PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Allen evaluating transfer options: 'Oklahoma comes to mind'

Okie35
12/10/2015, 10:14 PM
http://a1.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/ncaa-fb/images/2015/09/15/Texas%20A&M/091515-NCAA-FB-Texas-A&M-Aggies-quarterback-Kyle-Allen-PI-SW.vadapt.955.high.16.jpg

Quarterback Kyle Allen announced on Twitter Thursday night that he is transferring from Texas A&M. The talented sophomore threw for 2,210 yards this season to go with 17 TDs and just seven interceptions this season, while completing 57 percent of his passes. The Arizona native, considered by many as the nation's top QB recruit two years ago, told FOX Sports that he will head back home this weekend and try to sort out his transfer options.

"I never really liked recruiting, but I guess gotta through it again," Allen said.

Ideally, he said he'd like to transfer to a Power 5 conference program that would have a QB who will be a senior in 2016 so he'd be able to compete for an open job in 2017 when he becomes eligible. One school that certainly fits that profile is Oklahoma, where junior Baker Mayfield has transferred into OU and became a star.

"Oklahoma comes to mind because it does fit all those things, and my old (high school) teammate (Mark Andrews) is a receiver there, and coach (Bob) Stoops is an all-time great coach," Allen said.

According to Allen, he has been released to transfer to any school except those in the SEC and future Aggie opponents

For now, Allen will go home and wait to hear from some interested schools.

"Hopefully, they'll reach out and we can go from there."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-am-aggies-kyle-allen-transfer-options-oklahoma-sooners-bob-stoops-121015

Jacie
12/10/2015, 11:16 PM
For now, Allen will go home and wait to hear from some interested schools.

Obviously, he doesn't understand how it works the second time around.

No one calls you, you have to shop yourself a la Baker Mayfield et al.

Come to Norman Kyle, take a look at the campus, the town, wander over to the football offices, ask if any coaches are there and could you please speak to one.

They might give you instructions on how to walk on . . .

yermom
12/10/2015, 11:20 PM
Can he not get a scholarship offer if he's released?

yermom
12/10/2015, 11:20 PM
Baker wasn't released by Coach Bro...

Sabanball
12/10/2015, 11:36 PM
Two words--Kyler Murray.

achiro
12/11/2015, 07:35 AM
Why is he leaving tamu?

dwarthog
12/11/2015, 07:57 AM
^^^^ This ^^^^

delhalew
12/11/2015, 08:11 AM
I've been hearing about locker room problems at AandM most of the year, without hearing any specifics beyond promises made about 0laying time. I don't know which parties are the problem or if they all are fighting and whining, but I doubt it's anything we want to deal with.

Pride1Mom
12/11/2015, 12:06 PM
I watched him last year, and he thought he was the second Manzel. OU does not need a QB that shows the $ sign when he scores!!

badger
12/11/2015, 12:16 PM
Where to start on Texas A&M...

Being an Aggie (or an Aggy) means that better days are always ahead, your team is always on the rise and This. Is. Going. To. Be. The. Year.

The Johnny Heisman year was the year that Aggie went full-on Aggie with this mindset, similar to when OSU nearly did everything (but really did not do much of anything) in 2011. Texas A&M beat Alabama (but did not even win their conference division). Texas A&M won the Cotton Bowl (not a BCS bowl or a national title game). And most importantly, Johnny's Heisman. The first ever freshman to win it! (even though he was a redshirt freshman and was nearly kicked off the team before the season started). Full. On. Aggie.

Texas A&M proceeded to build a larger stadium that those damn TU t-sip whorns. They upgraded their facilities. They made sure Kevin Sumlin was not going anywhere (especially USC) by giving him $5 million a year. All of this was guaranteed to win the SEC, win national championship, win more Heismans, win win win.

Alas, much like our own Aggy, Aggie doesn't fare well after the month of October, much like in the Big 12, which A&M hadn't won but once (in 1998).

So now, Texas A&M has a big stadium that it can't fill by the end of the season. It continues to not compete for the conference division (let alone national) titles, and every next-Heisman quarterback, from Kenny Trill to Kyle Field Allen, transfers out --- Hill to TCU, Allen who knows where. And rumor has it that Kyler Murphy is transferring also. Who knows?

