PDA

View Full Version : Prediction

ObiKaTony
1/5/2016, 12:29 AM
In 7 years or less, OU will leave the big 12. Heard lots of chatter to which teams should be added and the list is exactly why they will and should leave. This conference is pathetic, with lousy tv deals and bad times throughout the season...can't wait

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2016, 12:33 AM
exactly...directional schools? I know I said Houston, but at least they are non directional...lol.

Big 12 is dead.

Problem is there is no way the state would let OU leave osu out.

ObiKaTony
1/5/2016, 12:38 AM
exactly...directional schools? I know I said Houston, but at least they are non directional...lol.

Big 12 is dead.

Problem is there is no way the state would let OU leave osu out.

The ball is in OU's hand. They can go where and when they want. Everyone gets worked up about the big 12 but there really is nothing to worry about. Every major conference would take ou in a second. Osu, might have an issue, but i don't really care. OU would ditch them if need be.

ObiKaTony
1/5/2016, 12:40 AM
Read on a thread where GA southern is an option to expand. Is that a joke? OU needs to make arrangements now, and bolt 'sooner' rather than later. Sec, big 10, PAC 12, doesn't matter

Jacie
1/5/2016, 07:24 AM
I thought there was an academic issue between OU and the B1G.

Sabanball
1/5/2016, 09:59 PM
The Big 12 will eventually be dissolved. The way I see it--SEC will eventually absorb OU and Te*as. We will not take anyone else. Having the horn's ego and forcing them to renew their series with AM will be good for college football and add flavor to the sec. The RRR will be preserved. Adding a top 3 all- time program in you guys will add even more value to our conference. Te*as can drop their money- losing longhorn network and you all will directly benefit from the highly successful SEC Network. Everybody wins.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/6/2016, 07:23 AM
The Big 12 will eventually be dissolved. The way I see it--SEC will eventually absorb OU and Te*as. We will not take anyone else. Having the horn's ego and forcing them to renew their series with AM will be good for college football and add flavor to the sec. The RRR will be preserved. Adding a top 3 all- time program in you guys will add even more value to our conference. Te*as can drop their money- losing longhorn network and you all will directly benefit from the highly successful SEC Network. Everybody wins.

^^this^^

SoonerMarkVA
1/6/2016, 07:58 AM
The ball is in OU's hand. They can go where and when they want. Everyone gets worked up about the big 12 but there really is nothing to worry about. Every major conference would take ou in a second. Osu, might have an issue, but i don't really care. OU would ditch them if need be.

It's not OSU's issue. It's the state legislature that can interfere, just as the Texas legislature did with Aggy wanting to leave. Yes, ultimately, Aggy left, but that would be the same as if it were OSU wanting to leave. It's not like OU would give a crap, same as ut didn't. But OSU knows it would have its roots cut and wither on the vine if OU left them behind, and so everyone in state political office sympathetic to Poke would fight tooth and nail.

swardboy
1/6/2016, 08:55 AM
It's not OSU's issue. It's the state legislature that can interfere, just as the Texas legislature did with Aggy wanting to leave. Yes, ultimately, Aggy left, but that would be the same as if it were OSU wanting to leave. It's not like OU would give a crap, same as ut didn't. But OSU knows it would have its roots cut and wither on the vine if OU left them behind, and so everyone in state political office sympathetic to Poke would fight tooth and nail.

That's how I understood our last go-round about jumping conferences. All the more reason to hate them.

SoonerMarkVA
1/6/2016, 09:26 AM
That's how I understood our last go-round about jumping conferences. All the more reason to hate them.

+1

olevetonahill
1/6/2016, 09:49 AM
Whatever happens, I aint Chantin SEC SEC . **** that noise.

SoonerMarkVA
1/6/2016, 11:20 AM

That would be, indeed, a great scenario. Except I don't see how OU can pull that off politically without OSU, unless we can get some sort of assurances that OSU has a soft landing. Problem is, *no P4* (at that point) is going to take Poke by itself. Their only hope is the ugly sister being allowed to come along with the bombshell. Who takes Poke alone?

B1G? LMAO
Pac? LOL
ACC? HA

If any conference will take both, they'll get priority over all conferences only willing to take OU. If *no* conference will take OSU, there will be an epic political bloodbath since nothing short of the demise of OSU's AD is at stake. That would set them on the path to become the next UCO. The only way that succeeds is if not severing means *both* OU and OSU are left in the wilderness. At the very least, Boone Pickens needs to be dead because he would flush his entire fortune to protect OSU at the expense of OU.

TAFBSooner
1/7/2016, 04:32 PM

^THIS^

rock on sooner
1/7/2016, 05:11 PM
^THIS^

I agree with the agreement. I would submit, however, that WHEN
THE Sooners win #8 next year, that will give the conference more
life than seven years. Now, if the Sooners get the "itch" (see the
tie in?) to move then that'll happen. If (a big one) the conference
can be competitive in bowls, then the Big XII will continue. Jus sayin'..

hawaii 5-0
1/7/2016, 06:21 PM
I just hope OU doesn't join a conference where fans and players twirl little towels around their heads.

Nothing looks more ghey than for grownups to do that.

5-0

swardboy
1/8/2016, 10:10 AM

Our band will just "Boomer Sooner" the sh&$ out of any attempt at that crap.