PDA

View Full Version : okay...officiating

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2015, 11:02 PM
just have to bitck....

SEVERAL PI's that weren't called....

block in the back (granted sure clemson would have scored no doubt but still)

Sheps unsportsmanlike....2nd guy gets caught...but he got shoved big time first.

Off "facemask" on the pass reception and run...really? I've seen several in the bama game but not one call.

~ yes not necessarily game changers, but the lack of PI's were horrible, crap one time the defender practically tackled our WR.

Okay...done.

SoonerMarkVA
12/31/2015, 11:18 PM
Officiating was dreadful. Absolutely horrible. I thought it was XII refs for quite some time because it was so terrible (no, not really, but that's how bad it was).

PhiDeltBeers
12/31/2015, 11:27 PM
I called 3 major problems in this game....1. Lincoln called a subpar game with all the deep ball calls vs hashing it out with runs and short passes, 2. Tackling was horrendous (how many times did we hit them at the line or in the backfield and not wrap up, 3. Officiating was horrible (call on Flowers was a game changer and I only really remember one flag on them that came in the 1st quarter PI call which was probably questionable).

SoonerMarkVA
12/31/2015, 11:28 PM
I called 3 major problems in this game....1. Lincoln called a subpar game with all the deep ball calls vs hashing it out with runs and short passes, 2. Tackling was horrendous (how many times did we hit them at the line or in the backfield and not wrap up, 3. Officiating was horrible (call on Flowers was a game changer and I only really remember one flag on them that came in the 1st quarter PI call which was probably questionable).

I would agree with all of that.

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2015, 11:31 PM

yup..not saying officiating was all it, but the several PI's MIGHT have gotten us closer to a TD. Yes, Flowers was a definite game changer. He's quoted as saying all he did was clap in the dude's face. Says he doesn't remember saying anything....if he's telling the truth that is total BS.

kenth68
12/31/2015, 11:52 PM
2. Tackling was horrendous (how many times did we hit them at the line or in the backfield and not wrap up

That's gotta be one of my biggest beefs. Even this last game of the season, guys are still out there thinking all they have to do is put a hit on the other guy and expect that to be enough. Then they're laying there on the ground while the ball carrier is still up and running.

kenth68
12/31/2015, 11:54 PM
yup..not saying officiating was all it, but the several PI's MIGHT have gotten us closer to a TD. Yes, Flowers was a definite game changer. He's quoted as saying all he did was clap in the dude's face. Says he doesn't remember saying anything....if he's telling the truth that is total BS.

The officiating was horrible, but they know better than to do this BS. They know it will hurt the team, so why can't they control themselves?

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2016, 12:13 AM

I thought that call was super ticky-tack. The 2 players pushed back and forth a couple of times and then separated. I could see it if the play was getting chippy and the game was getting out of hand, but nothing like that was going on. I can see why Flowers was perplexed at the call.

CatfishSooner
1/1/2016, 03:40 AM
Refs made bad calls both ways

Soonerjeepman
1/1/2016, 10:45 AM

yeah, if you're talking about NOT making the PI calls.

The only bad call against clemson was the first PI on them...BUT I think "holding" on the route should have been called.

Not sayin it would have changed the game but IF we get those PI calls possible we go down and score and who knows...

with that, game over, season over. On to next year. We have a pretty good basketball team starting the league tomorrow

FaninAma
1/1/2016, 10:54 AM
Yeah at a rotio of 5:1 in Clemson's favor.

rock on sooner
1/1/2016, 11:12 AM
Yeah at a rotio of 5:1 in Clemson's favor.

I griped about it in the "Official game thread"....the game was
called by "homer refs"...the PI's were so obvious that even my
wife was saying how bad the calls were. Yup. Flower's flag hurt,
funny that when Clemson did the same thing there was no flag.
Pretty sure that if the PI's on Westbrook were called we'd have
had at least 10 more points. Baxter's stiff arm was such a stupid
call on the ref's part....no words....Jeep is right, roundball tonight
starts a great conference season.....March should be a riot!!!!

Boomer!

Since71ASooner4Life
1/1/2016, 11:16 AM
There were a number of bad calls, but I didn't see them favoring one team or the other. Our initial drive was kept alive with PI on an uncatchable pass, and the sideline violation on Clemson was weak. I was surprised Mead didn't get a taunting penalty when he flipped the ball at the defender on the ground.

We lost the game in the trenches plain and simple. Thank God that idiot Shaq Lawson left early or it could have got really ugly

JLMSOONER
1/1/2016, 03:48 PM
There were a number of bad calls, but I didn't see them favoring one team or the other. Our initial drive was kept alive with PI on an uncatchable pass, and the sideline violation on Clemson was weak. I was surprised Mead didn't get a taunting penalty when he flipped the ball at the defender on the ground.

We lost the game in the trenches plain and simple. Thank God that idiot Shaq Lawson left early or it could have got really ugly
I agree. I was waiting for the flag when he flipped that ball. We got beat on both sides. Most wanted venables gone but he had a pretty good D last night.

Okie35
1/1/2016, 03:54 PM
I was waiting for the first holding call and I knew10/1 it'll be on us ...

oudivesherpa
1/2/2016, 12:29 PM
I don't think the officiating was bias, just incompetent, the ref's didn't appear to be able to handle the pace of the game. Also, in the first half too many trivial calls on both teams. On the bright side, the ref's would go well with all the weight watcher Ad's by Oprah, Big Ten Ref's could be in the before group.

Eielson
1/2/2016, 01:28 PM
Refs were bad, but not as bad as our O-Line.

Serenity Now
1/2/2016, 02:31 PM
The Flowers call moved us into 2nd and 22 I think and killed a drive when we had serious momentum. When Micah Quick didn't get the first that killed us as well. I think those two things and it's a different game. That said, without Joe and an injured Perine and it was going to be a long night.

Eielson
1/2/2016, 02:46 PM
The Flowers penalty. The PI calls. The Fake punt. The Walker injury. The Evans injury. The Mixon and Perrine injuries. The missed fourth and short. The interception near the goal line. Kittles.

If all those things went our way, we'd have definitely won. Unfortunately the stars can't align for us every game. We just have to get better, and I'm sure that this coaching staff is not only aware of this, but capable of the task.