PDA

View Full Version : Looks like terror in Paris

REDREX
11/13/2015, 04:43 PM
Just happened people shot , bombing and hostages taken----reports of as many as 18 dead

FaninAma
11/13/2015, 04:45 PM
Just happened people shot , bombing and hostages taken----reports of as many as 18 dead

They need more immigrants from the ME.

rock on sooner
11/13/2015, 04:59 PM
Now they're saying that up to 60 hostages are being held in a theatre...

REDREX
11/13/2015, 05:00 PM
26 dead

birddog
11/13/2015, 05:24 PM
Inglorious Basterds style. That's hardcore. We have illegal immigrant probs and europe is rasslin asylum bs. We all have our crosses to bear but there is no end in sight.

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2015, 05:54 PM
Immigration is a social disease, and this is what happens when you let in hundreds of thousands/millions whose culture and beliefs contrast and are so diametrically opposed to the society/culture they now reside in. This is especially true of the Muslim population.

When things like this happen, I'm torn between two radically opposing thoughts. My brain tells me that acts of terror are still relatively isolated events and that entire populations of individuals shouldn't be blamed for the actions of mad men; my heart, however, tells me there is a time to be reasonable and a time to start stoking the furnaces.

Tear Down This Wall
11/13/2015, 06:41 PM
Mormons? Baptists?

dwarthog
11/13/2015, 07:42 PM
Reports are maybe 100+ dead???

Geez when are folks going to wake up and see the nightmare.

REDREX
11/13/2015, 07:46 PM
Think they would use a bomb if they could get one?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2015, 07:47 PM
So when do Christians wake up and start the Crusades again? That is what it will take, or a Rainbow 6 style team, multiple teams, going out, sanctioning the MFers and take them out. This and now Indonesia province of Aceh burning churches and threatening Christians...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2015, 07:49 PM
Zippy is handing it to them...

BoulderSooner79
11/13/2015, 09:49 PM
When things like this happen, I'm torn between two radically opposing thoughts. My brain tells me that acts of terror are still relatively isolated events and that entire populations of individuals shouldn't be blamed for the actions of mad men; my heart, however, tells me there is a time to be reasonable and a time to start stoking the furnaces.

I'm with you. I hate the idea of condemning groups due to behavior of individuals, but the reality is radicalized terrorist will most likely come from muslim communities. .01% of a million people is still 100 people and that is probably far more than the group that just terrorized Paris. Europe has a huge problem.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/13/2015, 09:56 PM
The supreme jackass says "we've got ISIS contained"

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/11/13/obama-isis-is-not-getting-stronger-we-have-contained-them/

Maybe some of our liberal friends would like to weigh in on this topic?

Since71ASooner4Life
11/13/2015, 10:15 PM
Well what do you know - president zero isn't going to speculate about who is responsible.

I cant wait to learn what group is responsible for this man-made disaster.

REDREX
11/13/2015, 10:26 PM
Well what do you know - president zero isn't going to speculate about who is responsible.

I cant wait to learn what group is responsible for this man-made disaster.---Obama just wants to put in 14 more months and leave his mess to someone else both this and the economy----very weak leader

BoulderSooner79
11/13/2015, 11:10 PM

So now OBama is responsible for Frances' immigration and terrorist problems? That far predates OBama.

swardboy
11/13/2015, 11:23 PM
The vacuum of leadership O has created is being filled before our eyes.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/13/2015, 11:34 PM
So now OBama is responsible for Frances' immigration and terrorist problems? That far predates OBama.

Ask someone else to explain it

Since71ASooner4Life
11/13/2015, 11:39 PM
The vacuum of leadership O has created is being filled before our eyes.

A weakling liberal hellbent on degrading our military and our prominence in the world. He couldn't lead an 8th grade marching band

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2015, 12:16 AM
Ask someone else to explain it

I just asked google and it found many articles on the long history of terrorist in France. Lots of problems after Frances' imperialism in Algeria. High Muslim immigration in the '60s and '70s leading to an estimated 10% of the population now. All designed to line up with the emergence of the great OBama.

