PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sic Em

Okie35
11/14/2015, 11:48 PM
Did they find Coleman? he needed an APB...

Because the best receiver out there was Shepard by far

SoCalBigRed
11/14/2015, 11:49 PM
Hehe... you read my mind.

Check my last post in the game thread...

"SicEm..."

olevetonahill
11/15/2015, 12:04 AM
I hope sicem P repaired his ***!

Flying Scotsman
11/15/2015, 12:05 AM
Prepared or repaired....It doesn't matter....

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 12:08 AM
It was a really good win, but probably against the 3rd best team we'll face the last 3 games. The fact that we didn't score 50 on that pathetic defense leaves room for improvement. I'll be surprised if they don't lose next week, and maybe to TCU if Boykin is healthy

jkjsooner
11/15/2015, 12:11 AM
Third best? You really think TCU is better than Baylor?

SoCalBigRed
11/15/2015, 12:21 AM
It was a really good win, but probably against the 3rd best team we'll face the last 3 games. The fact that we didn't score 50 on that pathetic defense leaves room for improvement. I'll be surprised if they don't lose next week, and maybe to TCU if Boykin is healthy

Wow!

Way to pee all over an extremely quality win, against an undefeated opponent, in their house, under a good amount of pressure.

In fact, I think OU had more pressure on them, for some redemption. BU really had the luxury, or at least they thought they did of playing extremely chippy. They were trying to get into OU's head and had they, it would have got ugly.

OU is definitely going to have to bring their A game the rest of the way, but the other teams are going to have to bring an A+ and we're going to have to have a letdown.

Flying Scotsman
11/15/2015, 12:23 AM
No let down next week!! I think Memorial Stadium will be very high....

BlownGP
11/15/2015, 12:23 AM
I was hoping Shepard would outshine Coleman and he didn't disappoint.

Mookie91
11/15/2015, 12:25 AM
Wow!

Way to pee all over an extremely quality win, against an undefeated opponent, in their house, under a good amount of pressure.

In fact, I think OU had more pressure on them, for some redemption. BU really had the luxury, or at least they thought they did of playing extremely chippy. They were trying to get into OU's head and had they, it would have got ugly.

OU is definitely going to have to bring their A game the rest of the way, but the other teams are going to have to bring an A+ and we're going to have to have a letdown.

And I'd add that OU hasn't really fired on all cylinders on offense for an entire game this year. If they continue to win the turnover battle and improve as an offense they will be right there.

Okie35
11/15/2015, 01:03 AM

Baylor will lose to TCU with a healthy Boykin only because its on the road but Baylor would beat TCU in Waco. Both of those teams mirror each other on the road. I think Baylor is better at Waco than TCU is at Ft. Worth though so therefore Baylor is the better team. Ok State will be the hardest game for us given the fact its a rival. Ok State still cant run the ball for **** though. I said it before against Texas stick with the run. It didnt look pretty at first against Baylor but they started getting worn out because we stuck with the run. It allowed Perine to break out for that run. If we do that against TCU and Ok State we will win out.

olevetonahill
11/15/2015, 01:20 AM

Put the Crack pipe down and step away !
We gonna win Out and BIG

tycat947
11/15/2015, 01:20 AM
I repeat! HYPOCRITES go down!!!

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2015, 01:28 AM

Is this the 'ol "if OU wins, then the other team was not any good" rule ?

Baylor has consistently played better than either TCU or OSU all year. That may not be true now with Russell out, but that's the same BU defense they've had in all those dominant wins.

Piware
11/15/2015, 01:33 AM
TCU squeaked past the Jayhawks today and the Pokes managed to get past a team we beat mercilessly a week ago. IMHO, Baylor s better than TCU and I think they will both beat the Pokes.

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2015, 01:35 AM
TCU squeaked past the Jayhawks today and the Pokes managed to get past a team we beat mercilessly a week ago. IMHO, Baylor s better than TCU and I think they will both beat the Pokes.

