PDA

View Full Version : We're f*cked. 7 out of 8 foxsports analysts says the Sooners are going to win it all.

milesl
12/1/2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/bowl-projections-2015-week-14-alabama-oklahoma-clemson-michigan-state-playoff-120115

Click on the link. I haven't figured out how to get the video address.
The name of the story is:Bowl projections: No playoff but Buckeye fans still win with Fiesta matchup vs. Irish.
But it is the video you want to watch.

Analysts on the OU Bandwagon:
Rob Stone
Dave Wannstedt
Bruce Feldman
Jason Whitlock
Matt Leinert
Brady Quinn
Stewart Mandel

Lone holdout for Alabama:
Clay Travis

SoonerMarkVA
12/1/2015, 01:35 PM
Gah. Well, maybe the committee will give Stoops something to focus on and put us #4. Although, personally, I'd like #3 as playing in Dallas would be a big advantage for us.

Edit: OK, just watched. Was pretty surreal to see that kind of nearly unanimous opinion. And they gave Travis a pretty hard time about his pick. People are on the "We Believe" bandwagon for Stoops freaking hard right now.

olevetonahill
12/1/2015, 01:46 PM
My 35 to 1 Bet loves it. LOL

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2015, 01:54 PM
Same shat I remember seeing before the '03 CCG against KSU. DOOMED !

VA Sooner
12/1/2015, 02:18 PM
Doomed for sure!!! :topsy_turvy:

Okie35
12/1/2015, 02:21 PM
Haha I was going to make this thread after the show on Sunday.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2015, 02:28 PM
Haha I was going to make this thread after the show on Sunday.

Just bump this one. ;)

I know as a fan I'm projecting, but I just hate it when OU is the popular flavor of the day. I'm sure it has zero impact on what happens on the field, but it always "feels" better when we're the underdog. Personally, I don't see any real dominant team out there and all 4 teams in the CFP will be solid, but beatable. It will come down to specific match-ups and how the coaches game plan around them.

rock on sooner
12/1/2015, 02:41 PM
Just bump this one. ;)

I know as a fan I'm projecting, but I just hate it when OU is the popular flavor of the day. I'm sure it has zero impact on what happens on the field, but it always "feels" better when we're the underdog. Personally, I don't see any real dominant team out there and all 4 teams in the CFP will be solid, but beatable. It will come down to specific match-ups and how the coaches game plan around them.

Not everybody thinks we're it, the so called "experts" on ESPN is saying
that we might not even get in the playoffs. Reason, no conference champ
game......

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2015, 02:52 PM
game......

That's soooo 2014, not going to happen this year. As discussed many times before, the lack of CCG is a double edged sword. Last year is was the bad edge for Baylor; this year it is the good edge for OU.

It appears to be neutral for the big10 with the CCG winner getting in. For the ACC and SEC, it's just a chance for their favorite to lose (or get a star player hurt like we did in '08). Stanford's chances are only 2% according to Nate anyway, but even that chance is in danger with a rematch against a dangerous USC team. I like OUr situation this year with the players resting and the coaches recruiting while the other guys are sweating it out.

rock on sooner
12/1/2015, 04:20 PM
No argument from me, BS79...just pointing out a dissenting opinion from
Fox's. This year, as outright conference champs, the 2014 argument is moot.
Resting, getting healthier and tuning up for whoever is next makes for a good
chance for #8, imo!!!

yermom
12/1/2015, 04:31 PM
Leinart had to get his nudge in there about that game that never happened...

It is spooky to hear that many people say that. At least if we play Clemson, those wounds from last year are fresh

Bama has found a way to lose to us three times under Stoops. I'm thinking they might be out of them.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2015, 05:08 PM
No argument from me, BS79...just pointing out a dissenting opinion from
Fox's. This year, as outright conference champs, the 2014 argument is moot.
Resting, getting healthier and tuning up for whoever is next makes for a good
chance for #8, imo!!!

