PDA

View Full Version : AP All-Big 12: Baker Mayfield unanimous offensive player of the year; 7 first-teamers

badger
12/16/2015, 02:40 PM
Also, Bob Stoops AP Big 12 coach of the year. All honors listed here:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/osusportsextra/baker-mayfield-emmanuel-ogbah-named-ap-big-offensive-defensive-players/article_4f85cc35-c0b2-5661-b8b6-98110ba93905.html

Funny: Our true freshman foot is both the Big 12's second team punter and kicker :D

rock on sooner
12/16/2015, 03:36 PM
The first team kicker/punter were both seniors so maybe the voters
wanted to "honor" them for a "body of work". Ima guessing that Seibert
gets the "honor" for the next three years! :biggrin:

badger
12/16/2015, 04:02 PM
I know that our foot has a name, but I spent most of the season saying see-bert instead of sy-bert, so I hereby declare him "FOOT."

There's no way in hell I'm calling him Austin. :mack:

dwarthog
12/17/2015, 08:11 AM
Way to rub a little salt in the wounds at Taco Tech...

stoopified
12/17/2015, 12:55 PM
Way to rub a little salt in the wounds at Taco Tech... Those pathetic wretches are demented in their hatred of Baker and defense of Kliff.

MichiganSooner
12/17/2015, 01:02 PM
What happened to all-universe QB Mason Rudolph?

SoonerMarkVA
12/17/2015, 01:11 PM
What happened to all-universe QB Mason Rudolph?

2 incompletes, and 1 pick 6 if I recall correctly. :joyous:

delhalew
12/17/2015, 03:15 PM
Well hopefully Baker gets another year to rub Tech's nose in their own pile of dog****.

aurorasooner
12/17/2015, 08:05 PM
Well hopefully Baker gets another year to rub Tech's nose in their own pile of dog****.

Wow, that article on CBS Sports sure makes Kingsbury, Tech, and the Big 12 office/Big 12 Faculity Athletic Reps look as slimey as something green that you spit in the sink when you've got the flue.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25417181/mayfield-still-held-hostage-by-texas-tech-while-winning-with-sooners

As that unrecruited walk-on, Mayfield became the Big 12 offensive freshman of the year. Today, as Oklahoma's quarterback, he is in line to play for a national championship. He just finished fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting.

The school that needed that unrecruited walk-on to bail them out would not let go. In fact, Texas Tech has more control over an All-America caliber quarterback -- more than 24 months in the team's rear-view mirror -- than anyone except perhaps Mayfield's parents.

The NCAA, the conference, and the school -- specifically coach Kliff Kingsbury -- would not sign off on Mayfield getting a fourth year of eligibility in 2017. The Red Raiders did not provide him with the opportunity to use a one-time transfer exception. Oh sure, they can hide behind Big 12 and NCAA rules, but the fact remains.

By not signing off on waiving Mayfield's redshirt year after he transferred to Oklahoma in 2014, none of them agreed to do the right thing.