PDA

View Full Version : And that's all for the Chip Kelly show...

Snrinhouston
12/29/2015, 07:56 PM
…so which college will go after him?

Or will he sit on the sidelines for a year hoping the Texas job opens up?

swardboy
12/29/2015, 08:39 PM
More importantly to me, how does this shake out for Sam and Demarco. I'm sure Lane will do just fine.

Jacie
12/29/2015, 09:07 PM
Makes you wonder if places like sa*et and usc are taking a look at the buyout and thinking, "Hmmm . . ."

Snrinhouston
12/29/2015, 09:35 PM
Makes you wonder if places like sa*et and usc are taking a look at the buyout and thinking, "Hmmm . . ."

^^^^^ exactly

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2015, 10:59 PM
More importantly to me, how does this shake out for Sam and Demarco. I'm sure Lane will do just fine.

I think the trades for Sam and DM is what got him fired.

Eielson
12/29/2015, 11:28 PM
…so which college will go after him?

Every single one that needs a coach.

Jacie
12/29/2015, 11:38 PM
Chippy was paid $2.8 million his last year at duck u., while his philly contract was $32.5 million for 6 years (that's $6.5 million/year for the math challenged). So the idea of going back to college would mean taking a pay cut unless he could get a deal on par with Saban or Harbaugh.

swardboy
12/30/2015, 12:05 AM
I see he was "released" for a little over $13 million. He can take a year off.

Eielson
12/30/2015, 12:29 AM
Chippy was paid $2.8 million his last year at duck u., while his philly contract was $32.5 million for 6 years (that's $6.5 million/year for the math challenged). So the idea of going back to college would mean taking a pay cut unless he could get a deal on par with Saban or Harbaugh.

I was going to say that USC was going to fork out that kind of cash for him, but then I found out that they hired their interim coach. Phew!

I think Miami would be wise to consider forking out the big bucks. Other than that, I can't see any reason not to take the year off.

Pride1Mom
12/30/2015, 11:09 AM
It amazes me how STUPID the pro teams are! I am not a pro football fan, because rarely do you ever see a true TEAM effort. The Patriots are an exception. I watch the pro games only because the college games are over, and I love the game itself. The Redskins when Joe Gibbs was coach played like a team. Dallas has NEVER figured it out.

mainline13
12/30/2015, 11:14 AM

Not considering myself to be math challenged, I divided it for myself and came up with 32.5 / 6 = 5.4167. Not sure about your challenges .... Proofreading, at a minimum. :sneakiness:

Soonerfan88
12/30/2015, 11:03 PM
I really doubt he would go to texas. One article I read, maybe from pro football talk, said Kelly really didn't like dealing with recruits or boosters because of all the ego stroking necessary for both of them. That doesn't sound like someone who would be happy in Austin.

If he doesn't get another NFL job, I would predict he sits out the year so he can take his time and find the spot he wants.

winout
12/30/2015, 11:44 PM
"The smarmy one ©" doesn't like dealing with people. Needs to be an OC not a head coach.

Breadburner
12/31/2015, 06:26 AM
Rumor has it he can't coach college until 2017......

nighttrain12
12/31/2015, 01:23 PM
I think the trades for Sam and DM is what got him fired.

Sam has done pretty well though. Not using DeMarco the right way is why he has been struggling. I think the coach didn't relate to his players well. Going from college to the pros is not always an easy or successful transition for coaches and I think that was Chip's biggest problem ... himself!

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2015, 02:19 PM
Sam has done pretty well though. Not using DeMarco the right way is why he has been struggling. I think the coach didn't relate to his players well. Going from college to the pros is not always an easy or successful transition for coaches and I think that was Chip's biggest problem ... himself!

Sam has been okay, but he is not as good a fit as Foles was. How many of those zone read plays did Sam end up keeping? :) Both Sam and DM were not good fits for his offense. Kelly's record as coach was 10-6,10-6,6-9 which is not bad by NFL standards. But he only had personal control this last year and many of his moves were head scratchers. That's what got him fired, not the one bad year coaching. But it will work out fine for Sam and DM. Heck, it will work out fine for Kelly in the long run.