PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to comment on Obamacare eating 2.5 million jobs?

TheHumanAlphabet
12/10/2015, 01:58 PM
Haven't seen a thread on it yet... Love how all the libs said this wouldn't happen when all the cons said it would... Who was proven right. Who has proven effective to govern, not the Progressives and Libs... Bigger Liars than the Dem Lite, err Repub party...

Serenity Now
12/10/2015, 03:24 PM
linky? I googled "2.5 million lost jobs under Obama". The links were almost 2 years old and debunked as erroneous. You should forward it to Jim "Wrong Way" Inhofe. See commentary by Devin Nunes:
The overwhelming majority of his constituent mail is now about the far-out ideas, and only a small portion is “based on something that is mostly true.” He added, “It’s dramatically changed politics and politicians, and what they’re doing.”

dwarthog
12/10/2015, 03:55 PM
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/262360-cbo-projects-2-million-fewer-jobs-under-obamacare

East Coast Bias
12/10/2015, 07:52 PM
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/262360-cbo-projects-2-million-fewer-jobs-under-obamacare

Has anyone bothered to read this? The CBO clearly states outcomes are uncertain. The lost jobs are people retiring early, extended unemployment scenarios. This affects the worker participation numbers and is not employers firing people or eliminating jobs.This thread is clearly hyperbolic.
I would be interested to know if anyone is going to comment on the big stories represented by the California shootings, the Trump proposal and the Christian wacko that shot up planned parent-hood? Bengazi and ACA projections??

Serenity Now
12/10/2015, 07:56 PM
Has anyone bothered to read this? The CBO clearly states outcomes are uncertain. The lost jobs are people retiring early, extended unemployment scenarios. This affects the worker participation numbers and is not employers firing people or eliminating jobs.This thread is clearly hyperbolic.
I would be interested to know if anyone is going to comment on the big stories represented by the California shootings, the Trump proposal and the Christian wacko that shot up planned parent-hood? Bengazi and ACA projections??
Dude, don't f with the narrative. I loved th "don't tread on me" flag.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/11/2015, 09:47 AM
I'll play...

Obamacare will banckrupt the nation, we will go the way of the UK with this, nationalized health care, huge taxes, imported doctors, reduce work opportunities for Americans, strikes by healthcare doctors/providers, military brought in to run hospitals (like in UK).

California shootings: Fanatical Muhammadists bent on doing the deed and killing anyone non-muhammadists. As I understand, they broke the law by modifying the guns they had to fire automatically along with other modifications.
Trump proposal: Spot on. Muhammadists want to convert all or kill them. That is in the koran/quran.
Bengahzi: We have a murderess former SecState walking the streets and not charged. Her actions directly led to the murder of 4 people. How in the hell is she running for President rather than fighting to keep herself out of jail?
ACA: see above...

FaninAma
12/11/2015, 10:17 AM
The early retiree argument has been debunked over and over again. The fact of the matter is that seniors are actually staying in the workforce longer and in higher numbers than in the past because they cannot afford to retire. The drop in the labor force participation rate has largely been due to millenials not working. And the only thing you need to know about the "PP shooter" is that he never entered the clinic or went after PP staff/providers or patients. The guy is just a nut job and a pot head. He frequented pro-cannabis websites often.

If you want to get into the details of the Obama economy I will be happy to provide you with some eye-opening information that will show what is truly responsible for this weak, pathetic "recovery".

TAFBSooner
12/11/2015, 10:30 AM
I'll play...

Obamacare will banckrupt the nation, we will go the way of the UK with this, nationalized health care, huge taxes, imported doctors, reduce work opportunities for Americans, strikes by healthcare doctors/providers, military brought in to run hospitals (like in UK).

California shootings: Fanatical Muhammadists bent on doing the deed and killing anyone non-muhammadists. As I understand, they broke the law by modifying the guns they had to fire automatically along with other modifications.
Trump proposal: Spot on. Muhammadists want to convert all or kill them. That is in the koran/quran.
Bengahzi: We have a murderess former SecState walking the streets and not charged. Her actions directly led to the murder of 4 people. How in the hell is she running for President rather than fighting to keep herself out of jail?
ACA: see above...