Serenity Now
11/14/2015, 12:32 AM
I just asked google and it found many articles on the long history of terrorist in France. Lots of problems after Frances' imperialism in Algeria. High Muslim immigration in the '60s and '70s leading to an estimated 10% of the population now. All designed to line up with the emergence of the great OBama.
#thanksobama

olevetonahill
11/14/2015, 01:08 AM
Immigration is a social disease, and this is what happens when you let in hundreds of thousands/millions whose culture and beliefs contrast and are so diametrically opposed to the society/culture they now reside in. This is especially true of the Muslim population.

When things like this happen, I'm torn between two radically opposing thoughts. My brain tells me that acts of terror are still relatively isolated events and that entire populations of individuals shouldn't be blamed for the actions of mad men;
my heart, however, tells me there is a time to be reasonable and a time to start stoking the furnaces.

Holy shat, Did you just say what I think you said?Really?

SoonerorLater
11/14/2015, 11:43 AM
Coming Soon To A City Near You !!!

Skysooner
11/14/2015, 12:48 PM
I'm also torn about Islam in general, but the time to be peaceful has ended. It is time to go in and send these m'fers to hell.

REDREX
11/14/2015, 01:02 PM
This is were WEAK Leadership gets you

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2015, 01:06 PM
I'm also torn about Islam in general, but the time to be peaceful has ended. It is time to go in and send these m'fers to hell.

I hear you and I have the same emotional response. But rationally, I know it won't do any good. Much of ISIS can be traced back to the Iraq invasion. It happened, it's history - water under the bridge. The rational thing to do is to evaluate the situation now and what is desired going forward. More military intervention over there will bring more radicalized individuals over here. Just look at Russia; they were arms length until the last couple of months and as soon as they become actively involved, they get one of their domestic airliners blown out of the sky. That doesn't mean that some kind of military action is not warranted, maybe it is. We are going to live with some level of terrorism here, so can't live scared. But deploying military might must be carefully considered against what is really desired with the side effect taken into account. It can't be based on an emotional flash of anger and revenge.

SoonerorLater
11/14/2015, 01:49 PM
I hear you and I have the same emotional response. But rationally, I know it won't do any good. Much of ISIS can be traced back to the Iraq invasion. It happened, it's history - water under the bridge. The rational thing to do is to evaluate the situation now and what is desired going forward. More military intervention over there will bring more radicalized individuals over here. Just look at Russia; they were arms length until the last couple of months and as soon as they become actively involved, they get one of their domestic airliners blown out of the sky. That doesn't mean that some kind of military action is not warranted, maybe it is. We are going to live with some level of terrorism here, so can't live scared. But deploying military might must be carefully considered against what is really desired with the side effect taken into account. It can't be based on an emotional flash of anger and revenge.

The French people need to summon up their inner Charles Martel and drive out these modern day equivalents of the Umayyad Caliphate. Political Correctness run amok will be the ruin of Western Civilization. This is a problem that will not go away or get better without intervention of the strongest kind.

Curly Bill
11/14/2015, 01:50 PM
Coming Soon To A City Near You !!!

With our porous borders and Zippy's desire to import all manner of human trash - it's a given! The variables are when and where.

olevetonahill
11/14/2015, 02:14 PM
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/l/t1.0-9/11148689_941003469311086_8773081434614191924_n.jpg ?oh=fdc89a5cae1771f18d24496c3690197d&oe=56ECC603

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/14/2015, 04:31 PM
Eiffel Tower evacuated

hawaii 5-0
11/14/2015, 07:14 PM

Since the Chinese now have a foothold in Syria, as we've been told, I can only suppose the attacks in France were caused by Communist Chinese terrorist insurgents.

Chinese laundries and restaurants are blooming globally.