This is the same song and dance that has been going on for years at Aggie schools. They have that one magical year that really isn't all that great by elite team standards and think that they are now elite, too. They are not. They are Aggie. :rcmad: :stunned:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/11/2015, 01:49 PM
Two words--Kyler Murray.

Why is he leaving tamu?

^^^^ This ^^^^

It is a similar situation to Baker. They have their favorite (murray) and he isn't it. He is a pretty good QB, but he keeps getting injured.

Cons: Remember this is a Sumlin player. Sumlin lets his guys do whatever thuggery they want on the field just like he did with our receivers when he coached here. Their is a distinct difference between a fiery competitor like Mayfield and a early 90's U thug like iglesias and kelly were Sumlin's last year.

winout
12/11/2015, 02:06 PM
I think we need to pass on this guy. Seems like a divo (that is the masculine form of diva, right?). Don't we have a 4-5 star guy coming in next year already?

Sabanball
12/11/2015, 03:07 PM
I think he would be a good get for you guys. IMO Sumlin panicked and gave up too early on Allen.

John Lopez at CBS Houston is reporting that both OU and Cal are under serious consideration as transfer options.

Soonerjeepman
12/11/2015, 03:20 PM
I think we need to pass on this guy. Seems like a divo (that is the masculine form of diva, right?). Don't we have a 4-5 star guy coming in next year already?

yup, Austin Kendall is a 4*

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/11/2015, 03:35 PM

Dude is a very talented QB. He is going to be a good QB the next place he goes. Bring him in and let him compete for the job.

badger
12/11/2015, 03:45 PM
IMO Sumlin panicked and gave up too early on Allen

You guys have that effect on people don't you. Oh he can't beat Bammer so he is not the next Johnny so let's keep searching for the next Johnny who will beat Bammer

Eielson
12/11/2015, 06:46 PM
early 90's U thug like iglesias (was) Sumlin's last year.

What?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/11/2015, 08:58 PM
we talked about it in post 31 of this thread. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?162026-Deeper-Dive-into-the-Defensive-Complaints&highlight=malcolm

Interesting contrast to this year on defense.

Sabanball
12/12/2015, 12:05 AM
You guys have that effect on people don't you. Oh he can't beat Bammer so he is not the next Johnny so let's keep searching for the next Johnny who will beat Bammer

It has nothing to do with us. The problem is that coaching staff. Other than year 1 in the sec when he had Johnny Football, I've been completely underwhelmed with Kevin Sumlin's ability to manage and develop players. This year Sumlin has mismanaged that whole team--especially the O--and has never regained the momentum he had 3 years ago. There's talk that Speedy Noil may transfer as well, and maybe even Kyler Murray. CKS will start next season squarely on the hot seat and unless he wins minimum 10 games and gets into a New Year's Day bowl in 2016 I think next year will be his last in College Station and they probably won't have to go very far to get his replacement( Tom Herman @Houston).

Okie35
12/12/2015, 04:11 AM
I think he would be a good get for you guys. IMO Sumlin panicked and gave up too early on Allen.

John Lopez at CBS Houston is reporting that both OU and Cal are under serious consideration as transfer options.

I agree. I like Allen, sumlin did give up. He'd be a good addition. Sure we have Austin K coming in but nothing like a little QB comp

Okie35
12/12/2015, 04:13 AM
It has nothing to do with us. The problem is that coaching staff. Other than year 1 in the sec when he had Johnny Football, I've been completely underwhelmed with Kevin Sumlin's ability to manage and develop players. This year Sumlin has mismanaged that whole team--especially the O--and has never regained the momentum he had 3 years ago. There's talk that Speedy Noil may transfer as well, and maybe even Kyler Murray. CKS will start next season squarely on the hot seat and unless he wins minimum 10 games and gets into a New Year's Day bowl in 2016 I think next year will be his last in College Station and they probably won't have to go very far to get his replacement( Tom Herman @Houston).

