PDA

View Full Version : Last week's KU/TCU game . . .

Jacie
11/21/2015, 03:01 PM
. . . was more about the frogs treating it as a bye week to prepare for today than KU being any more than they have shown against the other Big XII teams.

I hope OUr team is focused.

No matter who is playing for the frogs, they are better than 23-17 over the jayhawks.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2015, 03:57 PM
They've said Boykin won't start. I assume this is for real and not a Patterson head fake. This one follows that old cliche about a wounded animal being very dangerous. Everything is pointed to an easy OU win, but Patterson is a good coach and will have a good game plan installed - and they certainly are a wounded animal.

FaninAma
11/21/2015, 04:01 PM
Hopefully Stoops and the players learned their lesson in the Texas game.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2015, 04:49 PM
Except that the horn game didn't look like an easy win going in (at least not to me).

Soonerjeepman
11/21/2015, 04:53 PM
I'd say the horn game is NEVER an easy win going in. I'm glad I was able to witness those 60ish-15ish beat downs but that is not the norm.

I just think the team is on a different level right now. We'll see.

birddog
11/21/2015, 04:53 PM
Yep, texass game i said that i was worried about not being worried. I cant find anything to be worried about tonight because this season has been so much better than i coulda hoped for. The attention we are getting around the country kicks so much arse.

Soonerjeepman
11/21/2015, 04:59 PM
yeah, there is so much "talk" by coaches and players about not taking them lightly...notice, not much talk, as least no nearly the amount of texas week but yet OU is doing well.

Sometimes TOO much talk about not taking a team lightly backfires.

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2015, 05:00 PM
We're on a roll now and playing well in almost all areas of the game - that wasn't true going into Dallas. I have to go back to '11 when we were on a roll and then lost at home to Tech to see a similar situation. Even then, we were the team with a critical injury (Whaley out with the flu) and not Tech. But this teams' attitude is just different.

Soonerjeepman
11/21/2015, 05:06 PM
We're on a roll now and playing well in almost all areas of the game - that wasn't true going into Dallas. I have to go back to '11 when we were on a roll and then lost at home to Tech to see a similar situation. Even then, we were the team with a critical injury (Whaley out with the flu) and not Tech. But this teams' attitude is just different.

THIS...

I compare Baker to the a$$whip at a/m..(won't mention his name) as far as a playmaker...but without the ego (at least off the field ego). It comes from him...the team just loves him...from what is seems.