Sure, throw Hillary in jail, for failing to act to save four people. No skin off my back.

Not to defend Hillary, but to defend the old-fashioned concept that words matter, I don't believe "failure to act" has anything to do with "murder."

Where's the outrage against Bush? His failure to act led to the loss of around 3,000 people. His actions after that led to the loss of over 4,000 troops in theater, not to mention the suicides and murders committed by returning troops with PTSD. But he's a Republican, so he's safe here.

FaninAma
12/11/2015, 10:56 AM
Sure, throw Hillary in jail, for failing to act to save four people. No skin off my back.

Not to defend Hillary, but to defend the old-fashioned concept that words matter, I don't believe "failure to act" has anything to do with "murder."

Where's the outrage against Bush? His failure to act led to the loss of around 3,000 people. His actions after that led to the loss of over 4,000 troops in theater, not to mention the suicides and murders committed by returning troops with PTSD. But he's a Republican, so he's safe here.
I would shed no tears if Bush and Cheney were both thrown in jail. All political leaders that violate their Constitutional oaths of office should be thrown into jail.

FaninAma
12/11/2015, 11:00 AM
Debt accumulation has been 2 1/2 times greater since 2008 than the 9 years before the 2008 recession. The global economy is now in the mid to late stages of the debt accumulation death spiral. It is not possible to create new debt in the amounts necessary to service and sustain current debt. Obama's recovery has been built on the back of unsustainable debt.

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogdec15/SQ-fragile12-15.html?fullweb=1

But enabling more debt does not reverse supply-demand imbalances or create income out of thin air. As a result, piling on more debt is not a solution; it's simply a politically expedient method to forestall the crisis, while guaranteeing the eventual repricing will be even more severe because the debt load is now so much larger.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/11/2015, 11:54 AM
TAFBSooner, Hillary had DOD forces spinning up and ready to roll to do something prior to the mortar attacks. She did nothing and failed to give approval, then tried to blame some video, rather than terrorists. That IMO goes beyond failure to do somthing to akin to murder as SHE could have ordered something be done, rather than those poor souls beg for help and know they were left out to die on their own.

Bush: while I do not like him now and question som eof his motvies/lack of plans, i.e. anyone could have seen the power vacuum taking out Saddam would cause and that the region will never be ready for Democracy. I do not fault him for the bad intelligence that lead to the war. Ultimately, some WMDs were found, though not to the extent we were led to believe. Failure of the intelligense and from multiple countries does give Bush somewhat of a pass as he acted on information in good faith to our knowledge today. Hillary, not at all.

East Coast Bias
12/11/2015, 02:35 PM
The early retiree argument has been debunked over and over again. The fact of the matter is that seniors are actually staying in the workforce longer and in higher numbers than in the past because they cannot afford to retire. The drop in the labor force participation rate has largely been due to millenials not working. And the only thing you need to know about the "PP shooter" is that he never entered the clinic or went after PP staff/providers or patients. The guy is just a nut job and a pot head. He frequented pro-cannabis websites often.

If you want to get into the details of the Obama economy I will be happy to provide you with some eye-opening information that will show what is truly responsible for this weak, pathetic "recovery".

Again, I would direct you to read the article linked above. I respect your intellect and your take on this, specifically what is mentioned in the article. All of what is described is clearly noted as speculative. They reference retired folks getting out of the work-force as they are only working to pay for health benefits. That may or may not be the case?

My frustration with the board is the fact that there is a national debate in progress around the Trump proposal, and the various recent shootings ,yet no threads here on any of that? Yet Bengazi can be discussed ad-nauseum and the ACA numbers gets called out for lack of discussion? I suspect there is a lot of people here that support Trump's proposal but don't really want to go on the record. Anyway that is the extent of my rant and I do appreciate the folks that did respond.

champions77
12/11/2015, 04:47 PM
I would think that if the American public was more aware of what Radical Islam is doing around the world, and the depths of their hate and contempt for anyone not Muslim, and what ends they will go to kill those disbelievers, those infidels, that curtailing or limiting the passage to the US of those most likely to cause us harm, might be more widely received.

