PDA

View Full Version : How Long Before Missouri Starving Kid Jumps The Shark?

Tear Down This Wall
11/11/2015, 10:54 AM
None of the allegations at Missouri have ever been proven; but, they toppled the president anyway while the journalist slept. So, now the kid is on television and says this:

"I felt unsafe since the moment I stepped on this campus," he told CNN. "My first semester here, I had someone write the n-word on my wall. I've been, physically, in altercations with white gentleman on campus."

Hmmm. He got his undergraduate degree at Mizzou as well, and "felt unsafe" since day one. Yet, he stayed for four years, got a degree, then re-upped for grad school. So, unless someone has a gun to his head, he's stayed at least five years at a place where he has always "felt unsafe."

I haven't checked Missouri law specifically, but is there a law there that says Johnathan Butler must attend the University of Missouri and only the University of Missouri?

Claims "altercations" with "white gentleman?" Again, any evidence? Police reports? Campus police reports? Reports to an RA if it happened in a dorm?

If he keeps up the lying, you have to figure the light bulb will eventually go on for some journalist somewhere and they'll begin to investigate his allegations and background.

dwarthog
11/11/2015, 11:09 AM
There is no proof required when assailing white privilege.

All that is necessary is an aggrieved persons allegation who possesses the "correct" bona fides.

A guilty sentence is a forgone conclusion.

Tear Down This Wall
11/11/2015, 11:19 AM
There is no proof required when assailing white privilege.

All that is necessary is an aggrieved persons allegation who possesses the "correct" bona fides.

A guilty sentence is a forgone conclusion.

Yes, that is a given these days. But, the guy is really laying it on thick now.

We already know that a Missouri communications professor doesn't want protesters to answer simple questions. That's fine. She's a professor because she likely can't hold a real job in the competitive marketplace.

However, it seems to me that somewhere in America there will be a journalist or two who will wake up, as this guy's stories get thicker and thicker, and begin to dig deeper. And, yes, even - God forbid - ask him for evidence that they actually occurred.

champions77
11/11/2015, 11:22 AM
Seems odd that in this day, he would not taken a picture of it. You know the truth is just not that important to these race hustling goofs. Take Michael Brown. He never had his hands up, but that didn't change the narrative one bit. Even after the AG's office acquitted the officer of any wrong doing, they still rioted and demonstrated "with their hands up". The officer? His life has been destroyed for ever. All because of a lie that was perpetuated by one lying punk, and picked up as gospel for all of the others as a rallying cry.
Thanks Barack. Under your regime, race relations are as bad today as they've been for 50 years. And you campaigned as a uniter?

Tear Down This Wall
11/11/2015, 11:33 AM
Seems odd that in this day, he would not taken a picture of it. You know the truth is just not that important to these race hustling goofs. Take Michael Brown. He never had his hands up, but that didn't change the narrative one bit. Even after the AG's office acquitted the officer of any wrong doing, they still rioted and demonstrated "with their hands up". The officer? His life has been destroyed for ever. All because of a lie that was perpetuated by one lying punk, and picked up as gospel for all of the others as a rallying cry.
Thanks Barack. Under your regime, race relations are as bad today as they've been for 50 years. And you campaigned as a uniter?

That's where this story is different. Because there were no police reports or evidence, we only had the word of those making the allegations.

There are, it turns out, videos of the protesters stopping Wolfe's vehicle at the homecoming parade. But, they clearly show no one was bumped. And, it clearly shows university police were there and could have issued a citation to the driver had a protester been bumped. So, that lie is easily ferreted out.

So, unlike with Michael Brown, there was no legal evidence, so you had to rely on the media to dig into the allegations. They chose not to do so.

Not satisfied with getting away with having the president fired with no evidence of racism other than his say so, Butler has now upped the ante saying he had physical altercations with whites on the campus.

So, again, how much longer does the media allow him to go unchallenged with allegations that have no evidence, other than his word, to back them?

Serenity Now
11/11/2015, 02:28 PM
#thanksobama

Tear Down This Wall
11/11/2015, 04:34 PM
#thanksobama

It's not Obama. It's complete lack of journalism. The Woodward and Bernstein days of investigative journalism are long, long gone. This guy's story is so thin, it's incredible how little scrutiny it has received.

