PDA

View Full Version : Why no threads on "the hit."

winout
11/22/2015, 09:24 AM
Seriously my fellow fans. Why no hate for the frogger that put Mayfield out? That was a deliberate hit to take him out of the game. Dude should be banned from football for life with congressional hearing in the works!

Jacie
11/22/2015, 09:32 AM
Now I am not accusing anyone of anything.

I can, however, imagine that in a big game, watching an opposing QB carve up your defense and knowing if he were to go down, your team would have a chance of winning, maybe, just maybe some coach somewhere, sometime might call on a defensive player to execute such a play.

Not that Patterson did that last night, just that it might happen.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2015, 09:44 AM
Maybe because the video is self explanatory? A defender will always try to punish a QB given a chance and BM was giving them lots of chances with his scrambling. I'm sure the guy didn't try to go helmet to helmet and get ejected, but he lowered his head and used it as a weapon on purpose. If he had hit BM in the back and broken a rib but allowed to stay in the game, he would have been delighted with himself. I don't buy the conspiracy theory this was ordered by Patterson - as I said, defenders have been taught to smack the QB since HS.

Flying Scotsman
11/22/2015, 10:25 AM
The penalty ought to be harsher than an ejection. If you take out the opposing player's QB, you ought to lose your QB to equalize the playing field and maybe your quarterback cannot return until the opposing team's QB returns to the playing field -- no matter how many games...Just a thought...

BlownGP
11/22/2015, 10:33 AM
That was just as dirty a hit as oakman on TK last year.

SoonerMarkVA
11/22/2015, 12:15 PM

Yes, but if I recall, Oakman wasn't ejected or penalized.

I think there's less outrage because he was caught and tossed right away. And after Knight's performance, I have to think such a "play" is going to be a considered option next week if Mayfield plays.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 12:18 PM

Oakman's hit was clean, not dirty, and was ruled correctly by the refs. I haven't seen this play by TCU (I'd appreciate some video if anyone has it), so I couldn't say whether the hit was clean or not.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 12:18 PM

I think there's less outrage because he was caught and tossed right away. And after Knight's performance, I have to think such a "play" is going to be a considered option next week if Mayfield plays.

Oakman wasn't ejected or penalized because Oakman didn't do anything wrong.

SoonerMarkVA
11/22/2015, 12:23 PM
Oakman's hit was clean, not dirty, and was ruled correctly by the refs. I haven't seen this play by TCU (I'd appreciate some video if anyone has it), so I couldn't say whether the hit was clean or not.

By all means, we're waiting with bated breath for the authoritative word on whether it was clean or not.

Judge Smails
11/22/2015, 12:24 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14190083/baker-mayfield-oklahoma-sooners-leaves-game-half-following-huge-hit

It was as dirty a hit as you'll ever see. He looked like a lawn dart leading with his helmet.

SoonerMarkVA
11/22/2015, 12:24 PM

Stating something false with conviction is still false.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 12:25 PM
I hate to keep rehashing this for the 1000000th time, but fast forward to 9:01 for the slow motion replay of Oakman.

Oakman is only a few feet away from Knight when he's still up. Oakman is a huge guy and pure momentum is what kept him going. Now, he's leading with his arm with his elbow and forearm landing on TK's chest. It isn't until TK is on the ground that Oakman's hand even touches TK's facemask.

There is no way Oakman's hit caused TK's concussion. The tackle itself, which Oakman wasn't even the lead tackler, caused the concussion -- not anything that Oakman did.

Oakman should have been ejected from the game for that hit against the Tech player though.

SoonerMarkVA
11/22/2015, 12:29 PM
I hate to keep rehashing this for the 1000000th time, but fast forward to 9:01 for the slow motion replay of Oakman.

Oakman is only a few feet away from Knight when he's still up. Oakman is a huge guy and pure momentum is what kept him going. Now, he's leading with his arm with his elbow and forearm landing on TK's chest. It isn't until TK is on the ground that Oakman's hand even touches TK's facemask.

There is no way Oakman's hit caused TK's concussion. The tackle itself, which Oakman wasn't even the lead tackler, caused the concussion -- not anything that Oakman did.

Oakman should have been ejected from the game for that hit against the Tech player though.

