PDA

View Full Version : Women's reg season games

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2016, 07:35 PM
well, down 8 early was 11...not hitting outside. tcu running zone.

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2016, 08:05 PM
got it close at half but tcu just hitting their 3's...we got no answer for the zone. tcu up 14 early 2nd half

tycat947
1/7/2016, 10:08 AM
Sooners win, 78-65.

Soonerjeepman
1/7/2016, 11:27 AM
yeah, tcu started missing and the D picked up...good win.

Sooner95
1/9/2016, 08:23 PM
Sooner women are better than expected correct? I haven't followed them closely this year.

badger
1/18/2016, 11:39 AM
Our program needs one of these:
https://davidlindskoog.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/nes-reset.jpg
Now please speculate which one I meant :D

1- Reset button: Absent WNBA-level recruits since Danielle Robinson and Whitney Hand graduated, it's time to stop thinking that the next Paris twins, Stacey Dales or LaNeisha Caufield is going to be walking through LNC's doors soon. A Bob Stoops 2014 to 2015 offseason-level reset is in order.

2- Power button: No, it's not 1990 and we are not shutting the program down entirely, but it's clear changes are needed if we ever want to return to the Final Four, because what is going on now is not getting it done.

3- A Nintendo Entertainment System: Too physically drained to practice on court? Play basketball until your fingers have blisters, because losing by 31 to anyone, let alone Pokette, is unacceptable for a top 25 program like OU.

oudanny
1/18/2016, 12:10 PM
The program is definitely going in the wrong direction. Platitudes won't get the job done. Besides an obvious upgrade in talent, does there need to be some coaching changes?
How do we attract players that can compete nationally?

badger
1/18/2016, 12:59 PM
Besides an obvious upgrade in talent, does there need to be some coaching changes?
How do we attract players that can compete nationally?

Unfortunately, the two tend to go together at the collegiate level. In college, EVERYthing falls on the coaching staff, for a wide variety of reasons... I'd like to think that college fans still view players as kids to some degree and don't ever want to say anything bad about the student-athletes.

Why did the men's program suddenly get better when Jeff Capel was replaced by Lon Kruger? I can go through the list of reasons why I didn't like Jeff Cpael, and in fact LOATHED pretty much everything he did while coaching at OU once again if you like :D

But, cliff's notes version are that Lon is a far better coach and judge of basketball talent at the college level, whereas Capel was in over his head and couldn't do whatever they teach at Duke at a program like OU.

Here's hoping Sherri Coale can right the ship, because I strongly believe that she is a great college coach, but for her to stay at the helm, offseason changes are a must.