Thank God I don't like starch in my shirts.

5-0

Since71ASooner4Life
11/14/2015, 07:21 PM
Since the Chinese now have a foothold in Syria, as we've been told, I can only suppose the attacks in France were caused by Communist Chinese terrorist insurgents.

Chinese laundries and restaurants are blooming globally.

Thank God I don't like starch in my shirts.

5-0

Kind of tough to argue in defense of the incompetent the day after he tells us ISIS is contained while they are blowing up Paris huh?

Since71ASooner4Life
11/14/2015, 07:23 PM
This is were WEAK Leadership gets you

When was the community organizer upgraded?

Tear Down This Wall
11/14/2015, 07:51 PM
Just to be clear here, this wasn't the work of Mennonites or Methodists?

Serenity Now
11/15/2015, 02:21 AM
Just to be clear here, this wasn't the work of Mennonites or Methodists?
A ground war is what they want. Al Q wanted to bring the US into the Middle East. That's what 9/11 was about. We are playing into their hands. I don't know the answer. It ain't "shock and awe". Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi, etc is who needs to be leading the charge.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/15/2015, 03:16 AM
no SN, the answer is nuke them into glass!

jkjsooner
11/15/2015, 06:03 PM
I just can't get over how stupid ISIS is.

Their goal was to create an Islamic state in Iraq, Syria, and the surrounding area. The West pretty much let them be because they weren't keen on getting into a civil war that included several competing groups most of which we couldn't support.

Meanwhile, there were western journalists covering mostly the atrocities committed by the Syrian government. ISIS should have been happy with the situation as it was. Instead, they started chopping off the heads of all westerners which forced the West to get involved. Now with their foreign terrorist activities (against Russia and France among others) they're forcing many of the world powers to to confront them even more aggressively.

I hear that they wanted a confrontation with the West. I guess it's just religious delusions but they've pretty much sealed their fate as an Islamic state

rock on sooner
11/15/2015, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't normally say to nuke'em but I'm not sure what the alternative is. These folks have
planned for months to pull this off...no answer other than (IMO), find 'em, be sure,and then
fix 'em, as in neutered or spayed or turned to glass an if can be certain, nuke the whole dayum
bunch. To carry this a little further, resign, as a group, from "proper engagement protocols."
After that is complete, evacuate any/all friendlies. That done, rain almighty absolute blackness
with only..hey' here it is......jus' my humble opinion.....

Serenity Now
11/15/2015, 10:34 PM
Play that out for me. Then you'll have to nuke north Africa.

Soonerjeepman
11/15/2015, 10:47 PM

you think they wouldn't?

Turd_Ferguson
11/15/2015, 11:06 PM
you think they wouldn't?

I think his question was rhetorical.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/16/2015, 08:57 AM

No problem...

Genghis Khan knew how to deal with them. After 3 or 4 emissaries killed, it was total war. I think we are at that time now. The Koran requires adherents to make all the world under Islam. If you are a believer, there is no other philosophy. At least Jesus asks you to join and you have free will to believe or not so...

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 10:33 AM
A ground war is what they want. Al Q wanted to bring the US into the Middle East. That's what 9/11 was about. We are playing into their hands. I don't know the answer. It ain't "shock and awe". Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi, etc is who needs to be leading the charge.

Let's be clear here - the United States does have the power to destroy and occupy Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc. The only reason we don't do so is that we have become a nation of p*ssies.

During WWII, we indiscriminately bombed Germany cities; then, fried two Japanese cities with nuclear weapons. Back then, we had leaders, military and political, willing to fully subdue our enemies.

Now, we beat the sh*t out of them for a little while, then let them off the mat and ask them to help govern themselves. We didn't let Germany or Japan govern themselves for many years after WWII.

Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi ain't gonna do sh*t. If they had wanted to they would have long ago. They are cavemen who became rich when the British discovered oil in their sh*thole countries. They can't even bear to see a women's ankles, wrists, or hair. They're not going to lead sh*t.

