we missed so many shots inside of 5 feet.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/19/2016, 08:42 AM
Looked to me like we drove plenty, but between being mauled and, when not still missing consistently around the rim, there probably was better odds going for jump shots. Hard to remember a game where we missed so many shots inside of 5 feet.

We drove to the basket about 1/2 as much as ISU did. Also, when we drive to the basket we try to get the shot off, not try to get fouled. Its normally a smart strategy on the road because college basketball has always been about not getting calls consistently on the road. My biggest complaint was how out of it Spangler was. We win this by 10 points if he does even a marginal job in the 1st half of keeping his guy off the boards.

ISU had 13 offensive rebounds and 16 second chance points.

Boomer.....
1/19/2016, 09:06 AM
I was really impressed with ISu's defense. I wish we would step up our defense and stop allowing so many easy drives to the basket.

BermudaSooner
1/19/2016, 10:10 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a team that has a better shot at hitting a contested 3 than a layup. It is amazing how many bunnies we have missed over the last few games.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/19/2016, 11:49 AM

Ames is a tough place to win. If we have just 4 conference losses we will be at worst a #2 seed, possibly a 1 seed and probably will tie for the regular season conference title.

I think the team needs to emphasize stepping it up on the offensive end and I think Spangler looked a little tired last night but I like the way our bench is contributing so I think we should just yet Buford and Manyang some more minutes. At this point of the season I think we are is good of position and anyone could have reasonably hoped for.

hawaii 5-0
1/19/2016, 12:09 PM
I have no problem losing at Ames as long as it's not a blowout. Tough place to win.

Buford's 3s ? Where'd that come from ? Nice to see him make them but I'd rather see him down low putting back misses.

Cousins found his mojo. Hope it lasts.

Still, too many turnovers.

5-0

tooslow
1/19/2016, 12:43 PM
Awesome in the fact he made like 8 3's w/ 6 being contested. He vanished for about 15 minutes but you take what he is.

He's not Lebron and you are a fickle fan. This game was an L at the beginning of the year and these guys made it a game despite Woodard and Lattin and Spangler putting up squat.

I cant stand fans like you. With fans like you, who needs opposing fans? They played their hearts out in a tough environment against a great team and all you can post is negative faggot bs. There's another loser board where all the posters are losers just like yourself and think the sky is falling after every opposing bucket or every circumstance in life where it doesn't quite fall their way called Landthieves. You'd fit in great over there.

Wow, man. Hopefully when you have children you will not raise them in the same manner that you were raised. Your parents have failed...

Sorry, I call them like I see it. We've lived way too dangerously over the past several games and it finally caught up to us. You're the type that thinks when someone says anything negative, even when true, they must not be a real fan. When you're a gifted player like Hield, you're held to a higher standard, or rather the high standard that he has set for himself. Again, last night he was not at that level. He had a good game, by far, but to say he was amazing is a huge reach on your part.

I sincerely hope you have a great rest of the week and are able to de-stress. If you want to continue throwing insults back and forth, please drop me a pm. :)

Soonerjeepman
1/19/2016, 01:09 PM
I have no problem losing at Ames as long as it's not a blowout. Tough place to win.

Buford's 3s ? Where'd that come from ? Nice to see him make them but I'd rather see him down low putting back misses.

Cousins found his mojo. Hope it lasts.

Still, too many turnovers.

5-0

actually TO's were even..9 apiece.

Boards -9 and FT's 4/7 OU 14/17 isu...is where it was lost. We actually shot a better % both reg FG and 3's.

Sooner95
1/19/2016, 10:00 PM
Agree. We got man handled on the boards, that always hurts on the road. Keeps the crowd in it.

Overall I thought we did well. Heck it was tied with 20sec to go. Just a mater of a play or two at the end and the outcome could be different.

I stated earlier this 2 games stretch would be tough, and I'd be thrilled with a split. Big Picture. If we go into waco and knock them off, there is a good chance we would remain at #1. But even if we don't it is not the end of the world.

#1 seed is what we want. We have that type of team, just need to navigate thru the toughest conference in hoops.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/20/2016, 10:30 AM
Agree. We got man handled on the boards, that always hurts on the road. Keeps the crowd in it.

Overall I thought we did well. Heck it was tied with 20sec to go. Just a mater of a play or two at the end and the outcome could be different.

I stated earlier this 2 games stretch would be tough, and I'd be thrilled with a split. Big Picture. If we go into waco and knock them off, there is a good chance we would remain at #1. But even if we don't it is not the end of the world.

#1 seed is what we want. We have that type of team, just need to navigate thru the toughest conference in hoops.

KU dropping one at OSU last night shows how tough winning on the road can be. I know style points count for nothing at the end of the day but we have 2 road losses at the two toughest places to play in the league and it took triple OT and being tied until the last 20 seconds before we lost. KU lost 2 road games by double digits, one to a team in the cellar.

We are still in great shape.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/20/2016, 03:04 PM
KU dropping one at OSU last night shows how tough winning on the road can be. I know style points count for nothing at the end of the day but we have 2 road losses at the two toughest places to play in the league and it took triple OT and being tied until the last 20 seconds before we lost. KU lost 2 road games by double digits, one to a team in the cellar.

We are still in great shape.

To quote Billy Tubbs -> "A 1 point win on the road is a blowout"