PDA

View Full Version : Samaje Perine to have surgery on left ankle

bmjlr
1/7/2016, 11:15 AM
http://newsok.com/ou-running-back-samaje-perine-to-have-surgery-on-left-ankle/article/5470980

Hope it goes well!

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2016, 12:09 PM
Someone on LT suggested that Perine is fragile since he ended both seasons with ankle injuries. I guess just about 98% of all featured RBs are fragile by that reasoning.

hawaii 5-0
1/7/2016, 01:29 PM
Any update is appreciated. Post-op X-rays are always nice.

5-0

SoonerForLife92
1/7/2016, 07:36 PM
Someone on LT suggested that Perine is fragile since he ended both seasons with ankle injuries. I guess just about 98% of all featured RBs are fragile by that reasoning.

Guess he missed where Perine came back into the game with his injury. Guess there's a difference between fragile body and mental toughness but I think my point remains. Really hope he heals quick.

swardboy
1/7/2016, 08:04 PM
I dont question Samaje's toughness or work ethic . He is other world beastly. But I remember an ankle problem in the 2014 campaign too. Is this a lingering issue? I just want him 100% next fall.

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2016, 12:30 AM
I dont question Samaje's toughness or work ethic . He is other world beastly. But I remember an ankle problem in the 2014 campaign too. Is this a lingering issue? I just want him 100% next fall.

I can't remember if it was the same ankle - it may have never healed properly. Regardless, RB is the most dangerous position on the field and almost every back that carries hundreds of times a season misses time on the field. A good third of the tackles I see look like they could twist an ankle. The best way to keep an RB healthy is a dominant O-line that keeps 300 lb guys from falling on him -- which is exactly what happened to Perine against Clemson.

swardboy
1/8/2016, 10:06 AM
Well, here's to a miracle O-line transformation next year. We aren't going to smell the play-offs regardless of skill players without it.

Does the new freshman class offer anything to hope for realistically?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/8/2016, 11:28 AM

Amazing he played 2 games post injury. Most people would be hobbled and bed-ridden IMO. Perine = Chuck Norris?

Pride1Mom
1/8/2016, 12:41 PM
You could see that he was not quite right. The speed and acceleration just wasn't the same. When you saw that having 3 weeks off did not make it better, you knew it was a more serious injury than we were told.