jdg
12/7/2015, 06:31 PM
Finalist revealed:
Derrick Henry Alabama.
Christian McCaffrey Stanford.
Deshaun Watson Clemson.

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2015, 06:39 PM
Awards should be given after everything is over.

cvsooner
12/7/2015, 06:46 PM
"I'm here to git mah boy's trophy back" is all I can say.

BB37
12/7/2015, 06:46 PM
Unfortunate, but not a big surprise. Sitting and studying for finals instead of playing probably cost him an invite.

tycat947
12/7/2015, 06:47 PM
Really a shame but hope he keeps that chip on his shoulder to show everyone how wrong they are!

swardboy
12/7/2015, 06:47 PM
Tuck fexas.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/7/2015, 06:53 PM

Perfect

jdg
12/7/2015, 06:57 PM
Zach Sanchez on twitter: They jus woke up an even bigger monster inside 6 ... 😈

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/7/2015, 06:59 PM
It's pretty ****ty. He wasn't going to win,but to not even get an invite, and only invite three.

I hope BM stomps a hole in Watson, and whoops bama's *** in the NCG.

Screw everyone else! Keep the tour rolling, play with that chip on your shoulder, and kick ***!

jdg
12/7/2015, 07:01 PM
http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Bolt/Mayfield-snubbed-in-Heisman-Trophy-voting-41834183

Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield was one of the biggest differences in the Sooners’ success this season, leading the team to an 11-1 record, the Big 12 Championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff.

But that apparently wasn’t good enough for Heisman Trophy voters, who didn’t pick Mayfield as a finalist for the award, which goes to the top player in college football. Instead, Alabama’s Derrick Henry, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson and Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey will head to New York.

Mayfield completed 68.6 percent of his passes for 3,389 yards and 35 touchdowns to five interceptions, the second-best touchdown-to-interception ratio in the country. And Pro Football Focus, which grades players on a play-by-play basis as coaches and scouts do, rated Mayfield as the top quarterback in the country this season.

Even more importantly, Mayfield turned a position of inconsistency for the Sooners into a massive strength and was at his best when Oklahoma’s back was against the wall.

Oklahoma wouldn’t have made the College Football Playoff without Mayfield. Without him, the Sooners wouldn’t have been close. And because of that, a Heisman ceremony without Mayfield isn’t close to right.

Okie35
12/7/2015, 07:15 PM
He will be a front runner next year. It's no big deal would've been good for him to go but f the distraction. Now there's an even bigger chip there.

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/7/2015, 07:25 PM
I bet if you were to ask him, baker would take the NC over the heisman.
**** stiff arm trophy, he will win it next year. Meanwhile, I hope he uses this as motivation to bring home the trophy that really matters!

#8. Baby!

cvsooner
12/7/2015, 07:42 PM
Yeah, a NC trophy would look better than a Heisman this year. Next year he can get the Heisman too.

That said, honestly, though his performance was/is amazing, I have to say that overall, with everything, the guy who impressed me the most was Christian McCaffrey. [ducks]

Most all purpose yards in history. One of only three guys to do over 3,000 yards in college football history. Absolutely amazing.

Mookie91
12/7/2015, 07:45 PM
Thank god, Baker is cocky enough needs a bit of humility

BetterSoonerThanLater
12/7/2015, 08:29 PM
don't confuse cocky with confident. he definitely has a chip on his shoulder, but He single handedly has helped bring the swagger back to this team. Besides... he's walked on to Two different FBS schools. no one else can say that. I'd say he deserves to be a little cocky. he walked in, walked on, and kicked ***. he's backed up his attitude, the players respect him, and I have never seen him be disrespectful.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/7/2015, 08:51 PM
Motivation....

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2015, 09:12 PM
don't confuse cocky with confident. he definitely has a chip on his shoulder, but He single handedly has helped bring the swagger back to this team. Besides... he's walked on to Two different FBS schools. no one else can say that. I'd say he deserves to be a little cocky. he walked in, walked on, and kicked ***. he's backed up his attitude, the players respect him, and I have never seen him be disrespectful.

yup

Mookie91
12/7/2015, 09:19 PM

Cocky leads to mistakes

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2015, 09:22 PM
wow dude...seriously?

you think OU would even be close to playoffs without him? He's transformed this team. I don't think he's cocky at all...he's confident in his abilities and his teammates.

man, lighten up and enjoy the ride. I for one didn't think OU would be in this spot...hell yeah!

