PDA

View Full Version : gun laws, death penalty and refugees...

Soonerjeepman
11/22/2015, 10:04 AM
Ok,
Liberals/Dems are always spouting off about we need -

more gun laws due to innocent folks being killed...(even though we have enough laws)

to repeal death penalty if ONE innocent person is put to death...(the best judicial system in the country)

but now they are willing to let thousands of refugees in, bringing in the chance that terrorist willing to kill Americans (FBI has said our process will not work)

just interesting...

michael moore offering his house to refugees...cool

dwarthog
11/22/2015, 11:23 AM
I think the liberal elites that are for these refugees should open their arms wide and embrace them in their neighborhoods as well.

Hamptons, Hollywood, etc. Setup some low cost housing etc. so these refugees can get to know their new liege's.

Serenity Now
11/22/2015, 09:17 PM
you guys cling to a "well regulated militia" because it is in the constitution. But, you will suspend your constitutional rights out of fear.

Youre a little right about the cognitive dissonançe of the left. If the cost of executions were cheaper I might be on board. I just wish we could do more background checks for weapons. Hell, the NRA is against limiting firearm purchases to those on the terrorist watch list.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 09:29 PM
you guys cling to a "well regulated militia" because it is in the constitution. But, you will suspend your constitutional rights out of fear.

Youre a little right about the cognitive dissonançe of the left. If the cost of executions were cheaper I might be on board. I just wish we could do more background checks for weapons. Hell, the NRA is against limiting firearm purchases to those on the terrorist watch list.

I've argued the meaning 'well regulated militia' until I'm blue in the face. That term 100% does not mean what you think it means and every single statement by our Founding Fathers is contrary to your interpretation as well as plain old common sense. Because, honestly, the first thing Madison thought when crafting the Bill of Rights was "All of these amendments limit the power and scope of government over the individual, but I'm going to make sure this second one stops people from owning guns without being in a government approved militia even though we just fought and won a Revolution based entirely upon the fact individuals had their own firearms." Yep, seems legit to me.

Serenity Now
11/22/2015, 09:43 PM
I've argued the meaning 'well regulated militia' until I'm blue in the face. That term 100% does not mean what you think it means and every single statement by our Founding Fathers is contrary to your interpretation as well as plain old common sense. Because, honestly, the first thing Madison thought when crafting the Bill of Rights was "All of these amendments limit the power and scope of government over the individual, but I'm going to make sure this second one stops people from owning guns without being in a government approved militia even though we just fought and won a Revolution based entirely upon the fact individuals had their own firearms." Yep, seems legit to me.
I see your point. I think there was also intimation that we were the militia. We are very unregulated. The state militias took on that role in my mind.

Serenity Now
11/22/2015, 09:58 PM
question sic'em. Why is the term well-regulated in there if it has no meaning? Your interpretation ignores those words.

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 12:37 AM
question sic'em. Why is the term well-regulated in there if it has no meaning? Your interpretation ignores those words.

question db. Why are you such a liberal db? Your douchiness has gotten old.

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 12:41 AM
question db. Why are you such a liberal db? Your douchiness has gotten old.
Why don't you put me on ignore? It would be healthier for you.

SicEmBaylor
11/23/2015, 01:08 AM

The term "well regulated" is given a contemporary modern interpretation when it's anything but. The term was used to describe something done "properly" as in "well and proper." In the proper historical context, one might say "Kim Kardashian needs to regulate herself." In other words, she needs properly maintain her actions and conduct. This was the essence of that term.

The expectation by the Founding Fathers was that individuals would, unquestionably, own their own firearms and organize themselves into local community militia groups. The point of the "well regulated" part is to ensure the importance of proper training and maintaining these community militias. In order to achieve that end, individuals had to own their own firearms. The Founding Fathers had absolutely no expectation (and would abhor the suggestion) that the "militia" would constitute official government regulated national guard units. They wouldn't necessarily oppose their existence; they would oppose describing them as the 'militias' found within the 2nd Amendment.

There are a few obvious reasons why this is the case. 1)The Bill of Rights were entirely laid out to protect individual liberty from government encroachment. The idea that the second amendment on that list would be used to regulate gun ownership by the government would have negated the entire purpose of the amendment for reason #2. 2)The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to guard against the tyranny of the government. Gun ownership was considered necessary in order for the citizen, either as an individual or part of a self-organized militia, to ensure his (or now her) own liberty by protecting themselves and their communities from a tyrannical government. The suggestion that Madison intended for the government to regulate the very means by which the individual protected himself from tyranny is so absurd that it demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of Madison, the Constitution, and that entire generation.

I understand the liberal/progressive argument for wanting to amend the 2nd Amendment. I get that. I vehemently disagree, but I understand. I also respect the argument (although, again, I vehemently disagree) that the 2nd Amendment is "out of date." What I don't respect is this historically absurd argument that the 2nd Amendment's language was crafted in such a way as to ensure the government's right to regulate the private ownership of firearms. That's simply bat**** crazy.