Pokes killed TCU last week.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2015, 01:41 AM
Well, that was a game. Questionable play calling. I'm disappointed of course -- I said before the season started into the early part of the season that we would drop two games; however, I thought the losses would be against TCU and OSU. Hell, they still might. Our defense is ridiculous and not in a good way.

I hate to see the home streak end, but it had to eventually. Congrats, OU, you broke McLane's hymen!

aurorasooner
11/15/2015, 01:43 AM

Aside from the Pokes already beating TCU, any word on Boykin's status for next week? I thought he went down today against KU with some kind of ankle injury.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 01:51 AM
Wow!

Not peeing on anything - just calling it like I have all year as far as Baylor being overrated. Nobody has ever won a championship with a defense bad enough to give up 40 or 50 points,having them rated #2 or #3 was a joke. Running up the score on little sisters of the poor means nothing - as it was proven tonight the first time they faced a defense that didnt roll over

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 01:53 AM

Baylor has consistently played better than either TCU or OSU all year. That may not be true now with Russell out, but that's the same BU defense they've had in all those dominant wins.

Whch defense h ave you been watching? The one that gave up 50 to Tech or 40 to WVA?

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 01:57 AM
Put the Crack pipe down and step away !
We gonna win Out and BIG

Does that mean you no longer want to fire Stoops?

Curly Bill
11/15/2015, 02:08 AM
Good win! I honestly wasn't expecting it to happen, though with Baylor's porous defense and the way we've played lately I knew that it could happen.

Makes the loss to a terrible Texas team even more inexplicable.

Baylor finally played a football team with a pulse and was exposed. They may well lose to OSU and TCU both.

Baker Mayfield has got some of that "it" factor!

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2015, 02:17 AM
Whch defense h ave you been watching? The one that gave up 50 to Tech or 40 to WVA?

It was 35 to Tech and 38 to WVU. But that's not the point. You claimed BU is a weaker team than TCU or OSU and I'm saying the data doesn't support that. Baylor blew out both those teams and had Tech beat by half time and WVU by the middle of the 3rd. TCU and OSU have had multiple close calls and BU hasn't even been threatened until tonight. I think up until Russell got hurt, BU has clearly been better than TCU or OSU.

olevetonahill
11/15/2015, 02:35 AM
Does that mean you no longer want to fire Stoops?

Never really wanted to. Just knew we needed to change it up
Go suck a midget dick .

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2015, 02:55 AM
Go suck a midget dick .

So...then...yours?

hawaii 5-0
11/15/2015, 03:48 AM
Most impressed with the rapid maturation of the offensive line. Early in the season they looked like a work in progress.

Tonight they looked like a piece of work.

5-0

Flagstaffsooner
11/15/2015, 06:27 AM
I hate to see the home streak end, but it had to eventually. Congrats, OU, you broke McLane's hymen!

LMAOL

OklaPony
11/15/2015, 07:37 AM
Well, that was a game. Questionable play calling. I'm disappointed of course -- I said before the season started into the early part of the season that we would drop two games; however, I thought the losses would be against TCU and OSU. Hell, they still might. Our defense is ridiculous and not in a good way.

**** off, Bear.

(With apologies, I just had to get that out of my system)

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 09:44 AM
It was 35 to Tech and 38 to WVU. But that's not the point. You claimed BU is a weaker team than TCU or OSU and I'm saying the data doesn't support that. Baylor blew out both those teams and had Tech beat by half time and WVU by the middle of the 3rd. TCU and OSU have had multiple close calls and BU hasn't even been threatened until tonight. I think up until Russell got hurt, BU has clearly been better than TCU or OSU.

I humbly stand corrected. Actually TCU is the one with the really crappy defense - Baylor's would be more fairly labeled as unimpressive. I half *** paid attention to both of them, dismissing their early season success against cup cake teams, and erroneously noted who had scored what against Baylor. I'll stand by my prediction that they lose to OSU - road game to a team that appears to be gaining momentum. Probably they beat TCU at home.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 09:55 AM
Go suck a midget dick .

