PDA

View Full Version : OU vs couch burners....

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 09:32 AM
Should be an interesting game.

Will the OU team that showed up at Lawrence show or the 20 TO, un-energetic team the last 2 games show?

Obviously there are 4 things that stand out to me.

#1. Press...can we handle it? I know when I coached we'd run 6-7 on starting 5 to create that crazy press

#2 3's we HAVE to hit 45% or better

#3 Bigs - we not only need to limit theirs, but we need 20 points from ours

#4 Bench - we need some production, even if it's just time that isn't negative.

I know, that sounds like every game...but there are some differences in up coming opponents (bu we'll need to be efficient against the zone)

Great day....Sooners at 3, Chiefs at 3:30...

rock on sooner
1/16/2016, 12:06 PM
Do the Mountaineers travel with their own couches or do they shop
the local thrifts to upgrade their celebrations?

SoonerorLater
1/16/2016, 12:24 PM
Should be an interesting game.

Will the OU team that showed up at Lawrence show or the 20 TO, un-energetic team the last 2 games show?

Obviously there are 4 things that stand out to me.

#1. Press...can we handle it? I know when I coached we'd run 6-7 on starting 5 to create that crazy press

#2 3's we HAVE to hit 45% or better

#3 Bigs - we not only need to limit theirs, but we need 20 points from ours

#4 Bench - we need some production, even if it's just time that isn't negative.

I know, that sounds like every game...but there are some differences in up coming opponents (bu we'll need to be efficient against the zone)

Great day....Sooners at 3, Chiefs at 3:30...

#1 - This is the key to everything else. WV's game plan is predicated on one premise, full court pressure to create turnovers. Live ball turnovers leading to easy baskets because they are not a good shooting team. If OU wins or holds serve in the turnover battle then they win the game. Watched quite a bit of the WV-KSU game and KSU did a good job handling the VW press. As a matter of fact the full court pressure by WV was probably more detrimental then helpful as KSU got some front court numbers advantages that led to easy buckets because of the way the KSU guards broke the front court pressure. I wasn't impressed by the WV execution but their commitment to pressure is relentless and they aren't afraid to commit some fouls along the way. Because they go so deep, even though they commit a lot of fouls they don't have guys foul out. .....We need to hit our free throws.

#3 Bigs - Would like to see our big guys sell out to defend the paint and BLOCK OUT. The VW bigs are really just bangers....but tough bangers. They don't have the ability to pop out and hurt you with 3 pointers. Their damage will come within a few feet of the basket. Williams really is a load in the paint. It would be nice to see some productive minutes on defense from Manyang. Which leads us to......

#4 Bench - Here is where OU may have a problem. WV will throw 9-10 guys at you and pressure you from start to finish. It would be nice if we could rotate our guards. Right now Walker is the only guard Kruger has shown much confidence in off the bench. James needs to be able to step up and play some productive minutes. They will just have to have more than 5 minutes or so out of these guys.

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 05:10 PM
Poor shooting first half, few to many turnovers. game is tied.

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 05:10 PM
Get Hield more looks. I like the aggressiveness of Buford and Walker off the bench. Attack Attack the paint. WVU loves to foul.

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 05:28 PM
Horrible decidion by cousins

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 05:29 PM
Why the **** do we not set any #$!## inbounds play

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 05:30 PM
Hate to say it but if it gets 12 to 14 pt game we're done. Wv feeds off that

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 05:34 PM
Not boxing out on boards...wv has a butload of guys with 3 fouls...but foesnt matter

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 05:35 PM
Better def, attack the rim on offense. These guy foul nearly everytime.

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 05:36 PM
We are shooting 29%...someone needs to get going. Hield having problems getting open.

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 05:46 PM
Better. Attack Attack.

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 05:52 PM
Better. Attack Attack.
Yup...

Bullcrap call

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 05:53 PM
Yea. That was a charge.

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 06:06 PM
Figures. that Paige kid is a pain in the ***.

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 06:12 PM
Unfrickinbelievable. ..jeeze. we just cannot make smart plays. Bad shots...no movement

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 06:13 PM
Hell Yeah!!!! LATTIN NICE TIP IN!!

