PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma congressman Steve Russell on refugees

Serenity Now
11/22/2015, 01:53 PM
http://bluenationreview.com/gop-rep-steps-up-says-rejecting-refugees-makes-us-like-isis/

Turd_Ferguson
11/22/2015, 04:07 PM
http://bluenationreview.com/gop-rep-steps-up-says-rejecting-refugees-makes-us-like-isis/

**** him.

olevetonahill
11/22/2015, 04:44 PM
He can love em all he wants, Dont ask me to tho !

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 05:21 PM
Steve Russell is the biggest piece of **** in our delegation, and that's something considering the fact that we have Tom Cole. I detest and loathe Steve Russell. When he spoke at the OK GOP Convention, I was very tempted to throw my shoes at him.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 05:22 PM
The only member of our House delegation worth a **** is Bridenstine. On the Senate side, Inhofe is 'meh' and Lankford is a ****head.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2015, 06:32 PM
Steve Russell is the biggest piece of **** in our delegation, and that's something considering the fact that we have Tom Cole. I detest and loathe Steve Russell. When he spoke at the OK GOP Convention, I was very tempted to throw my shoes at him.

Shoe throwing is a traditional Muslim way of expressing disdain. Are you sure you don't have an entry in that new tracking database?

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 06:35 PM
Shoe throwing is a traditional Muslim way of expressing disdain. Are you sure you don't have an entry in that new tracking database?

I know, and I appreciated the symbolism of it given his career.

Turd_Ferguson
11/22/2015, 07:33 PM
Shoe throwing is a traditional Muslim way of expressing disdain.

You shouldn't stereotype.

FaninAma
11/22/2015, 10:31 PM
If Russell is worse than Cole then he must truly be an idiot.

I have the same message to him as I do Obama: you can disagree without being insulting. Support your position with a convincing argument. If you can't coherently do that you have no business being in Congress or in the office of the Presidency.

Tear Down This Wall
11/23/2015, 11:57 AM
He's an idiot. Again...anyone comparing anything to Nazism and Hitler is an idiot. I don't care which party it is.

The Jews who fled Germany in the 1930s did not then become terrorists in - and against - their host countries.

So, freaking stupid. How do these idiots get elected?

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 12:14 PM
He's an idiot. Again...anyone comparing anything to Nazism and Hitler is an idiot. I don't care which party it is.

The Jews who fled Germany in the 1930s did not then become terrorists in - and against - their host countries.

Sheila Jackson Lee Endorses em LOL

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 12:37 PM

Heh. One of the biggest racist there is.

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 01:02 PM
Heh. One of the biggest racist there is.sic

I never noticed, Ton.

okie52
11/23/2015, 01:16 PM

My congressman and I disagree with him. Not so much because of the terrorist threat but because he's telling the American taxpayers to shoulder the load of 10,000 more immigrants. The only reason I would have sympathy to these refugees being supported is that we played a part in creating that area's problems.

Tear Down This Wall
11/23/2015, 01:44 PM

Don't blame the suburbs north of Dallas for what Houston does.

champions77
11/23/2015, 01:58 PM
SO disappointing. Once again, common sense eludes us. You can bet that he won't be a hardliner on enforcing the border either.
Why and how we can go from one Rhino goof to another is beyond me.
Hopefully he'll lose his reelection bid so he can go do something else.

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 03:29 PM
Don't blame the suburbs north of Dallas for what Houston does.

I were being my usual snarkassed self LOL

Tear Down This Wall
11/24/2015, 04:56 PM
I were being my usual snarkassed self LOL

But, you are correct...she's horrible. Houston, for sure, deserves her.

Serenity Now
11/25/2015, 11:02 AM

This guy served in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kosovo, parts unknown, etc. He's a retired Lt. Colonel with 21 years in the Army. Was an Army Ranger. He's earned the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star with Valor Device, and Oak Leaf Cluster. I think he knows more about these issues than you internet tough guys.

From an earlier link:
In February 1942, just two months after the attack on Pearl Harbor, a national poll asked respondents to identify the national, ethnic or religious groups that are a “menace [threat] to this country.” Unsurprisingly, 24 percent identified Japanese-Americans and 18 percent volunteered German-Americans. Jews ranked third, at 15 percent. Three years later, in 1945, the same question yielded more arresting results: 24 percent identified Jews as the most menacing ethnic group in America, ahead of the Japanese (9 percent) and Germans (6 percent).

Fear of Jews—not simply resentment of Jews—flowed from diverse sources. America’s most prominent hate peddler, the clergyman Gerald L.K. Smith, represented the extreme fringe of popular anti-Semitism when he warned of “200,000 Communist Jews at the Mexican border waiting to get into this country. If they are admitted they will rape every woman and child that is left unprotected.”