PDA

View Full Version : Visitors checking out OU vs TCU

Yoderram
11/20/2015, 01:41 PM
My son and I are big CSU Ram fans from Fort Collins, Colorado. We go to one big game around the country every year. We have been to Boise, Duke (for basketball), and Alabama. This year is Oklahoma. We are just looking for some help on what not to miss on game day or any cool pregame festivities or tailgates worth seeing. We plan arriving in Norman early morning to take it all in. Thanks for the help.

PS - my son is 4 and we just arrived in OKC and he keeps telling everyone with an OU shirt on how much he hates frogs.

Thanks
Zach

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2015, 02:19 PM
the band marches down "boyd?" main street just north of campus before the game...prob 6? It's been a few years but that is always cool, and I'm 51...lol.

suppose to be cold, 32 at kickoff - dress warm

Ya use to be able to just walk up to the Schooner in the tunnel, sure your son would like that, get a pic of him in the drivers seat....

again those are all things I did years ago with my kids, not sure how accessible it is now.

swardboy
11/20/2015, 03:22 PM
And how is life without McElwain?

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/20/2015, 03:35 PM
The scene around campus corner is pretty neat. Boyd & ASP. there is alot of tailgaiting going on around the stadium. its starts early, and there will be a lot of people. everyone is very friendly, and would be happy to greet visitors.
the Band marching into the stadium is pretty cool too, which i'm sure your son would love! you can still walk to the tunnel where the schooner is ( North EZ, east side, and if you stay until the end of the game, you might be able to get some really good pics.
I grew up two blocks away from the staadium, and everytime i came back for a game, i feel like a kid again. great atmosphere! have fun, and enjoy the beat down of the frogs!

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2015, 03:37 PM
My son and I are big CSU Ram fans from Fort Collins, Colorado. We go to one big game around the country every year. We have been to Boise, Duke (for basketball), and Alabama. This year is Oklahoma. We are just looking for some help on what not to miss on game day or any cool pregame festivities or tailgates worth seeing. We plan arriving in Norman early morning to take it all in. Thanks for the help.

PS - my son is 4 and we just arrived in OKC and he keeps telling everyone with an OU shirt on how much he hates frogs.

Thanks
Zach

That's good parenting, right there! :)

Enjoy the game!

winout
11/20/2015, 04:38 PM
I thought this was going to be another Jeff Lebby story.

Yoderram
11/20/2015, 05:47 PM
And how is life without McElwain?

McElwain is great at winning the close games. Great motivator.

Long run we will be better with Bobo, he is a better man than Mac.

rock on sooner
11/20/2015, 08:26 PM
Lived in Ft. Collins for 13 years...met and married my wife (38 years next anniversary)
both my kids born there. Lots of fond memories of the front range, Estes Park, Poudre
Canyon. Kids' grandparents lived in Brush, still have family in Denver. Plan is to have
our ashes mixed (at the right time, of course) and scattered in Rocky Mountain National
Park. Love the high country!

Therealsouthsider
11/20/2015, 09:53 PM
.....years ago I operated the Godfathers pizza across from the mall (if the mall is still there)...spent many a day at horsetooth reservoir....good times

ss

Soonerjeepman
11/21/2015, 01:42 AM
So Rock, you a JD fan?