I heard sumlin want to go to the league so he doesn't really care too much about A&M

Sabanball
12/12/2015, 09:36 AM
I heard sumlin want to go to the league so he doesn't really care too much about A&M

That wouldn't surprise me at all, but do you really think an NFL franchise would hire him as a HC right now? I don't.

dennis580
12/12/2015, 01:03 PM
I watched him last year, and he thought he was the second Manzel. OU does not need a QB that shows the $ sign when he scores!!

You can never have too many good QBs. If he wants to come here I am Stoops will welcome him with open arms.

delhalew
12/12/2015, 02:33 PM
If he is a locker room problem then we don't need him.

delhalew
12/12/2015, 02:34 PM
It's pretty obvious our success this year is a product primarily of the cohesion of this team. That is something we have been lacking for far too long. It only takes one or two prima donnas to turn everything to ****.

azheat4u
12/12/2015, 03:42 PM
If he does decide on OU he will already have a favorite receiver as he and Mark Andrews teamed up at Desert Mountain High in AZ.

hawaii 5-0
12/12/2015, 04:01 PM
I imagine a lot of schools in need come to mind.

I don't think OU needs him but I didn't think we needed Mayfield either.

Let the best player start is what my grandpappy always said.

5-0

Soonerjeepman
12/12/2015, 04:51 PM
It's pretty obvious our success this year is a product primarily of the cohesion of this team. That is something we have been lacking for far too long. It only takes one or two prima donnas to turn everything to ****.

pretty sure a year of waiting he'd "see the light" as to how to act. If not, I'm sure some of the guys, Perine, Mixon to name 2 would def show him the year after...(if Perine stays)

Okie35
12/14/2015, 06:39 PM
That wouldn't surprise me at all, but do you really think an NFL franchise would hire him as a HC right now? I don't.

I think he just wants to be in the league not only for a HC job. Just a foot in the door.

Okie35
12/16/2015, 04:47 PM
Two words--Kyler Murray.

Kyler Murray is now transferring too :topsy_turvy: ...Sumlin has to be telling these kids he's leaving .. Something is definitely going on

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25416314/texas-ams-qb-problem-kyler-murray-also-reportedly-intends-to-transfer

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimMWeber/status/677236358633684992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

badger
12/16/2015, 10:08 PM
I lurked at texags and it appears that kyler might have been overrated not just as all sec recruits tend to be, but also as an aggie legacy. Daddy Kevin was an ag hall of famer.

I don't buy that aggie has another Craig James on their hands, but it is entirely possible that kyler, after going 42-0 in high school, might have his head spun on the talent gap between hs and college.

I'm sure our coaches will make good decisions on transfers... Just don't expect scholarships to magically appear once you arrive on campus ;)

SoonerMarkVA
12/16/2015, 10:14 PM

Oh. So he's like everyone else.

aurorasooner
12/17/2015, 05:45 PM
Looks like the Swagcopter has officially crashed into the dumpster and caused a fire.

Kyler Murray's decision to transfer from Texas A&M is 'final,' reports say
December 17, 2015 4:58pm EST

The freshman quarterback reportedly said that his decision is "final" and that he would transfer out of Texas A&M.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4688341-kyler-murray-requests-transfer-from-texas-am-report-says

Just wonder how accurate these type of press reports are since they all try and pull a 70/30 and be 1st to report a story. Not that I have any luv for Aggy, I just miss them because they were so freakin' fun to fark.

SoonerMarkVA
12/17/2015, 05:55 PM
So where does Murray go? Follow his heart to whorn?

aurorasooner
12/17/2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah we should've stomped the chite out of those guys the last 3 years and sent them to recruiting/transfer oblivion. Still burns my azz the way we've played in this rivalry game the last several years.

As BM has shown, it just takes a really good (and healthy) player at QB to turn a whole team around. Now if S Cumbie would've accepted their OC job, I'd really be worried. The Tulsa OC, not so much. However that HS OC under Blake could've whipped us imo the way we played in Dallas the last several years.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4688306-baker-mayfield-sporting-news-player-of-year-oklahoma-quarterback-college-football-playoff

Okie35
12/17/2015, 09:56 PM
I lurked at texags and it appears that kyler might have been overrated not just as all sec recruits tend to be, but also as an aggie legacy. Daddy Kevin was an ag hall of famer.

