11/24/2015, 07:21 PM
I thought we'd be in but at 4

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/24/2015, 07:24 PM
Hahah! **** you nooter dumb!

Jack T.
11/24/2015, 07:27 PM
Just win.

That *should* provide plenty of motivation to play well on Saturday.

Indy Sooner
11/24/2015, 07:27 PM
Very strategic positioning by the committee. OU wins, they're in (as it should be). OU loses, ND wins, ND is in. Winner of Iowa and Mich. State gets in (assuming each wins its final regular season game). Well done.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/24/2015, 07:35 PM
On the ESPN playoff show, Kirk showing some love, and being rational, while Joey(?) is hatin' like no other. Love seeing that fool upset!

SoonerDream
11/24/2015, 07:48 PM
It's scary that we are the same # that TCU was when they were jumped. Otherwise, I'm extremely surprised at how high we got! Boomer!

Snrinhouston
11/24/2015, 08:04 PM
It's scary that we are the same # that TCU was when they were jumped. Otherwise, I'm extremely surprised at how high we got! Boomer!

^^^^This. Worries me too. Hopefully history won't repeat itself if we beat OSU.

Jacie
11/24/2015, 08:04 PM
This is huge. As we have seen though, style points matter.

Last week Notre Dame was in but a measly 3-point win over Boston College dropped them to 6th.

With a game against a ranked Stanford the irish could reclaim a spot in the playoffs and it won't be Clemson or bama that get knocked out.

It is not enough to merely win a game, not now, there are too many contenders still in the mix.

Snrinhouston
11/24/2015, 08:08 PM
This is huge. As we have seen though, style points matter.

Last week Notre Dame was in but a measly 3-point win over Boston College dropped them to 6th.

With a game against a ranked Stanford the irish could reclaim a spot in the playoffs and it won't be Clemson or bama that get knocked out.

It is not enough to merely win a game, not now, there are too many contenders still in the mix.

Agree. A Stanford win (which I think will happen) would provide some nice insurance.

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2015, 08:09 PM
So, how can we continue with all the butthurt and conspiracy posts on how the committee is biased and going to screw us?

I know!

Why the f*ck are we only at #3? Bama getting all that ESPiN and SEC! bias. Wah !

and

They are just setting us up to have MSU and ND jump us when they beat Iowa and Stanford! Wah!

:cheerful:

birddog
11/24/2015, 08:14 PM
Nothin better than goin to the sheep whore house with a chance to get #8. Skanky or not, i will have some hookers here on Saturday to pass the time. Love these night games but man, i dont know how to cope with the stress.

My rash still itches from the skanks i rented last week.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/24/2015, 08:25 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/rankings/2015/11/24/college-football-playoff--top-25-clemson-alabama-oklahoma-iowa-michigan-state-notre-dame/76327858/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomcollegefootball-topstories

dennis580
11/24/2015, 09:23 PM

TCU was playing a 2 win Iowa St team to finish the season. We are playing on the road against a 10-1 #11 Oklahoma St team. Totally different scenario.

Anyway before the season I said I didnt care if we went 12-0 or 11-1 as long we made the playoffs I would consider it a successful season.

rock on sooner
11/24/2015, 09:23 PM
Hmmmm, we beat OSU and then what? As a 3, we play 2 (Bama)...a little uneasy
here. Dunno....pretty sure that Iowa doesn't belong at 4...Nebbish might show them
up but either Mich. St or tOSU most certainly would, imo. We beat OSU and we might jump
Bama but won't make any difference...still gotta contend with Henry. Oh Well...Boomer!
Stay healthy and let us ROCK n ROLL, all the way to #8...jus sayin.....

soonercastor
11/24/2015, 09:37 PM
I am cautiously optimistic. They are just so inconsistent that I'm not very confident that it's "win and you're in." We all know what happened to TCU last year in this exact same spot.
Also I don't like that they ranked Stanford two spots ahead of Ok State, that could give them an out.
I'll still be hoping Stanford beats ND.
And of course we have to take care of business!

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2015, 09:42 PM
Fans and their tin hats. Gotta love 'em.

kenth68
11/24/2015, 10:19 PM
The weird thing is they seemed to prefer seeing us struggle and barely win over TCU as opposed to the probably blow-out had Mayfield been able to stay in the game.

Whatever, it's all good. I'm just so happy right now compared to how the season was looking after the Texas debacle. I just hope Riley and Mike Stoops brings their aggressive games, not the conservative ones. These guys seem to really feed off the aggressive game plans.

BigTip
11/24/2015, 10:47 PM
I am shocked.
Pleasantly of course, but shocked none the less.
I am so use to us getting screwed I still can't believe it.

I don't even think we have to win big to stay in.

Fantastic.

BOOMER!

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2015, 11:27 PM
I am shocked.
Pleasantly of course, but shocked none the less.
I am so use to us getting screwed I still can't believe it.

I don't even think we have to win big to stay in.

Fantastic.

BOOMER!

When has OU ever gotten screwed? Serious question. OU wasn't a contender last year and this is only the second year of the committee. 2 of the 4 BCS title games we went to were controversial and we got the nod both times. Maybe there was a case for '07, but it wasn't a strong one. If anything, it has we have gotten more consideration than most other teams.

guido911
11/24/2015, 11:29 PM
When has OU ever gotten screwed? Serious question. OU wasn't a contender last year and this is only the second year of the committee. 2 of the 4 BCS title games we went to were controversial and we got the nod both times. Maybe there was a case for '07, but it wasn't a strong one. If anything, it has we have gotten more consideration than most other teams.

My thought exactly. It seems Stoops has a way of getting the benefit of the doubt in these types of close calls...

Skysooner
11/25/2015, 09:02 AM
If we end up playing Alabama in the semis, I think the game is in Dallas. That should mean an advantage in # of fans.