PDA

View Full Version : 2 deep next year

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2016, 01:30 AM
yes a long ways off...but the projected 2 deep

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-projected-the-sooners-2016-depth-chart/article/5470279?custom_click=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+newsok%2Fsports%2Fou+%28NewsO K.com+RSS+-+sports+%3E%3E+ou%29

what I notice is our D line is NOT big..6'3 300 is the biggest guy. Just bringing this up because one of the common comments was Clemson was so much bigger on the D line...bigger, quicker, stronger...and then I saw comments saying we had young guys that were bigger and stronger just waiting.

Again, just thoughts...

SoonerBorn
1/3/2016, 09:45 AM
Same head coach with an 8-9 record in bowl games, right? So basically worse odds than a coin toss at the end of the season.

SoonerMarkVA
1/3/2016, 11:14 AM
yes a long ways off...but the projected 2 deep

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-projected-the-sooners-2016-depth-chart/article/5470279?custom_click=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+newsok%2Fsports%2Fou+%28NewsO K.com+RSS+-+sports+%3E%3E+ou%29

what I notice is our D line is NOT big..6'3 300 is the biggest guy. Just bringing this up because one of the common comments was Clemson was so much bigger on the D line...bigger, quicker, stronger...and then I saw comments saying we had young guys that were bigger and stronger just waiting.

Again, just thoughts...

Not sure I buy that 2-deep, at all. No Gallimore, or Lampkin, in the 2-deep? Or "Q"? Looks like the guy is just putting "next man up" for departing Srs, and pencilling in some new guys.

Also, that O-line he has in looks, again, way too soft in the middle. Not a single guy over 300.

tooslow
1/3/2016, 11:44 AM
I don't get too worked up over recruiting rankings, but damn!! Just checked and we are at #27??!! Right behind Duke and Houston.

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2016, 11:54 AM
Not sure I buy that 2-deep, at all. No Gallimore, or Lampkin, in the 2-deep? Or "Q"? Looks like the guy is just putting "next man up" for departing Srs, and pencilling in some new guys.

Also, that O-line he has in looks, again, way too soft in the middle. Not a single guy over 300.

yeah, I'm sure the dude just took who was next in line...I think even the Powers kid...juco from ks, he said a Jr he actually will be a soph I think. But agree, interior of o line not "big" either...

oudivesherpa
1/3/2016, 01:32 PM
Daimler is 6'7 and 294. I taught at the High School where Daimler graduated from (also Andrew Luck) and Daimler was only about 215 out of high school. He could probably handle another 25 lbs., but the question is will the extra weight cut down on his speed and stamina? OU doesn't seem to rotate a lot of guys out of the O line

Okie35
1/3/2016, 01:46 PM
I don't get too worked up over recruiting rankings, but damn!! Just checked and we are at #27??!! Right behind Duke and Houston.

Yup like I've said ... Bob really does get a lot out of players that aren't high recruits but I miss getting top 5 classes

tooslow
1/3/2016, 03:44 PM

Yup like I've said ... Bob really does get a lot out of players that aren't high recruits but I miss getting top 5 classes

Yep. Looking at it like that, I'd say Bob has done a great job. On the flip side, why can't Bob come up with a way to land a decent amount of players that other big time schools are interested in? I know I sound like a broken record talking about the defense, but I can't see anything changing until changes are made on that side of the ball. It's obvious that Mike is good enough to compete in the B12, but not against the top programs out of conference on a regular basis.

Curly Bill
1/3/2016, 06:58 PM

I know, just ask Alabama how meaningless those recruiting rankings are.

yermom
1/3/2016, 07:24 PM
Andrews and Knight are WRs now?

swardboy
1/4/2016, 09:43 AM
Seems like Bob Stoops could recognize who the up and coming young D - coordinators are out there...he was one once.

He did a great job of recognizing Lincoln Riley and re-invigorating our offense. I'm not a recruiting expert, but it seems that our O - recruiting has picked up as well.

That's what has to happen to the defense.

tooslow
1/4/2016, 10:50 PM
Seems like Bob Stoops could recognize who the up and coming young D - coordinators are out there...he was one once.

He did a great job of recognizing Lincoln Riley and re-invigorating our offense. I'm not a recruiting expert, but it seems that our O - recruiting has picked up as well.

That's what has to happen to the defense.

Agree 100%. Just read that Oregon has demoted their DC to linebackers coach after their 2nd half defensive collapse against TCU. I just wonder how much effort is applied when someone is 99.98% certain they will never be fired while their brother is the head coach. Is that person trying to incorporate new schemes/ideas when his tried and true system fails against better competition or at least teams he's not familiar with? It could also just be a case of our players being outplayed, but at some point the DC has to take ownership of that part as well.

Jacie
1/5/2016, 07:27 AM
If posts from the Oregon internet fanbase mean anything, their entire coaching staff should be drawn and quartered and the backup QB, Lockie, should transfer.

They are not happy, nope, not happy at all.