I notice you're not able to express a differing opinion with anyone without insulting and getting foul mouthed. What would you conclude about such a person?

FaninAma
11/15/2015, 10:08 AM

There is a joke regarding good Baptist girls just waiting to be posted in response to this but far be it from me to make it.

FaninAma
11/15/2015, 10:11 AM
Well, I for one am very pleasantly surprised. After the moronic game plan against Texas and the Bob Stoops' brain farts against OSU last year I had zero confidence in OU's ability to walk into Waco and beat Art Briles and his Miami team on the Brazos. So how much of the offense is Lincoln Riley and how much is Baker Mayfield. How would this team look with Trevor Knight at QB?

Jacie
11/15/2015, 10:18 AM
So was this one a "big game" or not?

CatfishSooner
11/15/2015, 10:27 AM
Sic Em suck my balls you little bitch!!!!!

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 10:41 AM
Well, I for one am very pleasantly surprised. After the moronic game plan against Texas and the Bob Stoops' brain farts against OSU last year I had zero confidence in OU's ability to walk into Waco and beat Art Briles and his Miami team on the Brazos. So howe much of the ofense is Lincoln Riley andhow much is Baker Mayfield. How would this team look with Trevor Knight at QB?

A portrait of Baker Mayfield probably will go above the mantle in the homes of both Stoops brothers. As one who was calling for Stoops head after the Texas debacle I was thinking it might be time to eat some humble pie given the outcome of the last 5 weeks, but then asking myself what would this year look like without a QB who dropped from the sky as a gift. One might argue that the defense has been a big improvement over last year, which it has, but I think we'd be looking at a different story there if they were having their spirits broken constantly having to make up for a bumbling QB/offense

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/15/2015, 10:54 AM

It was a great win for your 2nd favorite team!

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2015, 11:24 AM
Sic Em suck my balls you little bitch!!!!!

Nah, your dad already does a pretty good job of gumming that ****.

Jack T.
11/15/2015, 11:27 AM
So was this one a "big game" or not?

We're Oklahoma. . .it's only a Big Game when we lose :-)

CatfishSooner
11/15/2015, 11:32 AM
Nah, your dad already does a pretty good job of gumming that ****.

**** you and your piece of **** football team... enjoy your spiral back to mediocrity

olevetonahill
11/15/2015, 11:55 AM
I notice you're not able to express a differing opinion with anyone without insulting and getting foul mouthed. What would you conclude about such a person?

That yer a ****in moran :biggrin:

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2015, 12:06 PM
I humbly stand corrected. Actually TCU is the one with the really crappy defense - Baylor's would be more fairly labeled as unimpressive. I half *** paid attention to both of them, dismissing their early season success against cup cake teams, and erroneously noted who had scored what against Baylor. I'll stand by my prediction that they lose to OSU - road game to a team that appears to be gaining momentum. Probably they beat TCU at home.

You could be right. I think the order when the season started was BU, TCU, OSU, OU. BU blew out everyone, TCU has had problems on D from the get go, but their offense was on fire. OSU and OU were pretty similar with OU losing to the horns and OSU avoiding OT with the horns on that famous dropped snap by the punter. Since then, OSU slowly improved with each game, OU made a quantum jump the last 5 games. BU continued to blow everyone out against the same competition OU played. But since Stidham took over, they had an unimpressive win against KSU and now a loss to us. TCU has really spiraled the last 2 games with Doctson getting hurt and now Boykin hobbled. I'd say the order now is OU, OSU, BU, TCU. But BU is still very dangerous for OSU as is TCU to us depending on Boykin's health.

rock on sooner
11/15/2015, 12:08 PM
Anyone else notice how "grumpy" Briles was with the obligatory end of game
handshake?

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2015, 12:37 PM
Anyone else notice how "grumpy" Briles was with the obligatory end of game
handshake?