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 10:34 AM

What's the downside, again?

TAFBSooner
11/16/2015, 11:08 AM
I just can't get over how stupid ISIS is.

Their goal was to create an Islamic state in Iraq, Syria, and the surrounding area. The West pretty much let them be because they weren't keen on getting into a civil war that included several competing groups most of which we couldn't support.

Meanwhile, there were western journalists covering mostly the atrocities committed by the Syrian government. ISIS should have been happy with the situation as it was. Instead, they started chopping off the heads of all westerners which forced the West to get involved. Now with their foreign terrorist activities (against Russia and France among others) they're forcing many of the world powers to to confront them even more aggressively.

I hear that they wanted a confrontation with the West. I guess it's just religious delusions but they've pretty much sealed their fate as an Islamic state

Their end times beliefs state that the final battle will be at Dabiq, in Syria. They want to draw Western armies there because the Koran tells them they will win. They commit these atrocities to make themselves unable to be ignored.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

I recommend all of it, but especially part III. The Apocalypse.

From my point of view within the government (way down the chain), I see a general lack of creativity, and a specific lack of looking to any source of ideas outside the government. Hence the use of a whole lot of machetes when a properly placed stiletto would work better.

Serenity Now
11/16/2015, 12:09 PM
What's the downside, again?

What's your acceptable ratio of innocent lives lost?

Soonerjeepman
11/16/2015, 12:18 PM
I think his question was rhetorical.

really? wow, I didn't know that...:topsy_turvy:
thanks though...

TAFBSooner
11/16/2015, 12:31 PM

Innocent?
Lives lost?

"Kill them all; God will recognize his own." This was in 1209, so, before the Enlightenment.

"Ratio" was used by the ancient Grecians, err, Greeks. So that much of your sentence will be understood.

IS is trying their hardest to draw the world back into the Dark Ages. Apparently with some success.

hawaii 5-0
11/16/2015, 01:47 PM
Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi ain't gonna do sh*t. If they had wanted to they would have long ago. They are cavemen who became rich when the British discovered oil in their sh*thole countries. They can't even bear to see a women's ankles, wrists, or hair. They're not going to lead sh*t.

I'm afraid you may be right here. That's why I don't want the USA involved much unless the Arabs themselves step up to the plate. Let someone else's brother, son, father, husband take the hit.

5-0

TheHumanAlphabet
11/16/2015, 02:12 PM
I'm afraid you may be right here. That's why I don't want the USA involved much unless the Arabs themselves step up to the plate. Let someone else's brother, son, father, husband take the hit.

5-0

Well, let's wall them off from the world. They want to be cavemen, let's help them do that. Only we need their oil and gas, supposedly. Either isolate or bomb them into desolation, IMO. Most of this hole of the world is already there and its not like they have been strong members of science enlightenment or discovery...

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 03:05 PM

SEE Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/16/2015, 03:29 PM
SN, everyone of them are either a collaborator, or complicit either with outright activism or tacitly. See TDTW's answer...

TAFBSooner
11/16/2015, 04:23 PM
SN, everyone of them are either a collaborator, or complicit either with outright activism or tacitly. See TDTW's answer...

Source?

That, too, was a rhetorical question.

How does it feel to react EXACTLY as IS wants you to react?

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 04:30 PM
Source?

That, too, was a rhetorical question.

How does it feel to react EXACTLY as IS wants you to react?

It would feel good, if I were naive enough to believe they cared for what anyone else thought. Now, go do the job.

hawaii 5-0
11/16/2015, 06:03 PM
Some one out there please try to convince us that all Muslims deserve to die because of their faith.

Please include some Biblical quotes, preferably by Jesus to back up your argument.

I've personally known several devout Muslims and none of them were terrorists. One was a college dorm mate for a year. They simply had different religious belief systems.

5-0

TAFBSooner
11/16/2015, 06:29 PM
It would feel good, if I were naive enough to believe they cared for what anyone else thought. Now, go do the job.