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 01:27 AM
The term "well regulated" is given a contemporary modern interpretation when it's anything but. The term was used to describe something done "properly" as in "well and proper." In the proper historical context, one might say "Kim Kardashian needs to regulate herself." In other words, she needs properly maintain her actions and conduct. This was the essence of that term.

The expectation by the Founding Fathers was that individuals would, unquestionably, own their own firearms and organize themselves into local community militia groups. The point of the "well regulated" part is to ensure the importance of proper training and maintaining these community militias. In order to achieve that end, individuals had to own their own firearms. The Founding Fathers had absolutely no expectation (and would abhor the suggestion) that the "militia" would constitute official government regulated national guard units. They wouldn't necessarily oppose their existence; they would oppose describing them as the 'militias' found within the 2nd Amendment.

There are a few obvious reasons why this is the case. 1)The Bill of Rights were entirely laid out to protect individual liberty from government encroachment. The idea that the second amendment on that list would be used to regulate gun ownership by the government would have negated the entire purpose of the amendment for reason #2. 2)The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to guard against the tyranny of the government. Gun ownership was considered necessary in order for the citizen, either as an individual or part of a self-organized militia, to ensure his (or now her) own liberty by protecting themselves and their communities from a tyrannical government. The suggestion that Madison intended for the government to regulate the very means by which the individual protected himself from tyranny is so absurd that it demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of Madison, the Constitution, and that entire generation.

I understand the liberal/progressive argument for wanting to amend the 2nd Amendment. I get that. I vehemently disagree, but I understand. I also respect the argument (although, again, I vehemently disagree) that the 2nd Amendment is "out of date." What I don't respect is this historically absurd argument that the 2nd Amendment's language was crafted in such a way as to ensure the government's right to regulate the private ownership of firearms. That's simply bat**** crazy.
Thanks for the well put response. You're probably right. The issue is that when someone like me says "it would be nice to be able to screen some of these mentally challenged folks from getting access to firearms" or "parents who don't secure their weapons should be held accountable" or "if John Doe sells a gun to someone who he has no idea if he's eligible to buy a gun or not, we might want to think about how to manage that" we're treated with the "from my cold dead hand" mantra as if we're proposing immediate gun registration/confiscation. These are statements that are not "liberal" or even anti gun. I honestly know of no one that I think shouldn't have the weapons that they have. I live in Cherokee County and there are plenty of guns around here. I grew up in a household with 4 loaded guns hidden an known areas and I never fvcked with them.

http://www.people-press.org/2015/08/13/continued-bipartisan-support-for-expanded-background-checks-on-gun-sales/

85% of people want expanded background checks. 79% Republicans. Before some arsehole pipes up about liberal polls realize that you can't have a 29% +/-.

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 10:45 AM
Any of you morons out there actually understand the refugee process or do you just think we open the doors and let them walk right in?

Oh - you don't understand but are willing to make decisions based on your ignorance in the subject. Good to see nothing has changed around here.

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 11:02 AM
Any of you morons out there actually understand the refugee process or do you just think we open the doors and let them walk right in?

Oh - you don't understand but are willing to make decisions based on your ignorance in the subject. Good to see nothing has changed around here.

By definition a Moron cant really understand much can they? so are you calling yourself a moron by asking that question?

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 11:12 AM
By definition a Moron cant really understand much can they? so are you calling yourself a moron by asking that question?

I thought the very fact that any of us post in here and argue uselessly against things we will never change makes us all morons.

dwarthog
11/23/2015, 11:19 AM

I think that whatever the process is, that this admin screws it up and lets in terrorists.

Or alternatively you could say that there really is no way to successfully vet 100% of the refugees from "those" country you let in.

You decide since you are smart.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 11:30 AM
I thought the very fact that any of us post in here and argue uselessly against things we will never change makes us all morons.

See, and I thought that disagreeing agreeably could lead to a broader mind. Sic'em has brought some enlightenment to me on various issues. Others have as well but if I can't name them all I might as well not name any as I'd hate to offend someone like Turd by leaving them out. I don't always agree but I can see the world from their points of view. It adds perspective and context. Typically, that takes place when the terms "moron, "douchbag", "fvckstick", etc. are not utilized. That said, it takes place somewhere between the timeframe of a full moon and a lunar eclipse.

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 11:32 AM

Well done,
Cept I dont much argue I know we cant change much if anything, I usually just poke em with a stick and keep the fires burning LOL

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 11:33 AM
I think that whatever the process is, that this admin screws it up and lets in terrorists.

Or alternatively you could say that there really is no way to successfully vet 100% of the refugees from "those" country you let in.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

From your link: "One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said."

Sucks to be that poor sucker. Hope he got the 72 virgins treatment.

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 11:34 AM
Well done,
Cept I dont much argue I know we cant change much if anything, I usually just poke em with a stick and keep the fires burning LOL

And if I do anything remotely similar to that you give me shat about it. Go figure.

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 11:36 AM
And if I do anything remotely similar to that you give me shat about it. Go figure.