The other part of the argument from '14 that doesn't apply is the OOC schedule.
The committee was clearly punishing Baylor for not having a P5 OOC opponent.
We had the Vol game, so no issue there. We'll never know what might have been,
but I think TCU would have gotten in had they won the conference just because
they played Minnesota! So it doesn't have to be a great P5 team.

cvsooner
12/1/2015, 05:19 PM
The other part of the argument from '14 that doesn't apply is the OOC schedule.
The committee was clearly punishing Baylor for not having a P5 OOC opponent.
We had the Vol game, so no issue there. We'll never know what might have been,
but I think TCU would have gotten in had they won the conference just because
they played Minnesota! So it doesn't have to be a great P5 team.

Yeah, and we're one of, what, only two or three teams all of whose OOC opponents are bowl eligible?

BigTip
12/1/2015, 06:20 PM
Oh jeez, we are f*cked.

Sure was fun watching it though.

swardboy
12/1/2015, 06:42 PM
Heck, bring on the swagger. We used to act like we owned the #1 spot...AND WE DID!

aurorasooner
12/1/2015, 08:35 PM
Lone holdout for Alabama:
Clay Travis

Travis is a worse HCBS hater than Hoover. If we played Kansas in the semis, he'd pick the Jayhawks.

I'm already getting tired of all this CFB committee crap and each former player who is now a talking head (or committee member) schilling for their former team/conference affiliation. I heard one hilljack analyst on ESPiN say that the Big 12 FB is a basketball conference and the teams didn't play any defense. He was also saying that the Big 12 should be left out again unless the conference champ is undefeated. I hope Bob, Mike, and the D get a raw cob up their azz pull a helluva D game-plan and an all-world execution effort, and hold whichever team we play under 2 TDs.
Geeez us, it was obvious that he was a Big 12 hater that we could lose our only game to the 85 Chicago Bears and he would drop us out of the top 20. Christ, he was worse than that idiot Mark May.
I'm also getting kind of weary of all this luv that these ESPiN/Fox talking heads are giving us. I think they know that if we're the underdog, getting the old Rodney Dangerfield and not any press love, then we're dangerous.

Until there is at least a 6 team play-off, each Power-5 Champion and 1 independent, I'd just as soon go back to the original BCS formula that had a heavy dose of the non-bias computer polls to choose the 4 teams.

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2015, 09:53 PM
Yeah, and we're one of, what, only two or three teams all of whose OOC opponents are bowl eligible?

I thought it was 5, us, ohio st, mich st and then a couple of other smaller d1 schools

mainline13
12/1/2015, 09:55 PM
Same shat I remember seeing before the '03 CCG against KSU. DOOMED !

I try to remind myself that it's bad luck to be superstitious, but overall, I think we'd do better as an underdog. Doomed? Maybe, maybe not. But I sure hope our guys don't get too full of themselves, if that kind of thing continues.

Okie35
12/1/2015, 10:26 PM
game......

Only one guy actually meant it. Most say we're a lock. I love what the ex Colorado "this is the big 12" coach said about baker... He's playing like he has something to prove he does. Besides TCU due to protocol, he's been banged up in 3 of our toughest games (tenn, Baylor, and ok state) and he's gutted it out, especially the Baylor game his arm was literally dragging at one point.

Okie35
12/1/2015, 10:27 PM
Just bump this one. ;)

I totally agree with the underdog role.. Although it's not often but when we are we usually come out with a chip on our shoulder and something to prove. Clemson would be the only team that has me on edge. Bama, although Coker has been solid down the stretch, isn't mobile... Iowa is run first, and MSU has no consistent run game.

SoonernAR
12/2/2015, 12:26 AM
I don't think all this love is going to effect the mentality of this year's team. That Texas loss has kept this team grounded and focused, they are hungry.

Jacie
12/2/2015, 06:56 AM
At this point, among the teams that are still in it, they are all hungry. Every team has something they can say motivates them, doesn't matter if it is Iowa or Clemson, bama or MSU.

But with a month between now and the next game, I don't think what some washed up players/coaches at Fox say are going to affect anything.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/2/2015, 06:12 PM

Mine too!! ;)

hornswaggled
12/3/2015, 02:00 AM

I sure hope you win this bet. See any deer from your porch? I could come shoot them for ya.

BigTip
12/3/2015, 08:45 AM

It's at 5/2 this morning.

That means you would have to bet $1,400 today to win the same amount a $100 bet made at 35-1 would win.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4a/13/e9/4a13e936c2a8467499efec7b1d13b331.jpg