Been doing the job, in one way or another, for 37 years next month. Thank you.

And true, IS doesn't care what TDTW thinks. They do want to get our leadership angry enough to send our cavalry to the plains of Dabiq to set off their version of Armageddon.

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 07:30 PM
Some one out there please try to convince us that all Muslims deserve to die because of their faith.

Please include some Biblical quotes, preferably by Jesus to back up your argument.

I've personally known several devout Muslims and none of them were terrorists. One was a college dorm mate for a year. They simply had different religious belief systems.

5-0

"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet." - Matthew 24:6

"Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?" - Luke 14:31

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

hawaii 5-0
11/16/2015, 07:31 PM
Playing right into their hands and giving them the 'Holy War' they want is the last thing we should do.

Make the Arabs handle their own mess. If Russia and France (and...don't forget China, they're there too) want to help them meet Allah then so be it.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/16/2015, 07:34 PM
"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet." - Matthew 24:6

"Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?" - Luke 14:31

Not one word about the Muslims. FAIL

Generalizations can be interpreted any which way.

5-0

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 07:42 PM
Playing right into their hands and giving them the 'Holy War' they want is the last thing we should do.

Make the Arabs handle their own mess. If Russia and France (and...don't forget China, they're there too) want to help them meet Allah then so be it.

5-0

The war is not a holy war to us. It's just a war. It's a holy war to them. We allow muslims to live in America, build mosques, own businesses, etc. Same in France, Belgium, and many other countries.

No denomination of Christianity is arming young men to kill muslims in marketplaces, restaurants, concert halls, sports venues, etc. None. Not over there. Not here. Not anywhere.

I'm with Bill Maher when he says, "Yes, islam is a religion of "peace" - a piece of me here, a piece of me there."

If they could practice their faith without killing, it would be one thing. They cannot. They even kill each other for not being faithful enough. Are Methodists and Baptist here - or, anywhere in the world - killing each other over interpretation of the Bible? No.

Is ACU training its students to hate and kill graduates of TCU because they split off over a century ago over whether or not to have instrumental music? No.

Are Catholics being hunted in the streets by any number of denominations for insisting on infant baptism? No.

Get real. I don't care how many "nice" muslims you think you know. If they were to take over America, they'd be killing your wife and daughters if they so much as showed a hair on their head.

They are sick people. And, the root of their sickness is islam.

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2015, 07:44 PM
Not one word about the Muslims. FAIL

Generalizations can be interpreted any which way.

5-0

Yeah, that's strange that 500-600 years before Muhammed that Christ would say anything specifically about islam.

hawaii 5-0
11/16/2015, 09:31 PM
Yeah, that's strange that 500-600 years before Muhammed that Christ would say anything specifically about islam.

I was wondering it you would pick up that little tidbit.

5-0

SicEmBaylor
11/16/2015, 09:43 PM
And, yet, it seems strange that the son of God himself failed to warn everyone on the future evil of Islam. Could he not have said, "Hey guys...a few centuries in the future this bozo named Muhammad is going to start a religion that'll kill you all."

SoonerProphet
11/16/2015, 10:46 PM
I just wonder when the world is going to realize the evils of Saudi funded madrassas and thr virulence of Wahhabi intolerance.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2015, 08:55 AM
And, yet, it seems strange that the son of God himself failed to warn everyone on the future evil of Islam. Could he not have said, "Hey guys...a few centuries in the future this bozo named Muhammad is going to start a religion that'll kill you all."
God did. He told Abraham and that his son Ishmael would be
"A wild *** of a man; his hand shall be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the face of all his brethren." Ishmael became the foundation for Islam...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2015, 08:56 AM
I just wonder when the world is going to realize the evils of Saudi funded madrassas and thr virulence of Wahhabi intolerance.
You are correct! Very telling that no Gulf State is taking on Syrian refugees. Why is this a Western problem and not a Gulf problem?