It must be difficult to be the defense attorney for a guilty client. I can see why you'd be tired.

olevetonahill
11/22/2015, 01:01 PM

Keep telling yourself that weasle.Go to the 9 minute mark TK is down oakman late hitds him and leads with an elbow to his head
Go suck a donkey weener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glPD6mJscJQ

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 01:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14190083/baker-mayfield-oklahoma-sooners-leaves-game-half-following-huge-hit

It was as dirty a hit as you'll ever see. He looked like a lawn dart leading with his helmet.

Okay, yeah, there was 0% ambiguity about that. That was textbook targeting.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 01:21 PM
Keep telling yourself that weasle.Go to the 9 minute mark TK is down oakman late hitds him and leads with an elbow to his head
Go suck a donkey weener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glPD6mJscJQ

His elbow hits TK squarely in the chest you braindead dip****.

olevetonahill
11/22/2015, 01:35 PM
His elbow hits TK squarely in the chest you braindead dip****.

Regardless why was he leading with his elbow in the 1st place.
Keep defending that POS ya Moran.

KantoSooner
11/22/2015, 01:48 PM
Oakman's shot on Knight was as dirty as anything Suh ever dreamed of. The only people on earth not in agreement are purblind Baylor homers.
Drop it Sicem.
It's like denying that the nazi's existed.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 01:52 PM
Regardless why was he leading with his elbow in the 1st place.
Keep defending that POS ya Moran.

Leading with the elbow isn't against the rules as long as it isn't targeting the player's head. Oakman never hit TK in the head with his elbow. His hand did hit TK in the facemask, but TK was already on the ground at that point. As I said, Oakman was an assist on the tackle not the primary tackler. The injury was sustained from the initial tackle not Oakman hitting TK in the chest with his elbow.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 01:55 PM
Oakman's shot on Knight was as dirty as anything Suh ever dreamed of. The only people on earth not in agreement are purblind Baylor homers.
Drop it Sicem.

In what way, specifically, was it dirty? Did he make helmet-helmet contact? No? Then it wasn't targeting. Was Oakman even the initial tackler? No. Did Oakman's elbow or forearm hit TK in the head? No. The only thing Oakman did was hit TK in the chest with his elbow and forearm a split second after TK was already heading toward the ground from the initial tackle.

Not every injury-sustaining play is the result of a dirty tackle.

If I was just a Baylor homer then I would never have argued Oakman should have been ejected for the hit on the Tech player which was blatant and indefensible.

KantoSooner
11/22/2015, 02:00 PM
Watch film.
I don't need to parse what departs from objective reality in your version.
I have to go shopping for a kitchen sink and a guest bathroom toilet.
You can live on in delusion or not at your choosing.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2015, 02:04 PM
Watch film.
I don't need to parse what departs from objective reality in your version.
I have to go shopping for a kitchen sink and a guest bathroom toilet.
You can live on in delusion or not at your choosing.

Are you going for that new no-touch flush? Definitely get one of those slow-close toilet lids. I don't know how I lived all these decades without them after getting them earlier this year.

Okie35
11/22/2015, 02:09 PM
We've been doing some dirty stuff all year ... Yes Oakman's hit was dirty, so was TCUs LB but Orlando Brown and Dede Westbrook has done some dirty stuff all season lol it's football we need to get over it.

KantoSooner
11/22/2015, 03:08 PM
I'd like the Toto ones with the ******/butt washer with remote control water temperature. If only to adjust the water to 35 degrees every time my bro in law comes over to take a dump at my place.

Piware
11/22/2015, 03:59 PM

Unfortunately, SoonerMark is probably right. The kid that made the hit is Ty Summers, a red shirt freshman from San Antonio Reagan. I read somewhere this morning that he got some death threats. Don't believe it for a minute and if he did it was probably from TCU fans.

olevetonahill
11/22/2015, 04:28 PM
Drop it Sicem.

What HE said

winout
11/23/2015, 12:00 AM
Are you going for that new no-touch flush? Definitely get one of those slow-close toilet lids. I don't know how I lived all these decades without them after getting them earlier this year.

This thread has gone into the toilet, literally.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2015, 12:10 AM
This thread has gone into the toilet, literally.