Thats my JOB, Pay Tention ya Moran LOL

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 11:38 AM

I'm smart enough to read and not blindly trust some talking head or politician I saw on the evening news or heard on my talk radio station.

It was 2 not dozens.

Since 2001 - 3 refugees out of almost 1 million have been charged with plotting anything. I believe that is from 2015 (http://www.migrationpolicy.org/) I believe the statistic I read said more cows have killed people than refugees since then. I'd say that's pretty good vetting. The current refugee process takes around 18 months. You can get a visa much easier and in way less time.

Also - just for fun. Governors and State reps have no power deciding whether or not their state can accept refugees. Nor can they stop refugees from crossing state lines and settling in their state.

Tear Down This Wall
11/23/2015, 11:51 AM
I'm not really caring what the refugee process is, or how long it takes, I don't want any more of them over here. They are incapable of coexisting the way other religions do.

In the little town where my sister-in-law is from, in the panhandle of Texas, there is a street with four churches on the corner - a Catholic church, a Methodist church, a church of Christ, and a Baptist church. Somehow, they've managed for over 100 year to live peacefully without raping, beheading, car bombing, child bombing, etc. each other because each has a little bit different view of how to interpret the Bible.

Muslim can't do it. They are essentially godless killing machines when it comes right down to it. They are sick. I don't particularly care if they are dressed up as immigrants. I don't want them over here.

The Near, Middle, Far Eastern countries, Africa, and Europe need to take care of it. They are the ones who have fostered their immigrants groups and countries for decades.

We've got enough problems with Mexican and Central and South American refugees and immigrants to take on even more. All the Mexicans and Central/South Americans want is our welfare system. There will be enough terrorists slip through the Syrian refugees to make it worth shutting down completely.

If Syrians, only refugees from Christian churches in Syria. American missionaries can readily point out which would be legitimate. Keep them Syrian Muslims away from us.

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 11:51 AM

Who said that they just let them right in? Can you tell me what the process is? How are they vetted?

Hell, even the FBI director says they can't be 100% vetted. Dem/Pub's are pushing through a veto proof house bill to put the refugee situation on "pause" , and now dick head Reid is guaranteeing that it won't pass the senate.

Libs - Always the smartest mother****ers in the room.

Tear Down This Wall
11/23/2015, 11:55 AM
Who said that they just let them right in? Can you tell me what the process is? How are they vetted?

Hell, even the FBI director says they can't be 100% vetted. Dem/Pub's are pushing through a veto proof house bill to put the refugee situation on "pause" , and now dick head Reid is guaranteeing that it won't pass the senate.

And, the last people we want vetting is Obama's hires to these posts.

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 11:57 AM

It's all right here. (http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/refugees-and-asylees-united-states#Admissions Process)

or here:

Admissions Process

Refugees

Section 207(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) grants the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) the authority to admit any refugee who is determined to be of special humanitarian concern and admissible to the United States. The majority of refugees accepted for resettlement are referred by UNHCR and admitted as Priority 1 cases; referrals by a U.S. embassy or nongovernmental organization (NGO) comprise a much smaller subset of cases. The U.S. refugee admissions program is as follows.

Priority 1 (P-1): Individual cases referred by virtue of their circumstances and apparent need for resettlement. Individual refugee cases are identified and referred to the U.S. resettlement program by UNHCR, a U.S. embassy, or a designated NGO.
Priority 2 (P-2): Groups of cases designated by virtue of their circumstances and apparent need for resettlement. This includes in-country processing programs for minors in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras; Iraqis employed by the U.S. government and military in Iraq; and Cubans subjected to harsh treatment for political or religious reasons.
Priority 3 (P-3): Individual cases from designated nationalities for purposes of reunification with family members already in the United States. Due to a high incidence of fraud, the P-3 processing program was suspended for a time and was resumed in October 2012 after significant changes.
Note: Within two years of admission, a refugee may submit a “follow-to-join” form to USCIS to allow a spouse or unmarried children below age 21 to be resettled in the United States.

All refugees under consideration for resettlement regardless of priority category are vetted through multiple security screenings and intensive background checks—by DHS, intelligence agencies, the State Department, and the FBI—in a process that takes on average 18 to 24 months. Once refugees receive conditional approval for resettlement, they are guided through a process of medical screenings, cultural orientation, sponsorship assurances, and referral to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for transportation to the United States.

I'm not sure where you get your information from. This was very easy and took me maybe 5 minutes to find.

Tear Down This Wall
11/23/2015, 11:59 AM
It's all right here. (http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/refugees-and-asylees-united-states#Admissions Process)

or here:

I'm not sure where you get your information from. This was very easy and took me maybe 5 minutes to find.

And, again, we don't really give a f*ck because it would be Obama's idiots doing the vetting during the entire process.

dwarthog
11/23/2015, 12:00 PM
I'm smart enough to read and not blindly trust some talking head or politician I saw on the evening news or heard on my talk radio station.

It was 2 not dozens.

