PDA

View Full Version : TCU QB Trevone Boykin arrested after bar fight, accused of striking officer

sendbaht
12/31/2015, 08:35 AM
if true..what a fool.

ESPN::

"TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested in San Antonio early Thursday morning after fighting at a bar and then striking a bicycle patrol officer, according to multiple reports that cite authorities.

TCU is playing Oregon in the Alamo Bowl on Saturday.

TCU QB Trevone Boykin is in San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl. Tom Pennington/Getty Images
According to authorities, Boykin, 22, and some teammates were in an establishment called Pat O'Brien's just before 2 a.m. when some patrons recognized the quarterback and began to trash talk. Boykin became upset and a scuffle ensued. In the melee, Boykin struck a bar employee.

Boykin and the people with him were removed from the bar, but the fight continued, according to reports. San Antonio bicycle police officers arrived at the scene and tried to stop the fight with the help of bar bouncers. Boykin reportedly threw an "indiscriminate" punch that struck an officer.

After officers threatened to use a stun gun on Boykin, he was arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and public intoxication, according to reports.

The TCU athletic department issued a statement Thursday morning.

"We are aware of a situation last night and are gathering information," the statement reads. "We will continue to closely monitor this and evaluate additional details as they become available."

Boykin is a senior who passed for 3,575 yards with 31 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season. The Dallas native was a second-team All-American last season."

VA Sooner
12/31/2015, 08:39 AM
I saw that this morning and just couldn't believe it. Doing a stupid thing just before the bowl game and most likely ruining your team's chance against Oregon.

Foolishness.

winout
12/31/2015, 09:05 AM
Bet he plays.

SoonerMarkVA
12/31/2015, 09:48 AM
According to authorities, Boykin, 22, and some teammates were in an establishment called Pat O'Brien's just before 2 a.m. when some patrons recognized the quarterback and began to trash talk.

Boy, talk about "mission accomplished" for the haters. How effin' stupid can you be to let some dingbat fans ruin your name, team, and bowl like that?

KantoSooner
12/31/2015, 10:08 AM
If I recall, Pat O's is on the River Walk and is in the basement level of a hotel. To any sentient being that means Sh!t TONS of police and private security. I suppose lessons must be learned; learning them from a rhythmic truncheoning, however, is not my preferred method.

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2015, 10:12 AM
wow...went from Heisman contender, all round great guy to arrested while intoxicated.

IF he plays, I really doubt it, that will be amazing.

PhiDeltBeers
12/31/2015, 10:43 AM
Suspended.

winout
12/31/2015, 01:17 PM
What a dumpster-fire season for them. Patterson had done a pretty good job getting them this far.

I guess he got into it at the bar, his teammates got him out of there and then while on the way back to the hotel he charged the police that showed up. That got him arrested. Good idea to stay off the sauce, Dude!

OUinFLA
12/31/2015, 03:13 PM
Quoted here many times:

"It is impossible to underestimate the stupidity of 18-21 year olds"

Especially it seems..... football players.

He'll fit in fine with the NFL.

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2015, 03:32 PM
Quoted here many times:

"It is impossible to underestimate the stupidity of 18-21 year olds"

Especially it seems..... football players.

He'll fit in fine with the NFL.

YUP...we've had our share...

soonerfan69
12/31/2015, 06:01 PM
Should be kicked off the team if he hit an Officer