PDA

View Full Version : 5 way too early predictions for 2016

deweydw
1/5/2016, 02:01 PM
That's the title of the article here (http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/oklahomasooners/2016/01/04/five-way-early-predictions-oklahomas-2016-football-season)

Here's one of the too early predictions.

4. Jordan Thomas will be Oklahoma's defensive MVP. Losing Sanchez will undoubtedly hurt OU's secondary. The return of soon-to-be junior Jordan Thomas will still give Oklahoma an edge with its pass defense, however. Thomas was arguably better than Sanchez this past year as one of the Big 12's best shutdown cornerbacks. He finished 2015 with five interceptions and 46 tackles. Staying out of trouble will be the key for Thomas. He was suspended for the first quarter of OU's 2015 season opener against Akron and for the entire game against Tulsa for unspecified disciplinary reasons. But next season could be a huge one for the Klein, Texas, native. OU won't be short on facing elite passers in 2016, and Thomas' talent might be the biggest factor in Oklahoma's success.

swardboy
1/8/2016, 10:15 AM
When Thomas was out I remember how Ahmad Thomas drove me nuts NOT looking back for the ball. I swear he could have had five interceptions that game. He improved a lot when he subbed for Sanchez later. I think I have the right db.

Soonerjeepman
1/8/2016, 10:47 AM
When Thomas was out I remember how Ahmad Thomas drove me nuts NOT looking back for the ball. I swear he could have had five interceptions that game. He improved a lot when he subbed for Sanchez later. I think I have the right db.

yes

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2016, 01:03 PM

Perhaps you mean Mbanasor in the Tulsa game? Ahmad Thomas is a safety. Of course, the reason he had so many chances to get the INT is exactly why Tulsa kept going after him. Had he snagged one, they would have changed strategy. He was a FR over-matched by a good senior WR.

Soonerjeepman
1/8/2016, 02:05 PM
Perhaps you mean Mbanasor in the Tulsa game? Ahmad Thomas is a safety. Of course, the reason he had so many chances to get the INT is exactly why Tulsa kept going after him. Had he snagged one, they would have changed strategy. He was a FR over-matched by a good senior WR.

oops...yeah my bad. The dude would NOT turn around...lol at all.

Mazeppa
1/8/2016, 10:09 PM
You are right it is way too early! :)

swardboy
1/8/2016, 10:52 PM
Yes, Mbanasority....how could I forget such a common name?