Watching that is just one of the perks of your team winning. :D

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 12:47 PM
That yer a ****in moran :biggrin:

I guess I should feel sorry for you rather than point out the manifestations of your insecurities

Eielson
11/15/2015, 12:56 PM

No joke. Even without Russell, this was our biggest hurdle.

Okie35
11/15/2015, 02:41 PM
No joke. Even without Russell, this was our biggest hurdle.

Yup. Baylor had the mental edge for sure. They're still a pretty good team at home.

SoonerorLater
11/15/2015, 03:14 PM
Watching that is just one of the perks of your team winning. :D

Yeah I did. Odd, if I remember correctly he seemed fine after last year's game. I'm not sure what might have happened.

olevetonahill
11/15/2015, 05:36 PM
I guess I should feel sorry for you rather than point out the manifestations of your insecurities

I neither, need or want your sympathy Nor am i in the least insecure. You seem to have a Projection issue.
Moran!

okiewaker
11/15/2015, 05:43 PM
Baylor played a good game last night but Brilichick couldn't cheat enuff to get it done.

birddog
11/15/2015, 06:05 PM
Sicem, ill say it. Been watching the Sooners for 30 years now and it is one of the most satisfying wins for my boys that i can recall in recent memory. **** Bama, there wasnt anything at stake in that bowl game. Says alot for your team with their 45k stadium with fake bricks and human tunnel (albeit soccer mom style). Your team has become relevant enough that everyone outside of waco was pulling for the Sooners.

Now, fire up your moped and go butthole punch briles for all of us.

Mazeppa
11/15/2015, 07:19 PM
Yup. Baylor had the mental edge for sure. They're still a pretty DIRTY team at home.

FIFY

Since71ASooner4Life
11/15/2015, 08:28 PM
I neither, need or want your sympathy Nor am i in the least insecure. You seem to have a Projection issue.
Moran!

its more than a projection - I'm actually able to type childish foul mouthed insults on your keyboard, as though you were the one doing it. I ought to be ashamed making you look so pathetic.

CatfishSooner
11/16/2015, 01:09 AM
its more than a projection - I'm actually able to type childish foul mouthed insults on your keyboard, as though you were the one doing it. I ought to be ashamed making you look so pathetic.

you better watch your ****in mouth boy

olevetonahill
11/16/2015, 01:35 AM

Thanks ya Moran was starting to believe i was all those things ya was sayin about me, Good to know its You instead

Pricetag
11/16/2015, 10:33 AM
I didn't get to hear all the postgame. What did the coaches do to handle the blackout?

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 10:45 AM
Third best? You really think TCU is better than Baylor?

Both are injury-riddled...and, I don't care! Our secondary was riddled with injuries when Baylor squeaked by us in 2011. No one gave a crap. It was, RGIII is great! Give the Heisman because he barely beat OU's backup secondary! Give him first round NFL money because he can beat OU's backups!

I could care less that we beat Baylor's backups at QB, safety, DL...that's just the way football goes. Sometimes you're at full strength, sometimes you're not.

If people beat us, they thump their chests no matter what. Those dinglef*cks at Tulsa thought they accomplished something by barely getting by the John Blake-coached 1996 squad.

Screw Baylor. Screw Tulsa. Screw TCU. Screw all of 'em. They crow no matter our status when they - on rare occasion - beat us.

TCU and Oklahoma State have played really sh*tty against some bad teams. I don't care anything about Boykin or anyone else. I want us to pummel the Frog and Aggy mercilessly.

Soonerjeepman
11/16/2015, 10:50 AM
Both are injury-riddled...and, I don't care! Our secondary was riddled with injury with Baylor squeaked by us in 2011. No one gave a crap. It was, RGIII is great! Give the Heisman because he barely beat OU's backup secondary! Give him first round NFL money because he can beat OU's backups!

I could care less that we beat Baylor's backups at QB, safety, DL...that's just the way football goes. Sometimes you're at full strength, sometimes you're not.

