PDA

View Full Version : Troll post of the day

Serenity Now
12/9/2015, 09:46 AM
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/12/14/a-house-divided

The idea had little currency inside the House, but it found an eager audience among activists and conservative media outlets. Nunes, who is the chairman of the House Committee on Intelligence, told me that the biggest change he’s seen since he arrived in Congress, in 2002, is the rise of online media outlets and for-profit groups that spread what he views as bad, sometimes false information, which House members then feel obliged to address. The change has transformed Nunes from one of the most conservative members of Congress to one of the biggest critics of the Freedom Caucus and its tactics.

“I used to spend ninety per cent of my constituent response time on people who call, e-mail, or send a letter, such as, ‘I really like this bill, H.R. 123,’ and they really believe in it because they heard about it through one of the groups that they belong to, but their view was based on actual legislation,” Nunes said. “Ten per cent were about ‘Chemtrails from airplanes are poisoning me’ to every other conspiracy theory that’s out there. And that has essentially flipped on its head.” The overwhelming majority of his constituent mail is now about the far-out ideas, and only a small portion is “based on something that is mostly true.” He added, “It’s dramatically changed politics and politicians, and what they’re doing.”

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2015/12/devin-nunes-explains-why-hes-less-conservative-he-used-be

This is kind of playing out with Trump seemingly not being able to say anything to hurt his numbers. Just off the top of my head, he dogged McCain because he was a POW. Then there's my favorite quote: "There's nobody better at the military than me". He mocked the reporter who has a physical disability. He implied that Megan Kelly had blood coming out of...other places. He was a carnival barker 4 years ago with his Obama birth certificate issue. Remember "I've got people on the ground in Hawaii and you're going to be amazed at what they're finding". [I've never heard what they found and no one is getting it out of him]

Now, he's read the tea leaves and he's embraced two hot button items - illegal immigrants and Muslims. The second including idiocy such as "I don't know who the Muslim sports heros are"...smash cut to 4 different photo ops of him posing with Cascious Clay, Lew Alcinder, Shaquille O'Neal and Mike Tyson. Forget that we've got Muslims in the military putting their lives on the line right now. Backlashes like his are exactly what those lunatics are looking for so they can marginalize more people.

FaninAma
12/9/2015, 03:40 PM
Translation: I freaking hate the fact that the establishment political parties and the establishment mainstream media can no longer control the dialogue regarding the issues in this country.

I think the Congressman is engaging in hyperbole and trying to smear all of those who don't swallow the establishment swill with the trumped up label of being conspiracy theorists.

WEAK.

Like the system worked so well before we ended up $17 trillion in debt at the beginning of Obama's 2nd term. The establishment SOP way of running things is what is bankrupting this country and eroding our civil liberties.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/9/2015, 03:46 PM
SN, I am so fed up with the parties, I AM voting for anyone not associated with politics. The fact that the RNC and DNC are so worried and looking to scuttle Trump means to me they are scared he could win. I am so fed up with the lying liars, I may never vote for a party candidate again. If I vote for a party candidate it will likely to be to scuttle someone.

Serenity Now
12/9/2015, 04:02 PM
SN, I am so fed up with the parties, I AM voting for anyone not associated with politics. The fact that the RNC and DNC are so worried and looking to scuttle Trump means to me they are scared he could win. I am so fed up with the lying liars, I may never vote for a party candidate again. If I vote for a party candidate it will likely to be to scuttle someone.

That's kind of how I explain to my wife how Trump still fails to fall. I say enough people look at it as a negative commentary about the "establishment" than anything positive about Trump. You're going to truly hate circa November 2016.

okie52
12/14/2015, 04:37 PM
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/12/14/a-house-divided

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2015/12/devin-nunes-explains-why-hes-less-conservative-he-used-be

This is kind of playing out with Trump seemingly not being able to say anything to hurt his numbers. Just off the top of my head, he dogged McCain because he was a POW. Then there's my favorite quote: "There's nobody better at the military than me". He mocked the reporter who has a physical disability. He implied that Megan Kelly had blood coming out of...other places. He was a carnival barker 4 years ago with his Obama birth certificate issue. Remember "I've got people on the ground in Hawaii and you're going to be amazed at what they're finding". [I've never heard what they found and no one is getting it out of him]

Now, he's read the tea leaves and he's embraced two hot button items - illegal immigrants and Muslims. The second including idiocy such as "I don't know who the Muslim sports heros are"...smash cut to 4 different photo ops of him posing with Cascious Clay, Lew Alcinder, Shaquille O'Neal and Mike Tyson. Forget that we've got Muslims in the military putting their lives on the line right now. Backlashes like his are exactly what those lunatics are looking for so they can marginalize more people.