Tear Down This Wall
11/17/2015, 11:45 AM

"...and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." - Matthew 24:11-13

He did predict it. He didn't name every false prophet specifically.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2015, 02:58 PM
"...and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." - Matthew 24:11-13

He did predict it. He didn't name every false prophet specifically.

I'm looking for some specificity and lotto numbers here.

SicEmBaylor
11/17/2015, 02:59 PM
God did. He told Abraham and that his son Ishmael would be Ishmael became the foundation for Islam...

That's interesting. I did not know about the prediction; however, of course, I knew Islam traces its roots to Ishmael.

Turd_Ferguson
11/17/2015, 04:05 PM
I was wondering it you would pick up that little tidbit.

5-0

lol...I'm sure you were...lol

TAFBSooner
11/17/2015, 06:02 PM

Did you ever find a source for this claim?

--------------------------------------------------------

Low Information
LImbaugh

Coincidence?

rock on sooner
11/18/2015, 01:53 PM
You are correct! Very telling that no Gulf State is taking on Syrian refugees. Why is this a Western problem and not a Gulf problem?

Geography type question...Is Jordan a Gulf state and does Turkey count? Only ask
because both of those countries are taking refugees.....

TheHumanAlphabet
11/18/2015, 02:02 PM
Gulf states typically border the Gulf. I would not consider the above to be Gulf states, but I am no expert on the area, just worked there for some time. Some may consider them to be. But the important states are not... Does anyone know if Iran is taking any? Don't know of the refugees are typically Sunni or Shi'ite. I am sure that Saudi, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain do not want to upset their apple cart and import unrest and possible radicalism, or at the least radicalism they don't know...

SicEmBaylor
11/18/2015, 04:14 PM
Gulf states typically border the Gulf. I would not consider the above to be Gulf states, but I am no expert on the area, just worked there for some time. Some may consider them to be. But the important states are not... Does anyone know if Iran is taking any? Don't know of the refugees are typically Sunni or Shi'ite. I am sure that Saudi, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain do not want to upset their apple cart and import unrest and possible radicalism, or at the least radicalism they don't know...

Louisiana is a gulf state, and I don't consider Louisiana to be a state.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/18/2015, 04:14 PM
...Very telling that no Gulf State is taking on Syrian refugees. Why is this a Western problem and not a Gulf, Arab problem?a massive bull elephant in the room!

TAFBSooner
11/19/2015, 09:26 AM
Louisiana is a gulf state, and I don't consider Louisiana to be a state.

True dat.

1. Jefferson makes Louisiana Purchase from France.
2. People make states out of all the good parts, even South Dakota.
3. The part left over became known as "Louisiana."

The chronology may not be exact, but the concept is a'krit.

Serenity Now
11/19/2015, 09:55 AM
True dat.

1. Jefferson makes Louisiana Purchase from France.
2. People make states out of all the good parts, even South Dakota.
3. The part left over became known as "Louisiana."

The chronology may not be exact, but the concept is a'krit.

You left out the part where they put the Indians in "purgatory". ???

TAFBSooner
11/20/2015, 12:10 PM
You left out the part where they put the Indians in "purgatory". ???

That wasn't a political statement. That was just me jumping on the chance to rag on Louisiana. That's probably just a football-related opinion, as they are the unfortunate host (and here I mean "host" as related to parasite) of Lester State University.

okie52
11/20/2015, 12:13 PM
That wasn't a political statement. That was just me jumping on the chance to rag on Louisiana. That's probably just a football-related opinion, as they are the unfortunate host (and here I mean "host" as related to parasite) of Lester State University.

Maybe not much longer...

Serenity Now
11/20/2015, 01:00 PM
Maybe they'll house the Syrians in Indian Territory as well. :)

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2015, 02:09 PM
Maybe not much longer...

Firing Miles from LSU would be the biggest firing blunder since Nebraska canned Solich.