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2015, 09:25 PM

Senior linebacker Torrance Marshall was named the game’s MVP with six tackles and a clutch interception in the first quarter. But his most memorable moment of the night came before the opening kickoff.

When team captains met for the pregame coin toss, Marshall told Weinke, “I’m here to get my boy’s (Heupel’s) Heisman Trophy back.”

Marshall wasn’t actually able to steal the Heisman from Weinke, but he did help Heupel earn another trophy. It was one much more important to the Heupel, now the Sooners’ offensive coordinator, and OU’s program as a whole.

Before Bob Stoops arrived in 1999, the Sooners had just completed a third consecutive losing season. But here, two years later, OU sat atop college football for the first time since 1985.

Mookie91
12/7/2015, 09:29 PM
wow dude...seriously?

you think OU would even be close to playoffs without him? He's transformed this team. I don't think he's cocky at all...he's confident in his abilities and his teammates.

man, lighten up and enjoy the ride. I for one didn't think OU would be in this spot...hell yeah!

Absolutely enjoying this but chances at a National Championship don't come very often and Baker will be a HUGE part of the equation. I still remember 2005 when OU had all the swagger in the world, Heisman Trophy winner Jason White and went out got punched in the mouth and then promptly embarrassed on National TV.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2015, 09:38 PM
Absolutely enjoying this but chances at a National Championship don't come very often and Baker will be a HUGE part of the equation. I still remember 2005 when OU had all the swagger in the world, Heisman Trophy winner Jason White and went out got punched in the mouth and then promptly embarrassed on National TV.

USC was favored and the better team - had nothing to do with swagger. USC also had the current Heisman trophy that year.

Mookie91
12/7/2015, 09:42 PM
USC was favored and the better team - had nothing to do with swagger. USC also had the current Heisman trophy that year.

The line was USC -1. OU had Peterson and a roster littered with NFL guys, c'mon it was only 10 years ago.

pac10SUX
12/7/2015, 10:19 PM
Poking the bear while pouring gas on the fire. Go get #8.

hawaii 5-0
12/7/2015, 10:27 PM
If Baker can use getting snubbed as a little extra motivation I'm all for it.

BTW, this Orange Bowl will be in Striker's "backyard". Maybe it will give him just that little bit extra to take off more than a coupla heads and impress the "home crowd".

5-0

SoonerMarkVA
12/7/2015, 10:38 PM
Complete. Utter. BS. There is no excuse for not getting an invite.

Since when do they only invite 3?

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2015, 10:47 PM
The line was USC -1. OU had Peterson and a roster littered with NFL guys, c'mon it was only 10 years ago.

Our defense had been exposed by OSU and aTm and Stoops had to pull a redshirt off Marcus Walker in desperation. My prediction was USC by 13 *if* we played well. I knew we had no prayer to cover their receivers. It was match-ups and nothing to do with swagger or lack thereof.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2015, 10:51 PM
Complete. Utter. BS. There is no excuse for not getting an invite.

Since when do they only invite 3?

I think that is pretty common. I don't think they have any rule on how many to invite. I was more surprised they didn't invite Keenan Reynolds than leaving out Mayfield. Every media type I saw the last few weeks begged the Heisman committee to invite Reynolds.

Mookie91
12/7/2015, 11:11 PM
Our defense had been exposed by OSU and aTm and Stoops had to pull a redshirt off Marcus Walker in desperation. My prediction was USC by 13 *if* we played well. I knew we had no prayer to cover their receivers. It was match-ups and nothing to do with swagger or lack thereof.

That team had 3 NFL DBs, this team has zero

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2015, 11:19 PM
That team had 3 NFL DBs, this team has zero

And? I'm talking about the '04 team falling to a superior opponent. You were the one somehow trying to relate this year's team to one from the past. The '04 USC team had lots of NFL talent too and was better than any team in this year's playoff.

Mookie91
12/7/2015, 11:33 PM
And? I'm talking about the '04 team falling to a superior opponent. You were the one somehow trying to relate this year's team to one from the past. The '04 USC team had lots of NFL talent too and was better than any team in this year's playoff.

Clemson torched these DBs last year.