Toilet seats matter !

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 12:29 AM

Pics/Link?

Turd_Ferguson
11/23/2015, 12:39 AM
Pics/Link?

I took a dump at my buddy's house yesterday and he has them. I was impressed. Didn't take any pics though.

SicEmBaylor
11/23/2015, 01:11 AM
I'm considering sending an e-mail to Oakman asking if he would mind sending a Christmas card to Vet. ;)

olevetonahill
11/23/2015, 03:50 AM
I'm considering sending an e-mail to Oakman asking if he would mind sending a Christmas card to Vet. ;)

Tell him to make a Personal visit, That be better ok?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2015, 12:44 PM
Drop it Sicem.
It's like denying that the nazi's existed.Hard to believe even Sicem could think Oakman's late hit on TK while he was already down was anything but intentionally malicious.

SicEmBaylor
11/23/2015, 04:58 PM

You want to take Oakman? Based on the way he actually plays, I'm not so sure I couldn't take Oakman.

SicEmBaylor
11/23/2015, 04:58 PM
Hard to believe even Sicem could think Oakman's late hit on TK while he was already down was anything but intentionally malicious.

He wasn't already down. He was on his way down, and the hit was about half a second late at most.

birddog
11/23/2015, 05:02 PM
Sorry, sic. I love ya but oakman is the laziest roid freak ive ever seen. And i once saw a dood take horse steroids then say working out sucked. Seriously.

SicEmBaylor
11/23/2015, 05:03 PM
Sorry, sic. I love ya but oakman is the laziest roid freak ive ever seen. And i once saw a dood take horse steroids then say working out sucked. Seriously.

I agree with the lazy part.

rock on sooner
11/23/2015, 05:08 PM

And, dint you say he should wear blaze orange?

Skysooner
11/24/2015, 09:24 AM
Here are TCU fans justifying the hit on Mayfield because he did a "fake slide" a few plays prior to the hit. Ridiculous.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?/topic/196355-mayfield-fake-slide/

Jacie
11/24/2015, 09:36 AM
How does that slight move on the 30-yard run before justify the hit later? He was hit as he was going down, not juking or "fake sliding" (whatever that is).

JLMSOONER
11/24/2015, 10:00 AM
He wasn't already down. He was on his way down, and the hit was about half a second late at most.

Much like the hit on mayfield. I know, helmut to helmet vs piling on forearm shiver. Pretty sure TK was getting back to his feet 1 second before the infraction.

SoonerorLater
11/24/2015, 01:30 PM
Does anybody find it odd to have a thread about the hit on Mayfield titled

'Why no threads on "the hit."

BoulderSooner79
11/24/2015, 06:16 PM
"Why no threads on "the hit" -- not counting this one"

Does that work?

winout
11/24/2015, 09:58 PM
"Why no threads on "the hit" -- not counting this one"

Does that work?

Or, "Why no threads on "the hit"?

manateepower
11/25/2015, 01:22 AM

'Why no threads on "the hit."

Nothing gets past you detective.

Sooner70
11/26/2015, 09:45 AM
Agree with Scotsman.....think there should be an added rule for a flagrant hit like that--esp. when QB is already down.....the hitter has to sit out as many games as the "victim". In other words, say Mayfield couldn't go against OSU this weekend, then #42 (?) for TCU has to sit out vs. Baylor this weekend also..

Jacie
11/26/2015, 09:49 AM
...think there should be an added rule for a flagrant hit like that--esp. when QB is already down.....the hitter has to sit out as many games as the "victim". In other words, say Mayfield couldn't go against OSU this weekend, then #42 (?) for TCU has to sit out vs. Baylor this weekend also..

Is there a provision in the new rule to cover when the offending player's next game is before the injured's one?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2015, 11:59 AM

'Why no threads on "the hit."How odd? What kind of odd?

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2015, 08:18 PM

Dirty as hell and you are ridiculous any more.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2015, 08:39 PM
I'd like the Toto ones with the ******/butt washer with remote control water temperature. If only to adjust the water to 35 degrees every time my bro in law comes over to take a dump at my place.

Seriously, this thread sucks anyway, so tell us about this toilet.