Since 2001 - 3 refugees out of almost 1 million have been charged with plotting anything. I believe that is from 2015 (http://www.migrationpolicy.org/) I believe the statistic I read said more cows have killed people than refugees since then. I'd say that's pretty good vetting. The current refugee process takes around 18 months. You can get a visa much easier and in way less time.

Also - just for fun. Governors and State reps have no power deciding whether or not their state can accept refugees. Nor can they stop refugees from crossing state lines and settling in their state.

Only two linked to Al Qaeda and IED's made it into the country.

Not bad.

I suppose that just two could only build small bombs.

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 12:00 PM
And, the last people we want vetting is Obama's hires to these posts.

The house just passed a measure that the director of the FBI has to sign off on every refugee now. That's 10,000 a year.

Also - The 3 "terrorists" found since 2001 were vetted by Bush's guys.

Tear Down This Wall
11/23/2015, 12:07 PM
The house just passed a measure that the director of the FBI has to sign off on every refugee now. That's 10,000 a year.

That's three too many. There would be many more that amount with Obama's guys. Also, who the f*ck cares what Bush did then? We are talking about now.

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 12:10 PM

or here:

All refugees under consideration for resettlement regardless of priority category are vetted through multiple security screenings and intensive background checks—by DHS, intelligence agencies, the State Department, and the FBI—in a process that takes on average 18 to 24 months.

So, all of these agencies are vetting them with what? Fake passports? WTF are they getting info to vet Abdar and his three teenage sons who lived in a ****ing stone hut in the desert? It's a ****ing joke, and if you can't see/admit that, I can't help ya.

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 12:11 PM
Only two linked to Al Qaeda and IED's made it into the country.

Not bad.

I suppose that just two could only build small bombs.

They used fingerprints from old IED's to identify them. I don't believe they found any IED's here.

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 12:13 PM
I don't believe they found any IED's here.

Not yet, anyway.

dwarthog
11/23/2015, 12:15 PM

Lets see.

251 work days for the average Federal employee.

10,000/251 = 39.8 refugees per day

8hrs*60mins = 480 minutes

480/39.8 = 12 minutes per sign off.

I suppose he has a robo pen....

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 12:16 PM

or here:

They don't want facts that do not coincide with their xenophobic world view. Good work, though.

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 12:17 PM
So, all of these agencies are vetting them with what? Fake passports? WTF are they getting info to vet Abdar and his three teenage sons who lived in a ****ing stone hut in the desert? It's a ****ing joke, and if you can't see/admit that, I can't help ya.

I don't need your help with something I don't need to worry about.

I have real problems. For example - What's for dinner? When will a barrel of oil go up in price? How much will it cost to board my dog while I'm off celebrating Thanksgiving? Will Mayfield be ready for bedlam? Will Turd ever have a post without a spelling or grammar error? (You can help me with the last one)

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 12:19 PM
Lets see.

251 work days for the average Federal employee.

10,000/251 = 39.8 refugees per day

8hrs*60mins = 480 minutes

480/39.8 = 12 minutes per sign off.

I suppose he has a robo pen....

I suppose you see the problem. Where there was no problem before we've added additional steps that do nothing other than quell the ignorant public's fears.

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 12:20 PM
I don't need your help with something I don't need to worry about.

I have real problems. For example - What's for dinner? When will a barrel of oil go up in price? How much will it cost to board my dog while I'm off celebrating Thanksgiving? Will Mayfield be ready for OU-OSU? Will Turd ever have a post without a spelling or grammar error? (You can help me with the last one)

Glad you got it all figured out, Ton.

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 12:24 PM
Glad you got it all figured out, Ton.

You never waver nor disappoint. :encouragement:

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 12:27 PM
I suppose you see the problem. Where there was no problem before we've added additional steps that do nothing other than quell the ignorant public's fears.

What about the "Intelligent" publics fears dont they deserve some consideration?

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 12:29 PM
They don't want facts that do not coincide with their xenophobic world view. Good work, though.

Wow...I guess Ton's "facts" he posted sewed up any differing opinions/thoughts others might have, you got the insult in AND you slapped Ton on the *** with an attaboy. Good jorb.

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 01:01 PM
Wow...I guess Ton's "facts" he posted sewed up any differing opinions/thoughts others might have, you got the insult in AND you slapped Ton on the *** with an attaboy. Good jorb.

My pat on the arse pales in comparison to the circle jerks that you guys have for piling onto the minority opinions around here.

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 01:05 PM
My pat on the arse pales in comparison to the circle jerks that you guys have for piling onto the
minority opinions around here.

We aint Black folk you take that back you racist!

Ton Loc
11/23/2015, 04:10 PM
What about the "Intelligent" publics fears dont they deserve some consideration?

You've experienced the media in all its forms - print, radio, tv, internet. Intelligence is bad for business. Tragedy, fear, and a little sex sell - truth and intelligence always take a back seat to the $$$.

Politicians are all the same - except they need those headlines and the money to keep them in office. They've got no time to get any real work done.