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2015, 12:22 AM
Clemson torched these DBs last year.

Now you've totally lost me. All I'm saying is there is nothing common about the '15 Sooners and the '04 Sooner or the respective opponent(s) they are about to face. But you are free to fabricate it if you would like.

swardboy
12/8/2015, 08:08 AM
While I would like to have seen Baker represent at NYC, I suspect the committee knew he would be a huge favorite going into next year, so they're keeping their powder dry so to speak.

Whatever, I DO hope Baker wins it next year for his sake. A Heisman is a life-changing event. Even a stoner like Ricky Williams is still considered for respectful jobs because of it. I can't imagine what "predator" is going to do with it, but it WILL make a difference in the quality of his life beyond football. There's nothing like having "Heisman trophy winner" going along with your name.

SoonerMarkVA
12/8/2015, 08:43 AM
While I would like to have seen Baker represent at NYC, I suspect the committee knew he would be a huge favorite going into next year, so they're keeping their powder dry so to speak.

That's fine with me, but where was that reserve for JFF's freshman year? Baker had every bit the impressive, dazzling year that JFF had, and his story is about as compelling as it gets with the walking on twice angle.

Even though he deserved it, I didn't think he'd win it. But not getting invited is just utter BS.

Jacie
12/8/2015, 08:49 AM
Maybe they have already received all the ballots, tallied them up and the there was enough of a divide between the top 3 and the rest to justify only inviting them.

swardboy
12/8/2015, 09:10 AM
That's fine with me, but where was that reserve for JFF's freshman year? Baker had every bit the impressive, dazzling year that JFF had, and his story is about as compelling as it gets with the walking on twice angle.

Even though he deserved it, I didn't think he'd win it. But not getting invited is just utter BS.

Totally agree. Maybe the committee looks back and thinks "wow, did we ever screw up." lol.

SoonerMarkVA
12/8/2015, 09:23 AM
Totally agree. Maybe the committee looks back and thinks "wow, did we ever screw up." lol.

Ha! True, but you're giving them more credit than they deserve, me thinks :distrust:

oupride
12/8/2015, 09:36 AM
Motivation....
ditto

BigTip
12/8/2015, 09:45 AM
Another Big 12 snub. Whatever.

Fuel for the fire baby, fuel for the fire.

Pride1Mom
12/8/2015, 10:27 AM
Zach Sanchez on twitter: They jus woke up an even bigger monster inside 6 ... ��

I remember Torrance Marshall telling the FSU team that they were going to get that award back for Heupel! Love the attitude!!

Mazeppa
12/8/2015, 10:10 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25405659/mayfield-fournette-lead-four-heisman-trophy-finalist-snubs

Mookie91
12/8/2015, 10:20 PM
Now you've totally lost me. All I'm saying is there is nothing common about the '15 Sooners and the '04 Sooner or the respective opponent(s) they are about to face. But you are free to fabricate it if you would like.

I hope you are correct.

Okie35
12/9/2015, 09:37 PM
Baker is on the Sedona show on ESPN radio right now

They're talking about Halo right now it's pretty funny

He said he was upset that he didn't at least get invited to the Heisman ceremony

soonercastor
12/10/2015, 02:28 PM
What committee are you talking about? He wasn't invited because he did not get enough votes. Votes are private.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/10/2015, 03:42 PM
What committee are you talking about? He wasn't invited because he did not get enough votes. Votes are private.

Not only private but I'm guessing some sent in their ballots several weeks ago. You can pretty much count any ballet that has Fournette in the top 3 as someone who sent the ballot in early.

For Baker's sake it is disappointing. For Oklahoma it is probably going to work out very well.

delhalew
12/10/2015, 09:39 PM
I'm more pissed about it than I originally thought. Baker has a Heisman moment every time he puts on a helmet.

nighttrain12
12/12/2015, 09:28 PM
At least he finished (a distant) 4th and got 34 first place votes.

SoonerMarkVA
12/12/2015, 10:43 PM
That's a sad statement to the attention the voters were paying for Baker to be that far back. Pretty blown away by that spread, but I have to admit now it makes sense why he wasn't invited, that far behind the other 3.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2015, 10:46 PM
Not bad for a walk-on transfer.

SoonerMarkVA
12/12/2015, 11:09 PM
Whatever his beginnings, he was much better this year than that.