PDA

View Full Version : Leftists Having To Admit That ACA Sucks

Tear Down This Wall
12/3/2015, 01:20 PM
HuffPo rarely allows "writers"/contributors to publish pieces that makes sense when it comes to things Leftists love. Here is one about the health care problems...that were predicted six years ago when the "debate" about it was ongoing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-geyman/the-continued-degradation_b_8709474.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp000005 92

Of course, in basically admitting defeat, the Leftist piece still thinks part of the problem is not enough government intervention in some parts.

Stupid.

While I laud them for this semi-lucid piece, it still avoids the obvious when it comes to any type of insurance: NO insurance program or system can be success without proper underwriting.

The ACA took away underwriting from the insurers. Predictably, claims have begun to rise at a staggering rate and pace, causing insurers to back out and "co-ops" and state exchanges to fold.

The author, of course, spoils for 100% publicly funded health care, trying the sell the point that it could somehow control the cost and make coverage better. He's an idiot.

As if the government ignoring underwriting would have any different result than preventing private insurers from underwriting. You want to see the government in the insurance business? Look no further than the flood insurance program.

Leftist are Buttholes. Occasionally lucid buttholes; but, buttholes, nonetheless.

olevetonahill
12/3/2015, 02:29 PM
When this 1st passed My Son was all for it. He now Cusses oBoomy with the rest of us. His onsurnace for a family of 4 IF i remember what he said correctly went from a 1000 a month to almost 2500. Plus higher deductibles.

FaninAma
12/3/2015, 02:51 PM
To control costs the government will have to institute rationing.

Serenity Now
12/3/2015, 03:12 PM
Because many states didn't cooperate it's not had a chance. In my experience in rural Oklahoma, people are getting healthcare. I pointed it out to my plumber who's wife cuts hair. Their adult kids (a young teacher and hair stylist) said that this is the first time their mom and dad have ever had insurance. The way I look at it they're protected from going bankrupt or into SERIOUS debt related to health care expenses more than they're "covered". They both work and they work cattle on the side. They're the working poor.

I don't get how the ACA impacts premiums so drastically for traditional plans. That's just insurance companies raping and pillaging. Hillcrest laid off 100-150 employees a year ago and blamed the ACA. The real culprit was the fact that our state didn't participate in the Medicaid expansion.

Tear Down This Wall
12/3/2015, 05:01 PM
Because many states didn't cooperate it's not had a chance. In my experience in rural Oklahoma, people are getting healthcare. I pointed it out to my plumber who's wife cuts hair. Their adult kids (a young teacher and hair stylist) said that this is the first time their mom and dad have ever had insurance. The way I look at it they're protected from going bankrupt or into SERIOUS debt related to health care expenses more than they're "covered". They both work and they work cattle on the side. They're the working poor.

I don't get how the ACA impacts premiums so drastically for traditional plans. That's just insurance companies raping and pillaging. Hillcrest laid off 100-150 employees a year ago and blamed the ACA. The real culprit was the fact that our state didn't participate in the Medicaid expansion.

Baloney. The culprit is expecting for find the unicorn of low premiums while taking on all comers. It isn't possible from an actuarial standpoint; and, it never will be.

Leftist simply have enough of a majority in the major cities of enough states to take advantage of the electoral college. So, they can lie to the ignorant masses of the jealous poor about how they'll punish "the rich" and "oil companies" and "insurers" to everyone's gain.

It's complete and utter bullsh*t. It will someday turn the country into a larger version of Venezuela and Cuba - poverty for all, except politicians and their friends, and the poor never catching on that they re-elect and re-elect and re-elect the people that keep their in their holes, even digging it deeper for them.

SoonerinSECland
12/7/2015, 12:10 PM

In a way, you are correct: some people in rural Oklahoma are getting healthcare. What people need to realize is that it's not about having healthcare, it's having healthcare that is practical. Let me give you an actual example... My mom and dad live in Western Oklahoma in a small town. Dad retired from owning a small lawn care business and is on Medicare. Mom had insurance through a program called "InsureOk" and paid approximately $250/mo with a $1000 deductible. - she's a couple years away from Medicare and is on Social Security. After the ACA came into play, the state was forced by the federal govt to do away with InsureOk and mom had to go to the exchange for insurance options. The best option for her was now a $375/mo policy with a $6,000 deductible. So now instead of having insurance, they just pay the fine on their taxes. In addition, she gets calls from "Advisors" from the ACA threatening more and more fines, using scare tactics to try and push her to sign up for a plan that is worthless aside from a major catastrophe. Yet some people see this as good because she has access to insurance. Makes no damn sense to me.