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 05:19 PM
We aint Black folk you take that back you racist!

You do make laugh at times. Cracker!

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 05:38 PM
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/11/syrian-refugees-jews-holocaust-world-war-ii-213384

n February 1942, just two months after the attack on Pearl Harbor, a national poll asked respondents to identify the national, ethnic or religious groups that are a “menace [threat] to this country.” Unsurprisingly, 24 percent identified Japanese-Americans and 18 percent volunteered German-Americans. Jews ranked third, at 15 percent. Three years later, in 1945, the same question yielded more arresting results: 24 percent identified Jews as the most menacing ethnic group in America, ahead of the Japanese (9 percent) and Germans (6 percent).

Fear of Jews—not simply resentment of Jews—flowed from diverse sources. America’s most prominent hate peddler, the clergyman Gerald L.K. Smith, represented the extreme fringe of popular anti-Semitism when he warned of “200,000 Communist Jews at the Mexican border waiting to get into this country. If they are admitted they will rape every woman and child that is left unprotected.”

The times they are a changin'.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/11/syrian-refugees-jews-holocaust-world-war-ii-213384#ixzz3sMC8K6eP

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 05:53 PM
You do make laugh at times. Cracker!

Pay attention, Ton...this dip**** can't form a complete sentence.

SicEmBaylor
11/23/2015, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqvUz0HrNKY&ab_channel=IShakeYourSoul

Serenity Now
11/23/2015, 06:30 PM
Pay attention, Ton...this dip**** can't form a complete sentence.

You should totally hit me with some negatives for all of my grammatical errors. That would be a novel idea! A few dangling participles could get me to -5,000,000.

SicEmBaylor
11/23/2015, 06:42 PM
You should totally hit me with some negatives for all of my grammatical errors. That would be a novel idea! A few dangling participles could get me to -5,000,000.

Is it weird that I feel a tingle in my dangling participles when we talk about dangling participles?

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 06:48 PM

No need. You already in Bolivia.

hawaii 5-0
11/23/2015, 08:27 PM
My friends loved the Islamophobia presented on these first 3 pages.

Keep up the good work.

"Stupid is as stupid does".

.....and a special shout-out to Toad. My friends love the snappy dog behind the screen door routine.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 08:43 PM
My friends loved the Islamophobia presented on these first 3 pages.

Keep up the good work.

"Stupid is as stupid does".

.....and a special shout-out to Toad. My friends love the snappy dog behind the screen door routine.

5-0

Nobody wants to hear about your homoerotic party's.

Mookie91
11/23/2015, 09:51 PM
One things I've learned through these brief 40 years on planet earth is people love what they love, hate what they hate and rarely have the common sense to realize the proper way is somewhere in the middle.

Ton Loc
11/24/2015, 09:22 AM
One things I've learned through these brief 40 years on planet earth is people love what they love, hate what they hate and rarely have the common sense to realize the proper way is somewhere in the middle.

Oh they realize it but that means work and change. No one likes work or change.

dwarthog
11/24/2015, 09:23 AM

This.

Serenity Now
11/24/2015, 10:05 AM

Is the implication that homoerotic party's [sic] are a bad thing?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/24/2015, 12:09 PM
I said years ago, the progressives and zippy were after our guns. I was right all along... Though many people thought I was a nut job. They desperately want to disarm us...

TAFBSooner
11/24/2015, 03:42 PM
I'm not really caring what the refugee process is, or how long it takes, I don't want any more of them over here. They are incapable of coexisting the way other religions do.

In the little town where my sister-in-law is from, in the panhandle of Texas, there is a street with four churches on the corner - a Catholic church, a Methodist church, a church of Christ, and a Baptist church. Somehow, they've managed for over 100 year to live peacefully without raping, beheading, car bombing, child bombing, etc. each other because each has a little bit different view of how to interpret the Bible.

Muslim can't do it. They are essentially godless killing machines when it comes right down to it. They are sick. I don't particularly care if they are dressed up as immigrants. I don't want them over here.

The Near, Middle, Far Eastern countries, Africa, and Europe need to take care of it. They are the ones who have fostered their immigrants groups and countries for decades.

We've got enough problems with Mexican and Central and South American refugees and immigrants to take on even more. All the Mexicans and Central/South Americans want is our welfare system. There will be enough terrorists slip through the Syrian refugees to make it worth shutting down completely.

If Syrians, only refugees from Christian churches in Syria. American missionaries can readily point out which would be legitimate. Keep them Syrian Muslims away from us.

For the better part of those 100 years, there was widespread agreement that we were a nation governed IAW a Constitution that was not based on any one faith, denomination, or other religious grouping. With some exceptions, government kept its nose out of religion, and pastors didn't get too involved in politics.

In the ancestral homeland of your avatar, Protestants and Catholics fought each other from the late 1960's until 1998, with some violence still occurring. Some 3500 people lost their lives in this conflict. Not all the roots of the conflict were religious, but those involved primarily identified themselves by their religion.

