PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 in bowls

Soonerjeepman
1/2/2016, 12:08 AM
not a good year.

guess the Pac 12 and Sec are all they say they are.

OU lost acc
osu lost to sec
bu won acc
tt lost to sec

ksu prob lose to sec
wv maybe pac 12
tcu will lose pac 12

kenth68
1/2/2016, 12:15 AM
not a good year.

OU lost acc
osu lost to sec
bu won acc
tt lost to sec

ksu prob lose to sec
wv maybe pac 12
tcu will lose pac 12

Yeah, it's not pretty. The Big 12 is living up to the criticism.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2016, 12:18 AM
I was watching the Poke game and the announcers were commenting on how OSU just doesn't have the studs in the trenches and really needs help on the O-line if they want to compete with the big boys. I thought I was watching our game again for a second.

Okie35
1/2/2016, 12:23 AM
not a good year.

OU lost acc
osu lost to sec
bu won acc
tt lost to sec

ksu prob lose to sec
wv maybe pac 12
tcu will lose pac 12

We don't have our teams playing slouches like the B1G, Pac-12, and other conferences do. Minnesota played Central Michigan... Washington played Southern Miss., VT played Tulsa, Washington State played a coachless Miami team... Stanford played an overrated Iowa team. Every team but Baylor in our conference are playing teams that are toss ups or just flat out mismatches. Tech had NO business playing LSU, I don't even think Baylor should've played UNC, they could've played Ole Miss. WVU vs. ASU (mismatch). TCU vs Oregon toss up but Oregon should win now. KSU/Arkanas (mismatch) Arkansas was playing great down the stretch.

The pac-12 and sec aren't all what they say they are the games are just mismatches. Bowl ties are stupid as well.

PhiDeltBeers
1/2/2016, 12:24 AM
Big 12 has 0 trench play. Even the Baylor win was a game based on skill players. Nothing in the trenches. Texas might actually have the best lines with no skill players (completely talking out of my ***, but might not be too far off).

Eielson
1/2/2016, 09:49 AM
Big 12 has 0 trench play. Even the Baylor win was a game based on skill players. Nothing in the trenches. Texas might actually have the best lines with no skill players (completely talking out of my ***, but might not be too far off).

Baylor ran for about 650, so I'd say they won in the trenches.

dwarthog
1/2/2016, 09:57 AM
I was watching the Poke game and the announcers were commenting on how OSU just doesn't have the studs in the trenches and really needs help on the O-line if they want to compete with the big boys. I thought I was watching our game again for a second.

I don't think we are at that level of despair regarding our line play (OSU bad) We have some young kids who got some serious playing time this year, hopefully a couple who got some seasoning and more coming in, maybe not the best of the best, but coaches need to get em ready to play.

I heard this same comment as well watching the game and thought it somewhat ironical that the stud d-lineman for Miss was out or OSU would have really been over matched.

Soonerjeepman
1/2/2016, 10:27 AM
yeah, the one comment I heard from the osu game was how (and the graphic they put up) the Big 12 doesn't have defenses. All the bowl games involving the Big 12 our defenses got torched in yards..

Works well against other Big 12 schools but not against other good teams. This was supporting the criticism of the Big 12.. must have been sec homer announcers :fatigue:

Jacie
1/3/2016, 11:21 AM
Gotta hand it to TCU and WV, both of them won close games, one in triple OT, the other by 1-point in a shootout, to leave the Big XII at 3-4 in bowl games.

It could have been a lot worse.

winout
1/3/2016, 11:49 AM
Yeah, OU moving to the CFP caused a trickle up mismatch in some cases. Thankfully, Baylor, TCU and WV pulled through to give us a half-way decent showing in the end. Queue the "how to fix this league" threads.

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2016, 11:51 AM
great comeback by tcu...aided by u of o's qb and center being out for 2nd half. A win none the less.

wv got the win as well.

3-4 overall...

SicEmBaylor
1/3/2016, 10:10 PM

You can't be serious.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2016, 10:27 PM
Surely, you can't be serious.

I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.

(ok, I had to cheat a bit)

JLEW1818
1/4/2016, 12:16 AM
I didn't see the Whorns in a bowl game this year... Did they not make one?

😁

kbsooner21
1/5/2016, 11:18 AM
Big 12 sucks. Plain and simple. Get drilled year after year in the bowls for the most part.

ddub0224
1/5/2016, 01:41 PM
Big 12 sucks. Plain and simple. Get drilled year after year in the bowls for the most part.

The Big12 "best" teams just aren't as good as the other conference "best" teams. I do think our "middle" teams are better its just that because we have fewer teams, the matchups always put the Big12 at a disadvantage. Shoot, 2 of the conference wins came from the "middle" Big12 teams without their starting (or any) QB.