PDA

View Full Version : Playing more politics with the Gun laws

olevetonahill
11/21/2015, 05:29 PM
Holy sh!t the Dems dont really care if this passes or not, they just wanta try to put the Repubs in a Bind. Simple politics, Dirty nasty mother****ers that want to play those games. They dont care about the average Joe they just want to put the opposition in a bind and try to make em look bad

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-push-prevent-gun-sales-terror-list-suspects-081850711--politics.html:topsy_turvy:

Serenity Now
11/21/2015, 07:53 PM
Holy sh!t the Dems dont really care if this passes or not, they just wanta try to put the Repubs in a Bind. Simple politics, Dirty nasty mother****ers that want to play those games. They dont care about the average Joe they just want to put the opposition in a bind and try to make em look bad

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-push-prevent-gun-sales-terror-list-suspects-081850711--politics.html:topsy_turvy:
This is not a new loophole. Not sure why you consider this poor form.

olevetonahill
11/21/2015, 08:14 PM

The Politics of it is POOR FORM. pay Tention.

Serenity Now
11/22/2015, 12:37 AM
The Politics of it is POOR FORM. pay Tention.

No poorer than the fear mongering of the recent refugee grandstanding.

FaninAma
11/22/2015, 01:28 AM
If the terrorist suspect(i.e on the watch list and not charged) is a US citizen then the ban is unconstitutional. If they are a terrorist then charge them and prosecute them.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2015, 02:02 AM

Well, I'll tell you. The 2010 NDAA designated the United States as a 'battlefield' in the war on terror and gave the President authorization to prosecute military action against terrorists even if it is on US soil. So far so good, right? No. The question, therefore, is the definition of a 'terrorist' and who designates who/what a terrorist is. As it turns out, the Commander-in-Chief has full authorization to define and designate what constitutes a terrorist.

Imagine, if you will, this President or a future President making the decision to designate anyone who disagrees with him/her as a 'terrorist.' In this specific case, the administration could ban gun sells to 'terrorists' and then put whomever they wish on the 'terror list.' Effectively, it would allow the government to circumvent the 2nd Amendment.

olevetonahill
11/22/2015, 10:50 AM
Yall missing my point, I didn't start this to discuss the gun laws, terrorists, or Obammy.

I specifically mentioned the politics that are being played, By both sides. Politics and politicians are wormy arseholes, They dont give a crap about the people only what can advantage their side.

dwarthog
11/22/2015, 11:10 AM
This is funny, the proposed law to ban gun sales to terrorists.

It had me checking to see if this was one of those "fake" news sites.