What is the difference? Not the religious views of the participants.

England / the United Kingdom has suffered from the religious differences of its rulers and their subjects *at least* since the Romans wiped out the Pagans and their memories, and intensively since there were Catholics and Protestants to fight each other.

The United States took a lesson from England and other European countries and their religious wars, and baked the freedom to worship or not worship according to each one's conscience into the DNA of our new nation.

On the other hand, far from "Muslim can't do it," the vast majority of Muslims in the United States coexist peacefully with their neighbors. Since they are free to worship as they wish, they seem to have no need to fight those of other faiths. Sure there are radicalized Muslims who go off to join Daesh, or commit terrorism here. But they are very few - not even close to justifying comments like "Muslim can't do it."

It's not like Christians don't have their own radicalized individuals who shoot up mosques (actually there was a really stoopid radicalized Christian who shot up a Sikh temple thinking it was a mosque), or shoot Jews at their community centers and retirement centers (actually it was a really stoopid radicalized Christian who shot three Christians, thinking they must be Jews because they were at a Jewish community center or retirement center). Sadly, that's not nearly all. Again, however, these fools are a vanishingly small minority of Christians in the US.

And oh, yeah, the majority of Mexicans who come here want work, not welfare. Make the argument that they take away jobs from our native lower classes if you want, but they do work for low wages and pay (also low) taxes.

Tear Down This Wall
11/24/2015, 04:55 PM
For the better part of those 100 years, there was widespread agreement that we were a nation governed IAW a Constitution that was not based on any one faith, denomination, or other religious grouping. With some exceptions, government kept its nose out of religion, and pastors didn't get too involved in politics.

In the ancestral homeland of your avatar, Protestants and Catholics fought each other from the late 1960's until 1998, with some violence still occurring. Some 3500 people lost their lives in this conflict. Not all the roots of the conflict were religious, but those involved primarily identified themselves by their religion.

What is the difference? Not the religious views of the participants.

England / the United Kingdom has suffered from the religious differences of its rulers and their subjects *at least* since the Romans wiped out the Pagans and their memories, and intensively since there were Catholics and Protestants to fight each other.

The United States took a lesson from England and other European countries and their religious wars, and baked the freedom to worship or not worship according to each one's conscience into the DNA of our new nation.

On the other hand, far from "Muslim can't do it," the vast majority of Muslims in the United States coexist peacefully with their neighbors. Since they are free to worship as they wish, they seem to have no need to fight those of other faiths. Sure there are radicalized Muslims who go off to join Daesh, or commit terrorism here. But they are very few - not even close to justifying comments like "Muslim can't do it."

It's not like Christians don't have their own radicalized individuals who shoot up mosques (actually there was a really stoopid radicalized Christian who shot up a Sikh temple thinking it was a mosque), or shoot Jews at their community centers and retirement centers (actually it was a really stoopid radicalized Christian who shot three Christians, thinking they must be Jews because they were at a Jewish community center or retirement center). Sadly, that's not nearly all. Again, however, these fools are a vanishingly small minority of Christians in the US.

And oh, yeah, the majority of Mexicans who come here want work, not welfare. Make the argument that they take away jobs from our native lower classes if you want, but they do work for low wages and pay (also low) taxes.

I don't live in Ireland. Neither did Ronald Reagan. Stick to American, where we live. Christians don't kill each other here. Ireland is an outlier, by far, and you know it. So stick with reality.

The reason the muslims here aren't raping and beheading yet is because they are still by far in the minority. If they gained control of the country, they would do the same murdering and raping here that they do everywhere else.

Ton Loc
11/24/2015, 05:46 PM
I don't live in Ireland. Neither did Ronald Reagan. Stick to American, where we live. Christians don't kill each other here. Ireland is an outlier, by far, and you know it. So stick with reality.

The reason the muslims here aren't raping and beheading yet is because they are still by far in the minority. If they gained control of the country, they would do the same murdering and raping here that they do everywhere else.

You're a damned fool. The main reason that doesn't happen here is because we Americans have a great life and no real problems. Compared to the rest of the world we are the 1%. Largely, there is no struggle here. And where there is crime its tied to the poor, then the crazy, then the rich and crazy.

The rest of us -
We're too busy endlessly arguing about sports, entertainment, and celebrity to be bothered with giving two ****s about the race and religion of the next guy.

olevetonahill
11/24/2015, 10:43 PM
Is the implication that homoerotic party's [sic] are a bad thing?

Only if yer a BAD BAD Boy , Or Maybe a Bad Bad Girl!

olevetonahill
11/24/2015, 10:50 PM
I said years ago, the progressives and zippy were after our guns. I was right all along... Though many people thought I was a nut job. They desperately want to disarm us...
Bro they been tryin that for 40 years or better, They have changed tactics in the Last 20 years or so, They just want to Scare us into surrendering OUR freedoms! :succ:

You're a damned fool. The main reason that doesn't happen here is because we Americans have a great life and no real problems. Compared to the rest of the world we are the 1%. Largely, there is no struggle here. And where there is crime its tied to the poor, then the crazy, then the rich and crazy.

