PDA

View Full Version : KU and WV games sold out..ksu close

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2016, 11:19 AM
Man, I HOPE the ku game tickets are bought by OU fans...in the past there is a decent sized contingent of ku fans at the bball game.

ugh~

yes the loss still is bitter.

tycat947
1/6/2016, 12:32 PM
Man, I HOPE the ku game tickets are bought by OU fans...in the past there is a decent sized contingent of ku fans at the bball game.

ugh~

Very true and I'm sure there are a lot that had already bought tickets. There were more I-State fans last week than I've ever seen before too!

badger
1/6/2016, 01:08 PM
The yellow shirts guarded the lower bowl during Jeff Capel's last year there at the OU-KU massacre in LNC. Fortunately, we had tix for said lower bowl... unfortunately, surrounded by blue that laughed at me as I begged our defense to cover Morningstar.

Thanks to toddler duty, that was the last OU MBB game I've attended. Fortunately, we are on TV a lot under Lon. Thank you, Lon!

BermudaSooner
1/7/2016, 10:45 AM
I got a note as a Sooner Club member that available KU tickets were going on sale to sooner club members only at 5:00 a couple of days ago. So I logged on about 5:30 to see if I could pick a couple more up and they were gone. Only way KU fans are getting tickets is by buying from OU fans or any allotment that KU get. Really hoping we can keep winning and roll into that game with our only loss being the KU away game.

Soonerjeepman
1/7/2016, 11:28 AM
yeah, TT took isu to the wire at Ames...

going to be tough season. I think the champ will have at least 3 losses

hawaii 5-0
1/7/2016, 01:25 PM
I don't mind losing to a good team on their court. It's those inexplicable losses especially home games, that perturb me.

I expect a good cutthroat season where everyone just wants to win at home and hope to steal some on the road.

5-0

badger
1/7/2016, 01:45 PM
Hawaii, I hope you got a chance to see this team when they were in your backyard... I assume that all of the tiny islands out there are your backyard ;)

rock on sooner
1/7/2016, 02:31 PM

ugh~

Anyone know the size of the visiting team's allotment? I ask because of the
size of OUr crowd in Lawrence. Looked tiny, compared to the rowdy KU bunch.

tycat947
1/7/2016, 03:11 PM

The visiting team is usually allotted a couple of rows behind their bench. That doesn't apply to any fan purchasing from the home team any tickets at any time. KU basketball games are all sold out so if OU fan wanted to contact KU for tickets, there would not be any available unlike OU in past years where there are potentially a few thousand available for every game (and KU fans grabbed up those tickets thus the huge jayhawk (not a real bird!) crowds.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/7/2016, 04:09 PM

My brother was at the game Monday night and I've been to a couple OU-KU games at AFH and those times you could just about count the Sooner fans at the game. I'm sure there will be a decent visiting KU contingent especially after Monday night but I don't think you need to worry. There is going to be a loud and boisterous OU crowd for the game. Might be time to take the Skeeter Meter out of retirement.

badger
1/7/2016, 04:33 PM
Yall remember this?
http://espn.go.com/blog/north-carolina-basketball/post/_/id/1350/williams-dont-sell-tickets-or-else

The seats behind UNC’s bench for road trips are usually reserved for families and Tar Heel faithful, so having the opposition there was particularly noticeable.

So at least there's supposed to be a happy OU contingent around our team, if nowhere else in an opposing building :eek:

Boomer.....
1/7/2016, 04:47 PM
The KSU game is now sold out

http://newsok.com/article/5470974

hawaii 5-0
1/7/2016, 06:16 PM
Hawaii, I hope you got a chance to see this team when they were in your backyard... I assume that all of the tiny islands out there are your backyard ;)

Badg, I missed the Villanova game at Pearl Harbor but attended all 3 of the games at the Diamond Head Classic at Christmas week. For the Championship game I ran into the mother of a pinerider for Hawaii who got me to sit right behind the Sooner bench 7 rows up. I hung around after the game to watch the trophy presentation and ended up getting Lon Kruger to sign my OU cap.

5-0

Soonerjeepman
1/8/2016, 12:41 AM
Badg, I missed the Villanova game at Pearl Harbor but attended all 3 of the games at the Diamond Head Classic at Christmas week. For the Championship game I ran into the mother of a pinerider for Hawaii who got me to sit right behind the Sooner bench 7 rows up. I hung around after the game to watch the trophy presentation and ended up getting Lon Kruger to sign my OU cap.

5-0

sweet

ah the Skeeter Meeter! nice