PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for a Great Season

guido911
12/31/2015, 09:28 PM
Made the playoff, won the conference, beat everyone but Texas and Clemson, and have the foundation for a great next season.

Turd_Ferguson
12/31/2015, 09:35 PM
Word!!

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2015, 09:43 PM
The down side of the CFP is that 3 of the 4 best teams in the country will lose their final game. It's an empty feeling now, but what a fun ride this season. I really believe we could be better next year if things fall into place.

soonergirlNeugene
12/31/2015, 10:00 PM
Exceeded my expectations for this season. After the way we closed out last year, I never would have thought we'd be in the playoffs.

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2015, 10:10 PM
Exceeded my expectations for this season. After the way we closed out last year, I never would have thought we'd be in the playoffs.

yup, still sucks~

but like the ku fans say, IN OCTOBER, it's basketball season! We have 2 huge games, Sat home vs isu, ranked 11 and Mon at ku ranked 1 prob

DrZaius
12/31/2015, 11:26 PM
Man this has been a great season! Next year will be even better!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/1/2016, 09:08 AM
I have to agree. The turnaround after the Texas game was amazing and I think the team overachieved if anything. Was a great year considering how last year went and this year started.

VA Sooner
1/1/2016, 09:31 AM
Young team that was not expected to do this well... it was a good season and last night, the better team won.

Looking forward to next year and seeing what this group can do.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/1/2016, 11:05 AM
Yup - no regrets this year other than the fact that it ended with a loss to the undefeated #1 ranked team, which carries no shame.

We knew this was going to be an OL rebuilding year - it was our weak link and it got exploited last night. They got better as the year progressed, but Mayfield was still making big plays while scrambling and as we were reminded last night, that doesn't hold up against good defenses. Hopefully we're better in this area next year.

We made major progress this year with the new OC / play calling, and we just got a 5-star QB transfer because of it. Although it didnt work, I loved the 4th down direct snap to Perine - showed some innovation we haven't seen in years.

We took a big step back toward elite status this year, and I'm happy as a pig in mud about that. Hopefully we get a recruiting windfall from it and the snowball starts to build

FaninAma
1/1/2016, 11:21 AM
Mike Stoops is going to have to quit getting out-coached in big games. I am very excited about OU's future on offense with Riley. Take away the last ihterfeption and wuestionable penaltues against OU that killed drives and we score 30 against Clemson's defense.

Sooner70
1/1/2016, 11:36 AM
It would've been easy to fold the tent after the Texas game, but Stoops & co. didn't do that. Kept grinding & working it, and won the conference, made it to the playoffs. Hats off to a great effort, that just fell a bit short by a half of a football game. Gave us something to cheer and look forward to next year.

olevetonahill
1/1/2016, 12:29 PM
Even tho I lost the 35 to 1 bet I enjoyed the season tremendously. Cant wait till next year.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2016, 01:07 PM
Even tho I lost the 35 to 1 bet I enjoyed the season tremendously. Cant wait till next year.

I was ready to buy that airline ticket and attend your party. Maybe next year, but I don't see you getting 35-1 again.

hawaii 5-0
1/1/2016, 03:32 PM
I'd like to thank Eric Striker, Sterling Shepard and Charles Tapper for being standout leaders throughout their careers with the Sooners. Others, like Darlington, Shannon, Bond, Kasitati, Hodgson and Neal also contributed.

The first three mentioned won't be easily replaced.

Edit: Just read where Zac Sanchez is goin' pro. Good luck and thanks, Zac.

5-0