PDA

View Full Version : Prediction of National Championship

Skysooner
11/24/2015, 12:14 PM
I'm a stats geek, and I admit to loving this website for their great political projections. They also do sports. Interesting results.

OU with a 55% chance of making the playoffs and a 22% chance of winning it all (equal to Alabama).

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-spartans-shift-up-updated-college-football-playoff-predictions-week-12/

Pride1Mom
11/24/2015, 12:46 PM
Root for Stanford to beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame cheated Stanford last year, so Stanford should be really up for it.

rock on sooner
11/24/2015, 09:42 PM
Interesting....they got three of four(in the right order)...just missed on
Mich St...Iowa instead.

VA Sooner
11/24/2015, 09:50 PM
Mich St and Iowa can settle it on the field for the Big 10 championship.

OU needs to take care of business on Saturday and life is good.

Jacie
11/24/2015, 09:57 PM
Last year the outrage was that there could be 2 SEC teams, didn't happen but still, it was one potential outcome.

Now there is a possibility of 2 B1G teams in the playoff and yes, it could happen.

IMO, neither MSU or tOSU deserve to get in at this point and i don't need to explain why.

If Iowa does not make it past Nebraska and any of UM/MSU/tOSU, then Notre Dame is the fourth playoff team.

Soonerjeepman
11/25/2015, 08:39 AM
not sure I see your logic..about 2 big10 teams.
if iowa losses at all, even the Big 10 championship they are out. Obviously if bama or OU losses they are out at well....so I guess you could have iowa at 12-1, msu at 12-1...is that what you are thinking? If UF wins out I'd say they are in vs iowa.

Skysooner
11/25/2015, 09:00 AM
not sure I see your logic..about 2 big10 teams.
if iowa losses at all, even the Big 10 championship they are out. Obviously if bama or OU losses they are out at well....so I guess you could have iowa at 12-1, msu at 12-1...is that what you are thinking? If UF wins out I'd say they are in vs iowa.

Concur. Iowa's wins aren't that impressive. If they lose the B1G championship, they are out. If MSU loses the B1G championship, they are out. Notre Dame plays essentially a team ranked the same as OSU. If OU wins, it is in. Alabama is winning in dominant fashion. However if Alabama loses the SEC championship, they are out. If Clemson loses the ACC championship, they are out. Right now Baylor still has a chance (with lots of help). Everyone else in the top 4 is still in if they win out.