PDA

View Full Version : BU vs. Texas

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2015, 12:15 AM
I'm looking that the CFB schedule for Saturday with all those CCGs and the Baylor/Texas game sure looks like an out of place turd. I know the big12 wanted a presence on this weekend, but did they really think this match-up would be relevant after the horn's season last year?

I'll still enjoy watching the horns rack up loss #8

hornswaggled
12/3/2015, 01:12 AM
Tears fall among cheers
UT must find its solace
bears dwell in waco

haiku

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2015, 07:26 AM
whorn picks mascot well
gelded lazy hapless beast
complacency reigns

BigTip
12/3/2015, 08:36 AM
so sad no bevo
reindeer humper volunteers
whorns and aggies cheer

swardboy
12/3/2015, 08:37 AM
Only in *** town
Can a weak team be called Strong
Bear will rape Bevo

BermudaSooner
12/3/2015, 11:24 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Texas may have a chance in this game?

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2015, 11:33 AM

It would probably get them to a bowl - I see they are looking for 5 win teams to fill some spots. Talk about an insulting invite :D

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2015, 11:48 AM

Worst. Haiku. Evah.

BermudaSooner
12/3/2015, 11:55 AM
Worst. Haiku. Evah.

Am I the only one
that thinks the ugly burnt orange team
Can beat the Waco cheats?

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2015, 11:59 AM
Am I the only one
that thinks the ugly burnt orange team
Can beat the Waco cheats?

The funny thing was, the original post had the correct syllable count :)

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2015, 12:19 PM
Horns beat Baylor U
Invited to Toilet Bowl
Fans bow heads in shame

Widescreen
12/3/2015, 01:06 PM
Horns suck suck suck suck
They really suck suck suck suck
Suck is what they are

Jacie
12/3/2015, 01:23 PM
Baylor picked to win
Sugar Bowl berth on the line
sa*et by seven

oupride
12/3/2015, 01:29 PM
So, who is playing for 2nd place in the Big 12? Is it Baylor or OSU? And how do you know Baylor is wanted by the Sugar Bowl? Why not TCU for crying out loud?

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2015, 02:04 PM
So, who is playing for 2nd place in the Big 12? Is it Baylor or OSU? And how do you know Baylor is wanted by the Sugar Bowl? Why not TCU for crying out loud?

Assuming Baylor wins this weekend, they have that 3 way tie deal going for 2nd place. I think the conference would recommend the team that gets the highest committee ranking (used to be BCS ranking). The Sugar Bowl may have some say too. Personally, I think Baylor is the best team even with the 3rd string QB - the weather allowed TCU to win their game.

BermudaSooner
12/3/2015, 05:53 PM
Assuming Baylor wins this weekend, they have that 3 way tie deal going for 2nd place. I think the conference would recommend the team that gets the highest committee ranking (used to be BCS ranking). The Sugar Bowl may have some say too. Personally, I think Baylor is the best team even with the 3rd string QB - the weather allowed TCU to win their game.

I dont see the committee putting Baylor ahead of TCU. I think TCU represents the conference in the Sugar.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2015, 06:35 PM
I dont see the committee putting Baylor ahead of TCU. I think TCU represents the conference in the Sugar.

Probably, since TCU is ranked higher now. I don't see a Baylor win over the horns moving them. That downpour that BU/TCU played in took away the deep ball (actually, most the passing game) and Baylor's success is extremely dependent on throwing long. And they still managed OT on the road against TCU with a 3rd string QB. But hey, life's tough.

delhalew
12/3/2015, 08:12 PM
The committee has decided to severly punish anyone who doesn't even pretend to try to have a decent non conference schedule.
So Baylor=sh!t list.

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2015, 09:12 PM
The committee has decided to severly punish anyone who doesn't even pretend to try to have a decent non conference schedule.
So Baylor=sh!t list.

Actually, if they do that consistently, I will applaud that. That may be the best impact that the "committee" has on college football.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2015, 09:28 PM
Actually, if they do that consistently, I will applaud that. That may be the best impact that the "committee" has on college football.

They are doing that to North Carolina right now. If NC beats Clemson, it will be interesting to see what they do.

Soonerfan88
12/3/2015, 09:46 PM
Horns suck suck suck suck
They really suck suck suck suck
Suck is what they are

Best. Haiku. Ever.

BigTip
12/4/2015, 07:01 AM
So Baylor=sh!t list.

Sure ain't hurting Alabama this year. It's hard to imagine a worse OOC schedule than they had. And they've had one loss too. WHY are they ranked so high?!

I know we are sort of in the same boat as they are as far as perceptions go. It really doesn't matter who we, or 'bama, plays, as long as we don't lose we will be at the top of the polls. And the Houstons of the world can be undefeated and have a hard time cracking the top 10. It shouldn't be that way.

SoonerMarkVA
12/4/2015, 08:57 AM
Sure ain't hurting Alabama this year. It's hard to imagine a worse OOC schedule than they had. And they've had one loss too. WHY are they ranked so high?!

I know we are sort of in the same boat as they are as far as perceptions go. It really doesn't matter who we, or 'bama, plays, as long as we don't lose we will be at the top of the polls. And the Houstons of the world can be undefeated and have a hard time cracking the top 10. It shouldn't be that way.

I assume they're getting credit for scheduling Wisconsin, even though they turned out to be not so great. It's hard to project how good a given OOC team will be from when it's scheduled.

The lesson for Baylor, KSU, and others who feast exclusively on creampuffs is, schedule games with P5 teams. Especially for XII, without a CCG.

And again, I think I'll wait to pass judgement on whether the "committee" applies this particular punishment consistently.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2015, 11:38 AM
All the SOS formulas have Bama at number 1 SOS. You can argue with the formulas, but that's what the committee has to work with.

Yes, Bama gets credit for Wisky, just like TCU got credit for Minnesota last year. Had TCU won the conference, I believe they would have gotten in over tOSU although we'll never know for sure. The committee is clearly saying to schedule a P5 team OOC and it doesn't have to be a great team. Baylor refuses and lost out on the CFP last year because of it and is likely to lose out on the Sugar bowl this year because of it too. OU always has a decent P5 team on the schedule.

BigTip
12/4/2015, 12:14 PM
e. The committee is clearly saying to schedule a P5 team OOC and it doesn't have to be a great team.

So I see Vanderbilt, Colorado, Rutgers, Purdue, and such, becoming much more attractive to teams to play.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2015, 12:19 PM
So I see Vanderbilt, Colorado, Rutgers, Purdue, and such, becoming much more attractive to teams to play.

Bingo! I'm sure some of the stronger non-P5 teams would count too, such as BYU (just ask the horns)

cvsooner
12/4/2015, 01:21 PM
Bingo! I'm sure some of the stronger non-P5 teams would count too, such as BYU (just ask the horns)

Or us in 2009. Ouch.