The rest of us -
We're too busy endlessly arguing about sports, entertainment, and celebrity to be bothered with giving two ****s about the race and religion of the next guy.

No sir IMHO you are the Dayum Fool, They have slowly immigrated and Taken over a Large portion of Europe
I dont want to see that happen HERE .

hawaii 5-0
11/24/2015, 10:54 PM
It's been this way at least since the mid 1850's.

Lots of Germans and Irish immigrated and suddenly it was "Bar the Door Kate". We don't need any more immigrants.

Nothing has changed. Italians, Poles, Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, Russians, Mexicans, etc. all came for a better life for one reason or another. OK, most of the first African Americans were brought here against their will. We're a nation of immigrants whether we like it or not. Unless you're 100% American Indian you don't have a rightful say in the matter.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I gotta take for granted that every one of the Pro-Life folks are also anti-death penalty. Ya can't pick for one and be against the other without being a hypocrite.

5-0

olevetonahill
11/24/2015, 10:56 PM

Lots of Germans and Irish immigrated and suddenly it was "Bar the Door Kate". We don't need any more immigrants.

Nothing has changed. Italians, Poles, Chinese, Japanese, Filipinos, Russians, Mexicans, etc. all came for a better life for one reason or another. OK, most of the first African Americans were brought here against their will. We're a nation of immigrants whether we like it or not. Unless you're 100% American Indian you don't have a rightful say in the matter.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I gotta take for granted that every one of the Pro-Life folks are also anti-death penalty. Ya can't pick for one and be against the other without being a hypocrite.

5-0

Simple. Dont Kill a Baby and I wont Kill you!
Hows that waterboy?

TAFBSooner
11/25/2015, 09:32 AM

TDTW:

Regarding Christian-on-Christian violence, Ireland is an outlier over geography in the last 100 years. Ireland is smack in the middle of the pack over time, and you know it.

Here in America, where we live, Muslims aren't raping and beheading. That's because this IS America, where we have freedom to practice our religion as we see fit. Our faith may inform our civic choices, but we don't, as a polity, make our choices directly about religion. And thank God for that!

If Muslims naturally were drawn to raping and murdering, why are so many Muslims fleeing all the raping and murdering in the caliphate?

Most Muslims in Europe, in Syria, even in Iran, just want to live their lives. So do most Christians, most Hindus - let's just say most people.

Ton Loc:

He's not a damn fool, he's a scared fool. Fear leads to anger, yoda yoda, but first of all fear disrupts the logic circuits in the brain.

TAFBSooner
11/25/2015, 09:36 AM
Simple. Dont Kill a Baby and I wont Kill you!
Hows that waterboy?

Fair enough.

Oh, wait, you meant fetus, didn't you?

Are you going to kill the doctor or the woman or both?

FaninAma
11/25/2015, 10:45 AM
Immigration has to be primarily based on the ability to contribute(i.e. skills/education) and assimilate. There should be some humanitarian immigrants but it shouldn't be the primary basis for determining priority for immigration.

olevetonahill
11/25/2015, 11:24 AM
Fair enough.

Oh, wait, you meant fetus, didn't you?

Are you going to kill the doctor or the woman or both?

Hell it dont matter
I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
Wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
Guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill
KILL, KILL."

Soonerjeepman
11/26/2015, 01:38 AM

5-0

lol...really? um, yes you can and it isn't hypocritical. Not even close to the same. I'm only "anti death penalty" because of the cost. Lock em up and throw away the key.

Mookie91
11/26/2015, 10:04 AM

The majority of gun law supporters don't want to disarm anyone just want to register and track the same way you do with your driver license and automobiles. You keep your illusion that somehow you and your buddies will be able to topple a tyrannical government armed with Black Hawk helicopters and aircraft carriers.

Wolverines!!!!!!

dwarthog
11/26/2015, 11:34 AM
The majority of gun law supporters don't want to disarm anyone just want to register and track the same way you do with your driver license and automobiles. You keep your illusion that somehow you and your buddies will be able to topple a tyrannical government armed with Black Hawk helicopters and aircraft carriers.

Wolverines!!!!!!

Lets see, Egypt has the helicopters, not much of a need for them to have the aircraft carriers, and they seemed to pull off toppling a government there.

I find it curious that folks who don't want to register to exercise their right to vote find it necessary to force others to exercise their rights.

Don't mess with a Wolverine!

yermom
11/26/2015, 11:37 AM

Have you ever even met a Muslim?

dwarthog
11/26/2015, 12:09 PM

Is this a new "progressive" test? Like having a black friend which allows you to fully understand their plight?

SicEmBaylor
11/26/2015, 12:59 PM

When I did Presidential Classroom my junior year of HS, we spent two weeks on the Georgetown campus and stayed at the on-campus hotel. I was assigned a room with a Hispanic Catholic from Texas, an atheist from New Jersey, a Muslim from Virginia, and me (a protestant at that time) from Oklahoma.

