PDA

View Full Version : Basketball > Football

Eielson
12/14/2015, 03:27 PM
At least for now. OU just jumped to 3.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

badger
12/15/2015, 10:42 AM
Way to go, both teams. I'd love to catch a basketball game this season.

Soonerjeepman
12/15/2015, 01:27 PM
great job...but I'll take that with a grain of salt.

post depth not there yet

Sooner95
12/15/2015, 08:36 PM
Good to be a Sooner!!

badger
1/4/2016, 02:54 PM
I really dont want the burden of starting a WBB thread after the epic threads of season's past, so I'll just borrow this one :D

We have several losses and may be relying on reputation more than anything else to be ranked No. 17. As usual, or thorn-in-side nemesis Baylor handed us a loss Sunday, but at least it was fairly close (10 points).

The team to beat this year is instead... Texas, who just surpassed BU in the AP poll. UT is No. 4, Baylor dropped to No. 6 because they lost their Big 12 season opener to... wait for it...

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/croppedphotos/2011/11/18/budke_t650.jpg

Rest in Peace, Kurt Budke. Andrea Riley... I do not miss you. :stunned:

OU next travels to the vast wasteland of women's basketball that we sent our Tulsa Shock underperforming, underattending WNBA team to... you know, that DFW cluster. The game will be televised by FSSW+, because Fox just can't fit enough Southwest Sports on its regular Fox Sports Southwest channel and had to add a plus to it.

Before any of you ask me to resume WBB duties at SF.com, please know that I have dropped real cable so I cannot catch most of the games anymore; I'm sick of UConn winning every season, I'm sick of Baylor beating us every time we face them, and I long for the good ol' days of when I was still in college and we could waltz into every game favored.

:D In other words, exactly how you all feel about when Bud or Barry coached the Sooners when you were there. If you were a student in the 90s instead of the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or even the 00s, you have my sincerest, most humblest, condolences.

Booommmmerrrrrrrr

Soonerjeepman
1/4/2016, 03:41 PM
yeah, love Coach Coale...BUT not thinking OU will be back in top 10 for awhile. We'll see when the 6'9 girl shows up next year.

Soonerjeepman
1/4/2016, 03:43 PM
As far as the OP, tonight will go a LONG way.

It looks even on paper except for bench. I thought we'd get more out of our bench but the last few games it hasn't done much. Down to a 8 player rotation.

We'll need more depth this spring.

tycat947
1/4/2016, 03:45 PM
Hypocrite U is overrated at 6. They should be closer to 10. We didn't play great but still had a chance to win. I do think the whorns will sweep the Mulkeys though and I'm pretty sure the whorns are overrated too. We're missing Gioya and the rest are too inconsistent. If we start hitting on all cylinders, look out! :)