If people beat us, they thump their chests no matter what. Those dinglef*cks at Tulsa thought they accomplished something by barely getting by the John Blake-coached 1996 squad.

Screw Baylor. Screw Tulsa. Screw TCU. Screw all of 'em. They crow no matter our status when they - on rare occasion - beat us.

TCU and Oklahoma State have played really sh*tty against some bad teams. I don't care anything about Boykin or anyone else. I want us to pummel the Frog and Aggy mercilessly.

agreed, and honestly for the first time this season, I honestly think we will. Obviously osu in stillwater will be tougher than tcu but I'm betting we'll win by a comfortable margin. tcu game might look like isu or ksu score.

Pride1Mom
11/16/2015, 11:16 AM
The difference I see in OSU this year is they believe they can win, no matter what. In the past, when they were down they had DOUBT, and always would have a bone-head play. OU needs to put OSU back in their place!

badger
11/16/2015, 11:47 AM
Perhaps Baylor fans can take a page out of the Poke fan playbook:

X of the last X!

Whenever the head-to-head overall is insurmountable, just yell "X of the last X" to anyone who will listen. Is the record 84-18-7 in OU's favor? NO! OSU has won 2 of the last 4! :les: [hairGel] :stunned:

Is OU ahead in the Baylor series 22-3? NO! Baylor has won 3 of the last 5!

Drink your Zima with your head held high, SicEm, and not just because the "beer" will not leave the bottle otherwise. You may not have defeated an opponent with a winning record this year. You may have lost all playoff, conference title and undefeated season hopes as well as your bragging rights over OU... but you really haven't lost that last one, because 3 of the last 5.

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 12:11 PM
At school, some child tried to tell my son that OU had never won any championship like Texas had. These are elementary school kids. I printed out a page that showed us and Texas head-to-head in many areas:

http://www.winsipedia.com/oklahoma/vs/texas

TCU and Oklahoma State are even more duckfart against us:

http://www.winsipedia.com/oklahoma/vs/tcu
http://www.winsipedia.com/oklahoma/vs/oklahoma-state

SicEmBaylor
11/16/2015, 01:32 PM
you better watch your ****in mouth boy
Better listen to this guy ^, or he'll make sure that mouth gets filled.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2015, 01:51 PM
I didn't get to hear all the postgame. What did the coaches do to handle the blackout?

I'm still trying to figure out how they handled the pre game run in by the students. #intimidating.

TAFBSooner
11/16/2015, 03:07 PM
At school, some child tried to tell my son that OU had never won any championship like Texas had. These are elementary school kids. I printed out a page that showed us and Texas head-to-head in many areas:

http://www.winsipedia.com/oklahoma/vs/texas

TCU and Oklahoma State are even more duckfart against us:

http://www.winsipedia.com/oklahoma/vs/tcu
http://www.winsipedia.com/oklahoma/vs/oklahoma-state

What an interesting site.

Despite the unfortunate head-to-head record versus Notre Dame, we are way ahead of them in conference championships! (/unserious)

And the quickest way to flip a category on them is to win three more Heismans.

badger
11/16/2015, 03:21 PM
OU starts winning again and this site comes back to life. I wonder if BaylorFans.com is about to into eternal rest :P

SicEmBaylor
11/16/2015, 03:30 PM
OU starts winning again and this site comes back to life. I wonder if BaylorFans.com is about to into eternal rest :P

BFs always gets a lot of traffic, even in our basement dwelling days of Steele. Not sure why -- perhaps because it's pretty much the only Baylor site of note (outside of ODB which isn't really a forum).

birddog
11/16/2015, 03:33 PM
Well badj, your day-brightening opponent meltdown posts would go a long way in bringing people back here! Do it!

TAFBSooner
11/16/2015, 04:27 PM

I for one welcome being in the mix at least into late November.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2015, 11:24 AM
Hey sic, any rumors on what Briles said to Stoops at the post game handshake? I knew when he covered his mouth and wouldn't look Bob in the eye something was a brewing.

