PDA

View Full Version : Welp, it's started.....

rock on sooner
12/6/2015, 02:26 PM
Just saw on ESPN, FPI projects OU has 63% chance to defeat Clemson.....

BermudaSooner
12/6/2015, 02:42 PM
Which would suggest the committee has no idea what they are doing.

rock on sooner
12/6/2015, 02:51 PM
Also, the FPI projects OU to win the NC at 39%, Bama at 33%,
Clemson at 17% and MSU at 11%.....Vegas has OU opening at
2.5 point favorite.....

Soonerjeepman
12/6/2015, 04:03 PM
on top of that, the committee chair said that several members wanted OU #1. That there is very little to differentiate the 4. Honestly I do think we got the raw deal...but we're in. Win and move on!~

*just noticed on espn, their top 10 games...or whatever..but iowa and msu had several "last second" games in which they won..we had 1.

Jacie
12/6/2015, 06:32 PM
It appears to me they paired up the teams with the same style of play for the first round.

Thus the final will feature a team that plays a high-scoring spread offense versus a low scoring run-oriented team.

swardboy
12/6/2015, 07:04 PM
It's time to vindicate our style of play/ the "Big 12" style of play. WE CAN PLAY DEFENSE, and we can wear your a$$ out trying to keep up with our offense.

Soonerjeepman
12/6/2015, 07:39 PM
It's time to vindicate our style of play/ the "Big 12" style of play. WE CAN PLAY DEFENSE, and we can wear your a$$ out trying to keep up with our offense.

yup

SoonerMarkVA
12/6/2015, 08:24 PM
If we carry on like we have since whorn, we'll win it. However, one aspect of that run is we had no off weeks. Hard to say if that helped them keep an edge. Have to hope the time off doesn't let rust set in.

Okie35
12/6/2015, 08:32 PM
If we carry on like we have since whorn, we'll win it. However, one aspect of that run is we had no off weeks. Hard to say if that helped them keep an edge. Have to hope the time off doesn't let rust set in.

Applies to every team w/ rust but one thing in our favor is that we can run it. If BM is rusty we can fall on the run game. Clemson doesn't run the ball well (against good teams) outside of Watson pulling it. All I know is we better defend the deep middle and screens because they will take advantage of our aggressiveness. They'll probably run a lot of zone reads too.