Serenity Now
12/7/2015, 12:29 PM
In a way, you are correct: some people in rural Oklahoma are getting healthcare. What people need to realize is that it's not about having healthcare, it's having healthcare that is practical. Let me give you an actual example... My mom and dad live in Western Oklahoma in a small town. Dad retired from owning a small lawn care business and is on Medicare. Mom had insurance through a program called "InsureOk" and paid approximately $250/mo with a $1000 deductible. - she's a couple years away from Medicare and is on Social Security. After the ACA came into play, the state was forced by the federal govt to do away with InsureOk and mom had to go to the exchange for insurance options. The best option for her was now a $375/mo policy with a $6,000 deductible. So now instead of having insurance, they just pay the fine on their taxes. In addition, she gets calls from "Advisors" from the ACA threatening more and more fines, using scare tactics to try and push her to sign up for a plan that is worthless aside from a major catastrophe. Yet some people see this as good because she has access to insurance. Makes no damn sense to me.

I think the plans are worthwhile for primary care and preventative care. The bronze and silver are not great when it comes to hospitalizations. However, the plan is to encourage good prevention and primary care to try to keep people from being hospitalized. I loved Insure Oklahoma. It was a great plan. It started in 2004 under Brad Henry. It looks like it was extended. http://newsok.com/article/5432909

SoonerinSECland
12/7/2015, 12:44 PM
I think the plans are worthwhile for primary care and preventative care. The bronze and silver are not great when it comes to hospitalizations. However, the plan is to encourage good prevention and primary care to try to keep people from being hospitalized. I loved Insure Oklahoma. It was a great plan. It started in 2004 under Brad Henry. It looks like it was extended. http://newsok.com/article/5432909

They did extend it; however the restrictions that were put on the income/assets made it almost impossible for a 2-person household with any income (pretty much only Social Security) to afford. It's now geared primarily for larger, single income provider (or no income provider) families.

My question is on the first part of your post. If the cheapest she can get increased the monthly cost as well as the deductible 6x, how's that good for preventative care and primary care? All deductible must be met prior to the plan paying out anything.

REDREX
12/7/2015, 03:45 PM

I don't get how the ACA impacts premiums so drastically for traditional plans. That's just insurance companies raping and pillaging. Hillcrest laid off 100-150 employees a year ago and blamed the ACA. The real culprit was the fact that our state didn't participate in the Medicaid expansion.----Once again the party line----Why don't you try and find a few facts out for yourself

Turd_Ferguson
12/7/2015, 04:19 PM
----Once again the party line----Why don't you try and find a few facts out for yourself

The only fact SN has found, is how wide Obama's taint is.

Tear Down This Wall
12/7/2015, 04:57 PM

This was part of Obama's "If you like your plan, you can keep it" promise.

Serenity Now
12/7/2015, 09:35 PM
You're right. It's not perfect. I had gold plans in my head.

I think a universal payer would have been better. But that's probably a bridge too far.

REDREX
12/7/2015, 09:49 PM
single payer would be even a bigger disaster

TheHumanAlphabet
12/8/2015, 09:34 AM
It's complete and utter bullsh*t. It will someday turn the country into a larger version of Venezuela and Cuba - poverty for all, except politicians and their friends, and the poor never catching on that they re-elect and re-elect and re-elect the people that keep their in their holes, even digging it deeper for them.

I have been saying this for years! The left and left light want to become a ruling class. It is time to overthrow the bums in Washington. They know how we need to be governed, unfortunately most of the electorate is Idiocracy stupid and have no clue to what this country was founded on and no clue on how to run their own lives. So we end up with stupid plan like ACA, insurance companies paid by FEDGOV to cover their loses the politicians KNEW would ensue due to the pool of people. We are doomed, esp. with the likes of people in University today.

Serenity Now
12/8/2015, 09:50 AM
I have been saying this for years! The left and left light want to become a ruling class. It is time to overthrow the bums in Washington. They know how we need to be governed, unfortunately most of the electorate is Idiocracy stupid and have no clue to what this country was founded on and no clue on how to run their own lives. So we end up with stupid plan like ACA, insurance companies paid by FEDGOV to cover their loses the politicians KNEW would ensue due to the pool of people. We are doomed, esp. with the likes of people in University today.

And then there's this guy: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/12/07/donald-trumps-post-fact-presidential-campaign-is-working/

"Post fact". Catchy.

REDREX
12/8/2015, 09:53 AM
Barack ran for President as a serial LIAR-----What's the difference