PDA

View Full Version : KU vs 6A-1 champion

Dan Thompson
11/19/2015, 10:20 PM
Could Kansas beat the Oklahoma 6A-1 champion?

Eielson
11/19/2015, 10:35 PM
Yes.

Breadburner
11/19/2015, 10:44 PM
**** yes....This is stupid...

Dan Thompson
11/19/2015, 11:28 PM
Explain yourself

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2015, 12:54 AM
that's not even remotely possible. ku sucks but really..?

Jacie
11/20/2015, 08:12 AM
Mini Ditkas 77

Kansas 0

Widescreen
11/20/2015, 08:47 AM
I don't know why but I'm always surprised when people ask silly questions like this.

Answer: 100% of the Kansas scholarship players are D-1 athletes. Not very good ones, but D-1 nonetheless. Only a small percentage of the high school team's players will play D-1 ball. And none of them have had the benefit of a couple of years of weight/nutrition training that they would have at Kansas. So yes, Kansas would beat the high school team handily.

SoonerorLater
11/20/2015, 10:15 AM
Just for argument sake I'll assume it's a legit question.

Short answer, KU would eviscerate the 6A-1 champion.

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2015, 10:32 AM
Same question comes about some dominant college team being able to compete with a poor NFL team. The answer is the same - umm, no.

winout
11/20/2015, 11:53 AM
Look at it this way, if KU had all freshman they would be considered better than the Kansas high school all-star team as they have practiced and played together for a season. The 6A team would have maybe two all-stars. 22 all-stars vs 2. That doesn't account for the fact that some are 3 years removed from high school. Wouldn't even be worth watching.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2015, 12:01 PM
Oklahoma 6A? Questionable.
Texas 6A? Certainly.

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2015, 12:15 PM
Texas 6A? Certainly.

I thought we beat some humility into you last week.

badger
11/20/2015, 01:32 PM
The last four 6AI teams left are Jenks, Union, Broken Arrow and Edmond Santa Fe. Jenks and Union play in the semis for once tonight instead of the championship :P

Before you give poor KU too much grief, they nearly beat TCU last weekend. I think they'd beat both the Texas and Oklahoma 6A champs any day.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/20/2015, 01:36 PM
Texas 6A? Certainly.

LOL. I went to a game in Allen back in October. Very good high school football team. Several good D-I recruits. KU would hang about 50 on them in a quarter.

Dan Thompson
11/20/2015, 01:54 PM
Google - COLLEGE ALL-STAR FOOTBALL CLASSIC
you will see the the college team not only won some games, but also had some shut puts
against the NFL champs

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2015, 02:10 PM
I'm old enough to remember some of the NFL/college all-star games. The difference there is that the college all-stars actually was made up of NFL talent as they represented the top upcoming draft picks. The other factor was the NFL team didn't give a sh.it and the series petered out due to lack of interest. The NFL players were not nearly as superior then either as the money was much lower and the competition was much lower for each job.

SoonerorLater
11/20/2015, 03:21 PM
If you look at the Kansas recruiting lists on Rivals for the last 4 years they are populated mainly by 2 and 3 star recruits with an occasional 4 star guy.

If you take the top five teams in 6A-1

Union
Broken Arrow
Jenks
Edmond Santa Fe
Southmoore

These teams have a total of four 3 star players between them this year. The number one team in the state (Union) doesn't have any 3 star players and only has one 2 star player.

Kansas talent level is way beyond a high school team. That doesn't even take into account the extra strength and conditioning and game experience.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2015, 03:40 PM
funny, my son plays baseball at a juco in KS. He was the 2nd best player on his hs CRAPPY baseball team. Has the frame and potential to be decent...BUT he said all these other guys were all-state, best guy on their team etc...mainly smaller schools but they are having a hard time realizing there are guys just as good or better on the team...don't think there are any guys from the same HS on his team...out of 43 guys.

funny how that works...

winout
11/20/2015, 04:16 PM
A little trivia from the final college all-star vs NFL champ game: " Joe Washington of Oklahoma was selected MVP of this final College All-Star game"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2015, 04:43 PM
I had no idea that game went beyond the late 60s. Way to go lil Joe!

SoonerorLater
11/20/2015, 04:48 PM
funny, my son plays baseball at a juco in KS. He was the 2nd best player on his hs CRAPPY baseball team. Has the frame and potential to be decent...BUT he said all these other guys were all-state, best guy on their team etc...mainly smaller schools but they are having a hard time realizing there are guys just as good or better on the team...don't think there are any guys from the same HS on his team...out of 43 guys.

funny how that works...

Good luck to your son.

Baseball is toughest sport to evaluate next level talent.

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2015, 05:15 PM
thanks,
he's ready to play...he screwed up last yr at his first juco, on top of the HC told him he couldn't play in the league and the coach that recruited him moved on before my son got there. So, he's excited for this spring. Had a bruised bone on his throwing arm, so he only threw about 4 innings in fall ball.

Full of potential...lol but who isn't!

SicEmBaylor
11/21/2015, 02:56 PM
Okay, so, no Div I team would ever lose to a 6A team. So then let's ask ourselves this -- could Oklahoma's 6A-1 champ beat Incarnate Word?

Jacie
11/21/2015, 03:13 PM
I don't think this is a reach, Oklahoma's 6A champion would not beat a Division III team, which are schools that do not give scholarships or any other financial aid to athletes.