PDA

View Full Version : Heupel to Mizzou

swardboy
12/10/2015, 10:01 AM
It appears this is pretty far down the road to happening:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/blogs/behind_the_stripes/reports-odom-to-hire-josh-heupel-as-missouri-s-new/article_04a18dd2-9e01-11e5-9491-1b6f5e29c780.html

Man, that place needs a QB badly. Maybe Josh can pull some talent there. How do you think he'll fare in the S-E-C.

delhalew
12/10/2015, 12:24 PM
He'll be better than in the Big 12.

SoonerMarkVA
12/10/2015, 12:42 PM
The bigger question is, how will he fare recruiting a great QB?

ouduckhunter
12/10/2015, 12:44 PM
Good for Josh! I hope he does well there.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/10/2015, 12:48 PM

Honestly, he is better at recruiting good receivers that just happen to be able to throw...

DrZaius
12/10/2015, 12:59 PM
This is great for Josh!

TheHumanAlphabet
12/10/2015, 01:51 PM
Good for Josh! I hope he does well there.

Not so sure about that... While I want Josh all the success in the world, Mizzou is a damaged place and IMO not sure if this is a good move at this time.

winout
12/10/2015, 02:51 PM

Success is more about the Jimmies and Joes than the X's and O's.

swardboy
12/17/2015, 04:26 PM
Finally official:

Former Oklahoma quarterback and Heisman runner-up Josh Heupel (http://247sports.com/Coach/Josh-Heupel-173) has been hired as Missouri's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Tigers head coach Barry Odom announced on Thursday.
Heupel, who holds the same titles at Utah State this season, will join Missouri's staff after coaching the Aggies in their bowl game.

A consensus All-American for the Sooners in 2000, Heupel led Oklahoma to a national championship victory over Florida State in the Orange Bowl. He also won the AP Player of the Year and Walter Camp Award that season.
"I'm really pleased to have someone the caliber of Josh Heupel join our staff," Odom said in a press release. "I've known him for a long time and have always respected him highly, as a player, a coach, a recruiter and a coordinator. I've been impressed by the offenses that he runs, they're very difficult to defend, and his achievements speak for themselves.
"He's a high-character person who has the type of leadership abilities that will be outstanding for our program, and he's exactly what we're looking for."
Heupel inherits a unit that finished last in the SEC in total yards and scoring offense, numbers that led to Josh Henson's exit.

badger
12/17/2015, 05:06 PM
I am kind of amazed at how short memories are in the world of coaching. Fired coaches, assistants or heads, are immediately picked up elsewhere and within a year or two, are right back at Power 5s as assistants or even in discussions for mid-major/power 5 head coaching jobs.

At least in Josh's case, he was fired without the baggage of others. He did not crash a motorcycle with his mistress and lie to university administrators about it. He did not send a national championship team crashing down a mere two seasons later with an addiction to synthetic marijuana.

The big thing for Josh at Mizzou is... keep the players strike-free. Then coast in the easy SEC East :P