PDA

View Full Version : This is what all the fuss is about part deux. Kyler Murray freshman year highlights.

milesl
12/26/2015, 12:54 PM
Thank Sumlin.
He looks like a nice for fit with our offense.
doesnt look like his size is a impedement.
Im always telling the wife size doesnt matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75x99nyaK5U

rock on sooner
12/26/2015, 01:28 PM
Thank Sumlin.
He looks like a nice for fit with our offense.
doesnt look like his size is a impedement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75x99nyaK5U

(Heh, does wifey buy that?)

He's good at sliding and avoiding contact on the sidelines...sure is different
from BM in that respect. Shows good speed versus college types so it'll
be fun to watch growth and development....

KantoSooner
12/26/2015, 01:32 PM
1. Ball St., Nevada, Sakerlina, ASU
Grain of salt ingested.
2. Good lord! South Carolina's SECondary should commit ritual suicide. There are high schools across our great land who'd put up 50 on them through the air.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/26/2015, 01:42 PM
So more than half of his highlights are running the ball. Not to say we can't succeed with a running QB, but generally speaking we are a passing team. Thus we concentrate on his throws. Please note these are HIGHLIGHTS, so all of his incompletions (40% of his throws) are not shown.

The one pass we want to look for is the slant. It was the one pass that Knight couldn't hit at all and caused us to be abysmal on 3rd down since it is our primary 3rd and long route. I count him throwing 7 of them in his highlights

2 - Thown high, receivers jump and make some crazy good catches on them. This was the #1 issue that Knight had - throwing high over the middle.
1 - perfect throws with a man in his face
1 - thrown at the feet of a guy with no one within 15 yards of him.
2 - Good throws through a window (meaning no one was between him and his target).
1 - the throw at 1:26 which I'm having a hard time believing was intentional much less that the receiver was able to make that crazy catch.

Honestly, he just reminds me of a better running Trevor Knight. Those running skills would translate much better to WR than they do at QB.

KantoSooner
12/26/2015, 01:50 PM
He does seem to have excellent burst and elusiveness. We'll see once spring ball starts.

champions77
12/26/2015, 02:04 PM
Anyone know how many passes he had batted down this year? Short QB's are rarely great passers, but they can be good passers. The running threat can put pressure on defenses that even a great passer can't.

A good passer that can run like this kid will get you a lot of W's.

Jacie
12/26/2015, 03:18 PM
He should be OUr next Q, not OUr next QB.

Eielson
12/26/2015, 04:54 PM
1. Ball St., Nevada, Sakerlina, ASU

The list of teams Mayfield didn't suck against his freshman year is pretty similar.

BoulderSooner79
12/26/2015, 05:28 PM

My wife buys it, but the mistress - not so much. She expects a thick, throbbing wallet with staying power.

cvsooner
12/28/2015, 05:34 PM
Kendall Thompson 2.0.

SoonerMarkVA
12/28/2015, 05:54 PM
Kendall Thompson 2.0.

KT was 6'2". KM looks to be considerably shorter.

KantoSooner
12/28/2015, 07:05 PM
The list of teams Mayfield didn't suck against his freshman year is pretty similar.

You're right, but we all had doubts about Baker. As well. At least I did. If this guy is right in the head, he's got tools. We'll see.

cvsooner
12/28/2015, 07:47 PM
KT was 6'2". KM looks to be considerably shorter.

True. Just thinking about the highly heralded QB who turns out to be less than advertised and should probably switch positions. That's what I'm seeing.

Eielson
12/28/2015, 10:00 PM
You're right, but we all had doubts about Baker. As well. At least I did. If this guy is right in the head, he's got tools. We'll see.

LR is an eternal pimp