PDA

View Full Version : Vox throws in the towel on Obamacare

Tear Down This Wall
12/14/2015, 10:44 AM
More leftist publications reporting the continuing premium increases for Obamacare...you know, the "Affordable" Care Act:
http://www.vox.com/2015/12/14/9910650/obamacare-premiums-2016?ref=yfp

Credit them for at least waking up and smelling the coffee. But, they still don't understand the problem: insurers are blamed for not setting the premiums high enough!

Again...I don't care what type of insurance you talk about, if you don't allow the insurers to underwrite the risk, you are not going to have a good result. This isn't f*cking Sweden, with a population of less than 10 million and 80-90% of the people are of the same racial heritage.

We are a country of 350 million+, with dozens of races with different potential medical problems. Taking the underwriting element away from insurers is not going to lower premiums.

The stupidest f*cking people in the country came up with this "Affordable" Care Act. There's no telling how many different academics and politicians, the number of combined degrees and experience, set the exceedingly stupid system in place. It is absurd. I don't think even George Orwell believed politicians could be this stupid and careless.

Serenity Now
12/14/2015, 11:51 AM
More leftist publications reporting the continuing premium increases for Obamacare...you know, the "Affordable" Care Act:
http://www.vox.com/2015/12/14/9910650/obamacare-premiums-2016?ref=yfp

Credit them for at least waking up and smelling the coffee. But, they still don't understand the problem: insurers are blamed for not setting the premiums high enough!

Again...I don't care what type of insurance you talk about, if you don't allow the insurers to underwrite the risk, you are not going to have a good result. This isn't f*cking Sweden, with a population of less than 10 million and 80-90% of the people are of the same racial heritage.

We are a country of 350 million+, with dozens of races with different potential medical problems. Taking the underwriting element away from insurers is not going to lower premiums.

The stupidest f*cking people in the country came up with this "Affordable" Care Act. There's no telling how many different academics and politicians, the number of combined degrees and experience, set the exceedingly stupid system in place. It is absurd. I don't think even George Orwell believed politicians could be this stupid and careless.

I think the Heritage Foundation came up with it. I call it "Romney Care".

REDREX
12/14/2015, 12:06 PM
I think the Heritage Foundation came up with it. I call it "Romney Care".---Give it up Barack and the Dems own this pig

yermom
12/14/2015, 01:39 PM
health care is a game rigged for administrators and insurance companies to team up to fleece as many people as possible.

as long as it is a for profit business, it's going to stay that way

if the Canadians and the Brits have it so bad, why aren't they clamoring to get here and telling us how good we have it?

Serenity Now
12/14/2015, 02:23 PM
I'm told the French model is the best one out there for a universal payer. I've not researched it. I went back to get my MBA because of Hillary screwing around with this circa 1992.

FaninAma
12/14/2015, 02:30 PM

Yes, and the state that gave us Romneycare has the highest insurance premiums in the nation and the highest per capita expenditures on health care in the nation. A meta-analysis by Blue Cross Blue Shield also said that the expanded Medicaid coverage in Masschusetts will bankrupt the state by 2025. Already Medicaid has gone up from 14% of the state's budget before Romneycare was enacted to 21% of the state budget this year.

Tear Down This Wall
12/14/2015, 04:09 PM
Yes, and the state that gave us Romneycare has the highest insurance premiums in the nation and the highest per capita expenditures on helath care in the nation. A meta-analysis by Blue Cross Blue Shield also said that the expanded Medicaid coverage in Masschusetts will bankrupt the state by 2025. Already Medicaid has gone up from 14% of the state's budget before Romenycare was enacted to 21% of the state budget this year.

The other thing is, who gives a crap about Romney? We're talking about the "Affordable" Care Act/Obamacare, as is Vox; not Romney's old legislative disasters.

dwarthog
12/15/2015, 09:08 AM
health care is a game rigged for administrators and insurance companies to team up to fleece as many people as possible.

as long as it is a for profit business, it's going to stay that way

if the Canadians and the Brits have it so bad, why aren't they clamoring to get here and telling us how good we have it?

I agree with this. The insurance companies, the same evil ones that were identified as the reason for the rises in health care costs prior to the ACA are still the same insurance companies that are administering this monstrosity. It baffles me why the group that hated them so badly jumped right into bed with them again. (Not really).

I've known a "few" Brits through the years and have a Canadian next door neighbor and I have discussed health care with all them. (The Canadian neighbor is a Nurse) There are actually two systems in place in those country's. The "public" get in line and wait and the a "private" pay me money to get in now. That isn't widely discussed when everyone goes all doe eyed over how great those other country's health care systems are.

Hell, they even talked about how great Cuba's healthcare system was and those people risk their lives to float over on sticks of wood to get here.

There is way to much BS and obfuscation with regards to "health care" IMO.

REDREX
12/15/2015, 11:10 AM
Like my Canadian friends say---"The system is great----as long as you don't get sick"----I have had two friends dads die waiting for heart bypass surgery in Canada

Tear Down This Wall
12/15/2015, 12:16 PM
I agree with this. The insurance companies, the same evil ones that were identified as the reason for the rises in health care costs prior to the ACA are still the same insurance companies that are administering this monstrosity. It baffles me why the group that hated them so badly jumped right into bed with them again. (Not really).

I've known a "few" Brits through the years and have a Canadian next door neighbor and I have discussed health care with all them. (The Canadian neighbor is a Nurse) There are actually two systems in place in those country's. The "public" get in line and wait and the a "private" pay me money to get in now. That isn't widely discussed when everyone goes all doe eyed over how great those other country's health care systems are.

Hell, they even talked about how great Cuba's healthcare system was and those people risk their lives to float over on sticks of wood to get here.

There is way to much BS and obfuscation with regards to "health care" IMO.

Yes. 111% correct.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/15/2015, 05:54 PM

Romney is no conservative... he is a dem lite.