Trump's opening campaign remarks about illegal immigrants six months is what set the stage for his meteoric rise to the top of the GOP field and that issue has continued to keep him on top and remain somewhat invulnerable to his other bombastic statements.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Serenity Now
12/14/2015, 10:28 PM
Trump's opening campaign remarks about illegal immigrants six months is what set the stage for his meteoric rise to the top of the GOP field and that issue has continued to keep him on top and remain somewhat invulnerable to his other bombastic statements.

It's really not that hard to understand.
Because that birth certificate thing fell through in 2011. It's pure pandering.

okie52
12/21/2015, 12:53 PM

You say that as though that's something new to politics. Virtually every candidate does it and watch hillary's flip flops just to "pander" to her base. In some cases it has candidates even groveling...see jeb, rubio, mccain, graham, hillary, etc...downright embarrassing.

Turd_Ferguson
12/21/2015, 04:16 PM

Yeah, and who started it in 2008?

Skysooner
12/21/2015, 06:09 PM
Yeah, and who started it in 2008?

HRC. I am supporting Trump, because he is not part of the establishment. The government has proved that it can't govern and that goes for both parties. I am convinced that we are 1 major terrorist incident away from another Patriot Act taking away our liberties once again or marital law. Does it worry people how much is known about us these days? If I ever thought of committing a crime, I don't anymore. Chances are there is a camera or internet spying around me.

Serenity Now
12/21/2015, 07:14 PM
You say that as though that's something new to politics. Virtually every candidate does it and watch hillary's flip flops just to "pander" to her base. In some cases it has candidates even groveling...see jeb, rubio, mccain, graham, hillary, etc...downright embarrassing.

He blows by those questions about 2011 so fast it's really funny to watch. "I've got people on the ground in Hawaii and you won't believe what they are finding there...".

Serenity Now
12/21/2015, 07:32 PM
HRC. I am supporting Trump, because he is not part of the establishment. The government has proved that it can't govern and that goes for both parties. I am convinced that we are 1 major terrorist incident away from another Patriot Act taking away our liberties once again or marital law. Does it worry people how much is known about us these days? If I ever thought of committing a crime, I don't anymore. Chances are there is a camera or internet spying around me.

My wife is confounded by why rational, reasonable people would support Trump. I explained that it's people like you. You're not supporting Trump as much as you're NOT supporting the rest of the folks. I get that part of it. I think a coordinated stance like Sic'em's (supporting the Libertarian?) might be healthier for the country but that's just one liberal's opinion. I don't know what the long term impact of main stream support for Trump is. I respect the % of the support that's like yours. It's not much difference than the support of Perot in my mind. I supported H. Ross.

Then there's these guys. http://time.com/4144411/donald-trump-white-supremacists/ Big tent. :)

Skysooner
12/21/2015, 10:35 PM
My wife is confounded by why rational, reasonable people would support Trump. I explained that it's people like you. You're not supporting Trump as much as you're NOT supporting the rest of the folks. I get that part of it. I think a coordinated stance like Sic'em's (supporting the Libertarian?) might be healthier for the country but that's just one liberal's opinion. I don't know what the long term impact of main stream support for Trump is. I respect the % of the support that's like yours. It's not much difference than the support of Perot in my mind. I supported H. Ross.

Then there's these guys. http://time.com/4144411/donald-trump-white-supremacists/ Big tent. :)

That's exactly right, and I was a Perot supporter as well back in the day.

okie52
12/23/2015, 01:06 PM
He blows by those questions about 2011 so fast it's really funny to watch. "I've got people on the ground in Hawaii and you won't believe what they are finding there...".

Is that like battle tested hillary's corkscrew landing in Bosnia under sniper fire?

okie52
12/23/2015, 01:12 PM

The best thing about Trump (to me) is how he changed the whole debate on immigration and his disdain for PC. I knew it would cause many pubs to shift to the right on amnesty and virtually all of the establishment candidates with the possible exception of rubio are doing poorly. And, thankfully, Cruz and Trump have been blasting rubio's amnesty betrayal which will make it hard for rubio to ever be the nominee.

It's also looking like Cruz will be there if Trump falls.