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2015, 11:37 AM
Hey sic, any rumors on what Briles said to Stoops at the post game handshake? I knew when he covered his mouth and wouldn't look Bob in the eye something was a brewing.

If I had to bet, I would guess it had something to do with a couple of the hits on Stidham. I wasn't thrilled with them myself, but I know realistically, that every other defense would do the same to our QB if they had the chance.

Pride1Mom
11/17/2015, 12:05 PM
Baylor needs to just admit that OU's defense beat their O line!!!

Soonerjeepman
11/17/2015, 12:27 PM
If I had to bet, I would guess it had something to do with a couple of the hits on Stidham. I wasn't thrilled with them myself, but I know realistically, that every other defense would do the same to our QB if they had the chance.

payback for oakman and knight, briles can suck it...OU did NOTHING like he did. Stidham just got hit..

and if you are not going to call the hit on Mixon targeting (haven't check what your thought was) then you are really delusional.

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2015, 12:50 PM
payback for oakman and knight, briles can suck it...OU did NOTHING like he did. Stidham just got hit..

and if you are not going to call the hit on Mixon targeting (haven't check what your thought was) then you are really delusional.

I don't think it had anything to do payback. An LB who gets a chance to drill a QB will do so - just like Evans did in the 1st qtr. He did get flagged, but it's one of those message-sending things teams will do early in a game when the flag isn't critical. The body slam Tapper did late in the game wasn't illegal, but definitely not necessary. I actually had more problems with that one because a guy can really get hurt - maybe that one was payback. But it was chippy, emotional game and I know for sure they would have done the same to Mayfield had they gotten a chance.

Breadburner
11/17/2015, 01:15 PM

Dip****s on this board too.......You should be proud.....

badger
11/17/2015, 02:17 PM

Please, please forgive my son-in-law, Bob. He's been trying to call, text, mail, page and tweet apologizes to you about the Tulsa game signal stealing from the sideline for months. Please? Please?

herecomedajudge
11/17/2015, 02:21 PM
^this

FaninAma
11/17/2015, 02:23 PM
I don't think it had anything to do payback. An LB who gets a chance to drill a QB will do so - just like Evans did in the 1st qtr. He did get flagged, but it's one of those message-sending things teams will do early in a game when the flag isn't critical. The body slam Tapper did late in the game wasn't illegal, but definitely not necessary. I actually had more problems with that one because a guy can really get hurt - maybe that one was payback. But it was chippy, emotional game and I know for sure they would have done the same to Mayfield had they gotten a chance.

I think this has been brewing for 2 years and is largely the fault of the Big 12 league office for refusing to appropriately address Oakman's hit on Knight last year and Ahmed Dixon's targeting of Shepard the year before. Like I said, Baylor is Miami on the Brazos and their act is wearing thin. The TCU-Baylor grudge match will be interesting since their HC's and their players absolutely detest each other although with as many players as each program has injured it may trun out to be just a cripple slap fight. It was enjoyable watching OU physically impose their will on Brile's thugs.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2015, 02:48 PM

Part of the game just like when we laid some pretty hard hits against OU. That's the way it goes. The kick to the head was uncalled for though, and it reminds me of Oakman taking his elbow to that Tech player that was down. I have a low tolerance for that kind of ****.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2015, 02:52 PM
I think this has been brewing for 2 years and is largely the fault of the Big 12 league office for refusing to appropriately address Oakman's hit on Knight last year and Ahmed Dixon's targeting of Shepard the year before. Like I said, Baylor is Miami on the Brazos and their act is wearing thin. The TCU-Baylor grudge match will be interesting since their HC's and their players absolutely detest each other although with as many players as each program has injured it may trun out to be just a cripple slap fight. It was enjoyable watching OU physically impose their will on Brile's thugs.

Oakman's hit was clean as was that targeting call against Dixon that was reversed. Only team hacks can continue to argue otherwise. However, Dixon and Oakman have both been guilty of improper hits and unsportman like conduct but those are not two legitimate examples.