It was quite a trip.

yermom
11/26/2015, 01:15 PM
Is this a new "progressive" test? Like having a black friend which allows you to fully understand their plight?

It has nothing to do with plight. There are plenty of Muslims in America, mosques too.

I'm sure you are much more likely to be killed by someone claiming to be a Christian than a Muslim, refugees or not

olevetonahill
11/26/2015, 01:45 PM
The majority of gun law supporters don't want to disarm anyone just want to register and track the same way you do with your driver license and automobiles.
You keep your illusion that somehow you and your buddies will be able to topple a tyrannical government armed with Black Hawk helicopters and aircraft carriers.

Wolverines!!!!!!

You are delusional if you think WE think we can Win, I have never said we would! Just that we would put up one HELL of a fight!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2015, 02:37 PM
Hell it dont matter
I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
Wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
Guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill
KILL, KILL."From the mind of that famous conservative Arlo Guthrie?

Serenity Now
11/26/2015, 03:07 PM
It has nothing to do with plight. There are plenty of Muslims in America, mosques too.

I'm sure you are much more likely to be killed by someone claiming to be a Christian than a Muslim, refugees or not

olevetonahill
11/26/2015, 03:24 PM
From the mind of that famous conservative Arlo Guthrie?

:biggrin:

Turd_Ferguson
11/26/2015, 04:15 PM
My vagina smells like a White Castle fart.

Ewwww.

dwarthog
11/27/2015, 09:38 AM

Based on numbers that may be safe guess.

So what's the value of having actually met a muslim before?

Tear Down This Wall
11/27/2015, 11:02 AM

That's funny. I live in Dallas ad have done business here for three decades. I've got muslim customers. When I lived in Richardson, they were my neighbors. On Spring Valley, up the road from where I lived, there was a mosque. I visited the mosque. I ate there: women on one side, men on the other. Call to prayer, men go into their own room.

So yes, I know muslims. Thanks, for asking. I'm well acquainted with them.

Tear Down This Wall
11/27/2015, 11:09 AM
TDTW:

Regarding Christian-on-Christian violence, Ireland is an outlier over geography in the last 100 years. Ireland is smack in the middle of the pack over time, and you know it.

Here in America, where we live, Muslims aren't raping and beheading. That's because this IS America, where we have freedom to practice our religion as we see fit. Our faith may inform our civic choices, but we don't, as a polity, make our choices directly about religion. And thank God for that!

If Muslims naturally were drawn to raping and murdering, why are so many Muslims fleeing all the raping and murdering in the caliphate?

Most Muslims in Europe, in Syria, even in Iran, just want to live their lives. So do most Christians, most Hindus - let's just say most people.

Ton Loc:

He's not a damn fool, he's a scared fool. Fear leads to anger, yoda yoda, but first of all fear disrupts the logic circuits in the brain.

Back to America: show me the Baptist on Catholic violence. The Presbyterian on Lutheran. The Methodist on Episcopalian. The Mennonite on Jew.

It's not there.

Further, the muslims are not just getting along in Europe. Ask the British about 7/7 and the various beheadings there. Surely, you've heard of the recent terrorist attack in France.

Pull you head out of wherever it is - backside or sand. These are thing they do even when not fully in control of a country. If they ever do get control, you have what you have in their countries - women suppressed, religion suppressed, media suppressed, brutal physical punishment for even the smallest of crimes, and no way to counter it.

Muslims are sick. Their mindset is backward. And, I don't want anymore of them in here.

hawaii 5-0
11/27/2015, 06:42 PM
Just read that since 9/11 toddlers have killed more people than terrorists in America.

5-0

yermom
11/27/2015, 07:25 PM
That's funny. I live in Dallas ad have done business here for three decades. I've got muslim customers. When I lived in Richardson, they were my neighbors. On Spring Valley, up the road from where I lived, there was a mosque. I visited the mosque. I ate there: women on one side, men on the other. Call to prayer, men go into their own room.

So yes, I know muslims. Thanks, for asking. I'm well acquainted with them.

And you didn't get beheaded once? No IEDs or anything? You must feel ripped off.

olevetonahill
11/27/2015, 07:50 PM
And you didn't get beheaded once? No IEDs or anything? You must feel ripped off.

You saying he dint get beheaded once is racist. You dont know him, He could have a great doctor for all you kno. Quit assuming things :succ:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/29/2015, 05:46 AM
Useful idiots...

Mookie91
12/26/2015, 08:16 PM
Lets see, Egypt has the helicopters, not much of a need for them to have the aircraft carriers, and they seemed to pull off toppling a government there.

I find it curious that folks who don't want to register to exercise their right to vote find it necessary to force others to exercise their rights.

Don't mess with a Wolverine!

Egypt Military = US Military riiiight

Turd_Ferguson
12/26/2015, 09:13 PM
Egypt Military = US Military riiiight

Mr. Blaylock...why do you tug on your peener to Hillary?