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 06:14 PM
Ugly *** game. I'll take the win.

rock on sooner
1/16/2016, 06:18 PM
Welp, I hope the Sooners have all the UGLY games out of their system!
They're winning them but, Geez, this old man can't beat the spread! :biggrin:

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 06:23 PM
Yes...ugly win. Got to turn around..big moday at ames. I know cousins is the pg...but dang he makes some poor decisions.

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 06:25 PM
The good is buddy doesnt have to score 30 for us to win. Lattin stepping up. Spang just looks spent...cant believe McNeece cant give us any time

Blue
1/16/2016, 06:29 PM
Yeah baby. Nice win against a team that lives off mugging your ***. Hard to watch. They make great plays hustling but also body the **** out of you.

They get bounced come tourney time bc those refs actually call fouls.

Cousins showed signs of a pulse and Lattin and Spangler played great today. Even Buford contributed besides his propensity to jack up bricks from 3.

I love that this team is winning some tough games. That'll serve em well down the road. They got heart.

#1 Baaaaby! Atleast for a week. Hopefully they find another gear in the next two bc they're gonna be tough.

Blue
1/16/2016, 06:30 PM
The good is buddy doesnt have to score 30 for us to win. Lattin stepping up. Spang just looks spent...cant believe McNeece cant give us any time

That's just the way Spangler looks. He was a beast today, IMO.

SoonerorLater
1/16/2016, 06:45 PM
Yeah baby. Nice win against a team that lives off mugging your ***. Hard to watch. They make great plays hustling but also body the **** out of you.

Yeah I really hate the WV style of BB. Sole goal is to ugly the game and put the pressure on the refs to make a decision to blow the whistle knowing good and well the refs will let stuff go because they don't want to blow the whistle every possession. This of course frustrates the other team because fouls that are normally called are ignored and thus begins a downward spiral of hacking, fouling and just generally ugly BB.

I understand it from the WV perspective because as a team they have zero incentive not to play that way. Individually they just aren't that talented. I just wish the officials did not have a sliding scale of calling fouls.

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 07:04 PM
Well WVU just makes it ugly with their chaotic press.

We turned the ball over 18 times, shot under 30% from the field and still pulled out a win.

Ames might be a breath of fresh air..lol

rock on sooner
1/16/2016, 07:11 PM
Don't say that about Hilton Magic....those fans have a way of really
getting their team going.

About WV, why is Huggins on a stool? Health? Second, WV should
be arrested, AS A TEAM, for assault!...jus sayin'...

Sooner95
1/16/2016, 07:13 PM
No I know about Hilton. it is a tough place to play. Not facing the press will be welcome I am sure.

Facing Niang again will not be.

SoonerMarkVA
1/16/2016, 07:58 PM

Cousins showed signs of a pulse and Lattin and Spangler played great today. Even Buford contributed besides his propensity to jack up bricks from 3.

I love that this team is winning some tough games. That'll serve em well down the road. They got heart.

#1 Baaaaby! Atleast for a week. Hopefully they find another gear in the next two bc they're gonna be tough.

Yup. This. That was some ****-poor officiating. WV should have fouled out at least 4.

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 08:44 PM
No I know about Hilton. it is a tough place to play. Not facing the press will be welcome I am sure.

Facing Niang again will not be.

And burton...we had no match up for him

Soonerjeepman
1/16/2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah I really hate the WV style of BB. Sole goal is to ugly the game and put the pressure on the refs to make a decision to blow the whistle knowing good and well the refs will let stuff go because they don't want to blow the whistle every possession. This of course frustrates the other team because fouls that are normally called are ignored and thus begins a downward spiral of hacking, fouling and just generally ugly BB.

I understand it from the WV perspective because as a team they have zero incentive not to play that way. Individually they just aren't that talented. I just wish the officials did not have a sliding scale of calling fouls.

Yup...my boss refs small college games and he said as much...they wont call the easy foul cause they'd foul 5 guys out. Wv knows they'll get away with "touch fouls" for that reason.

hawaii 5-0
1/17/2016, 12:42 PM
As said, ugly win. Lattin still improves every game. If he could only learn to catch one of Cousins's quick dishes as Isaiah drives the lane. He as well as Cousins improved their FT %. Buford contributed as well.

These close wins will built character down the road.

5-0