This "thug" nonsense is such a bunch of bull****. For all of the history OU has, which its fans constantly like to remind everyone of, they certainly seem to forget the decades of thuggish behavior from their own team. Please tell me more about all the angels OU has fielded through its long storied history.

You know what I've never said and will never complain about? Thuggish behavior and hard-hitting defenses. That's the nature of the god damned game -- it's football. Grow a damned pair or watch soccer.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2015, 02:54 PM
OU fans love hard hitting defenses when they're consistently controlling the Big XII and in the top-5 nationally competing for national championships. When they have down years and have struggled against other teams they start bitching about "thuggish" behavior and whining about hits that would otherwise be celebrated had it been one of their players. It really saddens me to read all of the damned whining about this hit or that hit on this board coming from OU fans of all people. Many of you have turned into giant bleeding pussies.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2015, 03:05 PM

No clue. I don't know what was said.

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2015, 03:27 PM
No clue. I don't know what was said.

"Thank-you sir, may I have another?"

rock on sooner
11/17/2015, 03:47 PM
"Thank-you sir, may I have another?"

And Bob answered "You betcha, next year in Norman...see ya then!"

Soonerjeepman
11/17/2015, 03:59 PM

It was a joke...sort of.

I'm sure Stoops didn't say "let's get them back" but ya know the players have that mentality. Tapper's hit was a lot more legal than any of those others.

Sic, I never said OU had angels, never said football isn't a tough sport...but yes, I'll complain and obviously Stoops thought the helmet to helmet on Mixon was targeting...he sent tape in.

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2015, 05:16 PM
Yes, I said Tapper's hit was legal (as I understand it), but not within the "spirit of the game", IMO. There are definitely things that are legal in football that I consider dirty. Just this fan's opinion and I don't change it just because a guy is wearing an OU uniform.

Soonerjeepman
11/17/2015, 05:20 PM
honestly, I'm actually surprised they didn't call a penalty..but as I told my players once...if they didn't call it, it wasn't a foul (bball)

FaninAma
11/18/2015, 09:51 AM
Oakman's hit was clean as was that targeting call against Dixon that was reversed. Only team hacks can continue to argue otherwise. However, Dixon and Oakman have both been guilty of improper hits and unsportman like conduct but those are not two legitimate examples.

This "thug" nonsense is such a bunch of bull****. For all of the history OU has, which its fans constantly like to remind everyone of, they certainly seem to forget the decades of thuggish behavior from their own team. Please tell me more about all the angels OU has fielded through its long storied history.

You know what I've never said and will never complain about? Thuggish behavior and hard-hitting defenses. That's the nature of the god damned game -- it's football. Grow a damned pair or watch soccer.

If anybody knows about being a team hack it would be you. The hit by Ahmed Dixon on Shepard was BS and I am sure that the OU coaches have been fuming about that one for a while. And I think Dixon's actions since he graduated form Baylor reveal what a thug he is. I am pretty sure Oakman will follow suit. I loved how OU's redshirt freshman tackle pretty much dominated him all night. BTW, it's not just OU fans that think Baylor is a thuggish team. There was much joy around the Big 12 regarding OU's victory last weekend. And the attitude that it's just the nature of the game is why the game is under such fire and will probably continue to take fire for the injuries sustained by players.

BTW, how many more times is Briles going to get his first team QB hurt by running designed QB running plays ?

badger
11/18/2015, 11:21 AM
Did anyone else think that Baylor's offensive coordinator looked like an injury player on the sideline with his flat rim hat, Bieber hair and weird hand signals?

Start at about 38:25:
Pk9R7pMrnPQ

Is this the best they could find to replace the guy who went to Tulsa (Philip Montgomery)? Art Briles' 33 year old son?

:D I say 33 and not 32 because just a few days after his birthday, OU embarrassed his offense in Waco on a miserable weather night. Happy birthday, nepotism incarnate. You finally play an opponent with a winning record and you get exposed on national tv :D