PDA

View Full Version : CFP This Week - #3 OU vs #2 Alabama in the Cotton Bowl

Judge Smails
12/1/2015, 08:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14268637/college-football-playoff-predictions-clemson-tigers-iowa-hawkeyes-alabama-crimson-tide-oklahoma-sooners-semifinals

I hope this holds. I like the matchup and especially like the location!

rock on sooner
12/1/2015, 09:00 PM
Yup, be nice to play in OUr back yard for once!!

Jack T.
12/1/2015, 09:02 PM
Wait. . .you mean we could play a bowl game that WASN'T within spitting distance of the opponent's home stadium (or, in more than a few cases, IN the opponent's home stadium)?

Okie35
12/1/2015, 09:52 PM
If Kirby Smart is indeed going to Georgia it'll be a bigger beat down w/o him coaching Bama's defense

Story just broke

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/kirby-smart-will-be-named-georgias-new-football-coach

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2015, 10:04 PM
I'd say if Iowa wins out, they'll jump OU and get to #3..heck maybe #2, pushing bama to to 3 but that would b a reach... us to 4

I will add, we've beat 4 top 25 CFP teams
#12 on the road
#17 on the road
#25 on the road

bama, won by an avg of about 16 points against the D1 schools...played 3 patsies..2 and 1 against top 25 CFP teams
iowa won by an avg of about 9 points against the D1 schools...beat unt bad but the rest were close ..1-0 against top 25 CFP
clemson...wow..appilachian state? and wofford? they blew out miami but again avg winning margin, 14...2-0 against top CFP teams (#8 and #9)

these are just glance avg...

Not saying it'll be a walk in the park, but I feel OU definitely belongs..even without a conf champ game. So even if these 3 teams win out OU still has a better record against top 25 CFP teams.

add some more...
we are 1 of 5 (I believe) P5 schools to have all 3 of our non conf teams qualify for a bowl (have over 6 wins).
we will have at 8 (9 if ksu beats wv sat in manhattan) out of 12 opponents qualify for bowls (at 6 wins not the bs 5 they are talking about)

Okie35
12/1/2015, 10:19 PM
I'd say if Iowa wins out, they'll jump OU and get to #3..heck maybe #2, pushing bama to to 3 but that would b a reach... us to 4

Yea Iowa will be at 2 if they win and maybe even MSU if they destroy Iowa ... We're a lock but who knows where with 3 or 4

BigTip
12/1/2015, 11:08 PM
Lots of football left to play this weekend. The odds probably say that it will NOT remain in the order it is now.

ourichie
12/4/2015, 12:29 AM
Wait. . .you mean we could play a bowl game that WASN'T within spitting distance of the opponent's home stadium (or, in more than a few cases, IN the opponent's home stadium)?

Dont bet on it. What are the odds that say MSU beats Iowa by 30 and jumps to 3 leave us to go to Miami.

that would not surprise me one bit

yermom
12/4/2015, 12:41 AM
if us beating a team not in the top 5 gets us to #3, what should beating Iowa do for MSU after they already beat #7 as well?

i think chaos needs to happen for us to not end up at #4

BigTip
12/4/2015, 06:55 AM
if us beating a team not in the top 5 gets us to #3, what should beating Iowa do for MSU after they already beat #7 as well?

i think chaos needs to happen for us to not end up at #4

Normally I would think that, based on the recent anti-Big 12 history of the world.
But in this strange alternate universe that we seem to now be living, in where Sooner love is so rampant, I don't think so. I don't think that there has to be upsets for us to possibly move up even.