PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Riley & his contract..

vtsooner21
11/17/2015, 11:02 AM
If this has been touched upon in the past, please forgive me, but just wondering if anyone here has heard anything at all about the possibility of signing Coach Riley to an extension on his present two - year deal with the Sooners? Sure would like to see him for a 5-year stint, but nowadays, that doesn't appear too common. (Especially for someone of Coach Riley's caliber..)

SoonerMarkVA
11/17/2015, 11:07 AM
I have to think he's going to be gone soon, especially if we finish out this year strong. I guess my hope is Gundy fully absorbs the playbook and philosophy, and then takes over as OC when he leaves.

But, to your general wish, yes, I would really like to see us show all the new coaches the money and keep this group together as long as possible. Riley for sure, but also Cooks and Reynolds. Can't say enough about the improvement on both the D-line and, especially, the secondary. Not sure how we pull it off, but if there's any way to do so I hope we do! 3 or 4 years of stability could have us right back on top of the mountain.

Turd_Ferguson
11/17/2015, 11:22 AM
Anyone think Riley may hang around at OC until Coach's statue gets erected, then changes his title to HC?

swardboy
11/17/2015, 12:32 PM
I think LR is here for a national championship. Achieving that, THEN Stoops might convince him to stay with the dangling carrot of HC eventually. But what SoonerMarkVA said about Gundy intrigues me. He's been loyal, effective, and popular in his tenure here.

All that said, Bob Stoops is still a young man from my perspective.

Soonerjeepman
11/17/2015, 12:34 PM
I agree, LR has done a great job, but let's not forget the talent he inherited...the cupboard was not bare at all. Mayfield had no idea Riley would be here, just worked out. Not saying he isn't a very good coach, but ya can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit...

Breadburner
11/17/2015, 01:10 PM
He's going to get a nice raise...He's going no where.....

IslandSooner
11/17/2015, 01:46 PM
That is exactly what I thought when the statue showed up prematurely. Maybe there was an agreement that we are unaware of?? But apparently not, according to Joe C it was just a mistake by the statue manufacturer...... Whatever Joe!! Lol, Who Knows?

AzianSooner
11/17/2015, 11:04 PM
I agree, LR has done a great job, but let's not forget the talent he inherited...the cupboard was not bare at all. Mayfield had no idea Riley would be here, just worked out. Not saying he isn't a very good coach, but ya can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit...

I hope Bob can have LR till he gets his 4th NC trophy.

yermom
11/17/2015, 11:24 PM
I have to think he's going to be gone soon, especially if we finish out this year strong. I guess my hope is Gundy fully absorbs the playbook and philosophy, and then takes over as OC when he leaves.

But, to your general wish, yes, I would really like to see us show all the new coaches the money and keep this group together as long as possible. Riley for sure, but also Cooks and Reynolds. Can't say enough about the improvement on both the D-line and, especially, the secondary. Not sure how we pull it off, but if there's any way to do so I hope we do! 3 or 4 years of stability could have us right back on top of the mountain.

That's interesting to think about with him moving to inside receivers, maybe that is to get him more exposure to the rest of the offense

I do like what he's doing with Flowers and Andrews...