I don't buy that aggie has another Craig James on their hands, but it is entirely possible that kyler, after going 42-0 in high school, might have his head spun on the talent gap between hs and college.

I'm sure our coaches will make good decisions on transfers... Just don't expect scholarships to magically appear once you arrive on campus ;)

My friend who is an A&M fan is mad both are leaving. He doesn't think Allen was overrated they just didn't have a run game to back him.

dennis580
12/17/2015, 10:02 PM
WOW Kyler Murray is now transferring from A&M. Thats the guy we need to get. Somebody else can have Allen we need Murray

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14390558/quarterback-kyler-murray-transferring-texas-aggies

Widescreen
12/18/2015, 12:29 AM
WOW Kyler Murray is now transferring from A&M. Thats the guy we need to get. Somebody else can have Allen we need Murray

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14390558/quarterback-kyler-murray-transferring-texas-aggies

Disagree. Murray is not a D-1 player. He's simply too small. I know there are exceptions to every rule but I don't think he's the exception.

BoulderSooner79
12/18/2015, 01:53 AM

I disagree too. Murray depends too much on his legs and I agree with the old Stoops who said if you having a running QB, you better have several of them. Mayfield runs about the right amount if he would protect himself better.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/18/2015, 08:59 AM
Yeah we should've stomped the chite out of those guys the last 3 years and sent them to recruiting/transfer oblivion. Still burns my azz the way we've played in this rivalry game the last several years.

As BM has shown, it just takes a really good (and healthy) player at QB to turn a whole team around. Now if S Cumbie would've accepted their OC job, I'd really be worried. The Tulsa OC, not so much. However that HS OC under Blake could've whipped us imo the way we played in Dallas the last several years.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4688306-baker-mayfield-sporting-news-player-of-year-oklahoma-quarterback-college-football-playoff

Personally, I think they did us a favor by becoming "dominant" in recruiting. When Texas started adopting the spread state wide, the evaluations of these kids started to suck. I'm not saying there aren't really good 5*s in the mix (Luck/stafford/ect) but for the most part these guys just do not produce on the field.

badger
12/18/2015, 11:06 AM
My friend who is an A&M fan is mad both are leaving. He doesn't think Allen was overrated they just didn't have a run game to back him
Well, we sent them TWO highly regarded running back recruits in Brandon Williams and Keith Ford so it's not our fault ;)

As an agricultural school, they should know not to count their chickens before their hatched! Kenny Trill left, Kyle Allen left, Kyler Murphy left so now... hey look their star WR is out of the bowl now too (https://www.google.com/search?q=texas+A%26M+quarterback+for+bowl+game&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=texas+A%26M+quarterback+for+bowl+game&tbm=nws)

What a cluster. Couldn't happen to a crazier fanbase :rcmad:

Sabanball
12/18/2015, 12:31 PM
Kyler Murray's dad and Sumlin are at the center of all this. One has a serious entitlement mentality problem and the other is totally inept at managing a roster, specifically qbs.

milesl
12/19/2015, 09:52 AM
I hear he is going to Houston
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwij48qrlujJAhXMPiYKHRufB0AQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmydeathspace.com%2Fvb%2Fshowthrea d.php%3F29402-Death-of-Lennon-Lacy-(17)-ruled-suicide-mother-says-he-was-lynched&psig=AFQjCNFscoecYZzYdVIBK0UdW4eMqoH8NQ&ust=1450623056009350

Sooner Eclipse
12/19/2015, 01:23 PM
http://cdn.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/27/Screen-Shot-2015-10-27-at-11.03.03-AM.jpg?969e4a

Murray is too small. Do not want at QB. Great running ability. Average and fairly inaccurate arm. Would make a great Q Griffin type player, but his ego won't allow it.

Soonerjeepman
12/19/2015, 03:30 PM
no offense, but he looks like he's a midget, big head but short arms...just saying. How tall is he?

cherokeebrewer
12/19/2015, 05:03 PM
How tall is he?

According to aggie fans now, he's 5'2"