Ask someone from England or France today if knowing what they know today, that they would wish their governments would have taken a different path on immigration of those from Muslim dominated countries? I think I know what most would say.

Also, I think as we go forward, that the propaganda that has been forced upon us that Islam is a "Religion of Peace" will be seen as one of the biggest lies ever perpetuated upon a civilization. Passages in the Quran that demand murder are many. Any readings of Mohammed reveal that he murdered hundreds during his time on earth. A Religion of Peace? I have not read the Quran, just parts. But I will.

hawaii 5-0
12/12/2015, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I saw both Muhammed Ali and Kareem Abdul Jabar both on TV the other day preaching that all non-believers should have their heads cut off.

I retired early and now have to pay my own way as I make too much in dividends to qualify for Obamacare, FWIW.

5-0

East Coast Bias
12/12/2015, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I saw both Muhammed Ali and Kareem Abdul Jabar both on TV the other day preaching that all non-believers should have their heads cut off.

I retired early and now have to pay my own way as I make too much in dividends to qualify for Obamacare, FWIW.

5-0

Good for you on the early retirement. I retired early as well a few months ago. My wife still works but the company insurance is aweful, similar to coverage you see with ACA plans. I am 63, just need to hang on for a couple of years to qualify for medicare. I think the trend is for companies to go to these high deductible, poor coverage policies in an attempt to keep their costs down. The Pubs are quick to point to the rising health care costs and try to put it all on Obamacare. At best all it can do is slow the cost increase at this point, I believe cost increases would have been more significant under the old system. The good news for me is that I am relatively healthy, although I have had 3 heart attacks. I hope your health is good and retirement feels pretty good, right?

hawaii 5-0
12/13/2015, 12:28 AM
It's like every day is Saturday. I love it. Never bored. Starting to grow orchids. I've had some but they never bloomed. Now I've got a few bloomers, maybe by accident or in spite of my efforts to kill them. My kin were farmers and it's in my blood. Critters keep getting after my veggies. but I've got pineapples, bananas and lemons growing as well as a papaya. The coconut tree is near the sidewalk where school kids walk so I have to keep it trimmed. I've also got an orange and grapefruit tree but they haven't set fruit yet.

I doubt the Obamacare folks never counted in so many businesses scaling down to part-time to evade having to pay health coverage.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
12/13/2015, 01:17 AM
I doubt the Obamacare folks never counted in so many businesses scaling down to part-time to evade having to pay health coverage.

5-0

I bet they didn't either. That's just how ****'n stupid they are.

East Coast Bias
12/13/2015, 07:36 AM
It's like every day is Saturday. I love it. Never bored. Starting to grow orchids. I've had some but they never bloomed. Now I've got a few bloomers, maybe by accident or in spite of my efforts to kill them. My kin were farmers and it's in my blood. Critters keep getting after my veggies. but I've got pineapples, bananas and lemons growing as well as a papaya. The coconut tree is near the sidewalk where school kids walk so I have to keep it trimmed. I've also got an orange and grapefruit tree but they haven't set fruit yet.

5-0

I am still adjusting to retirement,also moved to Georgia which has been a transition as well. I got so bored I took a part time job merchandising magazines. 10-12 hours a week. Its not about the money but gives me some structure.
I think there are some contributing factors at work on the healthcare issues as well. The Hospitals are buying up medical practices across many fields.Not sure how that affects the market, but doesn't seem like a positive. For us old guys its all about staying healthy and out of the system...

Tear Down This Wall
12/14/2015, 10:37 AM
I bet they didn't either. That's just how ****'n stupid they are.

When you live in Academic Theory World, you tend to discount reality. Get used to it because Hillary is next, and she's just as clueless about the real world as Obama.

dwarthog
12/15/2015, 09:17 AM

This is a bit disingenuous.

All of the CBO's numbers are predicated on the data they are provided as well as on other factors.

This was true when they implemented this monstrosity and the CBO was provided a sack full of BS numbers to score how great this POS was for everyone.