And, I think, part of it is the social media. In the Woodward and Bernstein days, journalists had time to develop stories and dig into them. Now, with social media, everything is immediate and a crisis. And, if you disagree with the theme being presented to you, you have the problem for daring to raise questions!

It's frightening that journalism has come to this. But, again, it appears to me that no journalist is even trying to verify any of the allegations.

I wrote for one semester at the school newspaper, my tiny foray into journalism, and it was who, what, when, where, why, and how with every story. Today, it seems, none of that is ever asked.

The problem is here, read it - who, what, when, where, why, and how seem to be the last thing that count in J-school these days:
http://www.cjr.org/cover_story/who_what_when.php

Tear Down This Wall
11/11/2015, 04:59 PM
Never mind. I've got my answer regarding journalism in this matter. Feelings are more important than any fact to be gleaned. Thank you Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/11/11/theres-a-good-reason-protesters-at-the-university-of-missouri-didnt-want-the-media-around/

"Further, as reporters, we have to drop our sense of entitlement and understand that not everyone wants to be subjects of our journalism."
-"Journalist" Terrell Jermaine Starr

Gee, I suppose in Mr. Starr's view, Richard Nixon did want to be the subject of journalism?

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2015, 06:05 PM
I remember seeing an episode of 2 1/2 Men that struck me as funny in a sad, but true way. Jake (around 10 or 11) had to write a book report on "Lord of the Flies". Jake kept stalling to even read it, so uncle Charlie decided to help him out. He took him to a school book store and bought him the Cliff Notes version of the book and said "Here's a book report just waiting for your name". Later in the show Charlie asked if Jake had read the Cliff Notes and the reply "Are you kidding? It's 50 pages!"

So who wants to be a journalist (or any kind of writer) if no one is going to read it? It needs to fit in 140 characters for a tweet and it need to be considered "infotainment".

Serenity Now
11/11/2015, 06:52 PM
I remember seeing an episode of 2 1/2 Men that struck me as funny in a sad, but true way. Jake (around 10 or 11) had to write a book report on "Lord of the Flies". Jake kept stalling to even read it, so uncle Charlie decided to help him out. He took him to a school book store and bought him the Cliff Notes version of the book and said "Here's a book report just waiting for your name". Later in the show Charlie asked if Jake had read the Cliff Notes and the reply "Are you kidding? It's 50 pages!"

So who wants to be a journalist (or any kind of writer) if no one is going to read it? It needs to fit in 140 characters for a tweet and it need to be considered "infotainment".
Are you referencing sic'em's writings?

jkjsooner
11/13/2015, 03:34 PM
Did you guys see the claims by Kynnedi Grant (Kansas Black Student Union President) on twitter. She claimed she was attacked in an off campus house, a gun pulled on her, called offensive things, and the police refused to do anything about it.

The whole thing seems very suspect. I wish someone in the media would investigate whether the police report was actually made.

As for the Missouri incident, have you all watched the video of the parade protest? The president's car was blocked. After a while the car backed up a long ways and then tried to drive around the protesters. As it inched up one guy (I believe it may have been the same one talked about here) ran up in front of the car and literally ran into the car while the car was inching forward. Yet they present the entire incident as if the driver of the car intentionally pulled forward and bumped the protester. Simply ridiculous.

Any semblance of rationality has been lost yet we have to give in to all demands because the football players might get mad.

Tear Down This Wall
11/13/2015, 03:56 PM
At this point, they've all seen that their lies are not going to be challenged, so they are just making stuff up to see what they can get away with.

The gay, black student body president at "racist" and "homophobic" Mizzou said the KKK was on their campus a couple of nights ago. He tweeted hysterics all around until MU finally stepped in, told the student body there was no threat, KKK was not on campus...and, please stop inventing threats.

You are going to see this for awhile because - in the most basic of analogies - when you let a child do anything they want and get away with it, they will keep doing things to see how long they can get away with it, and how much they can get away with. Anyone who has ever been a parent knows this.

My children will never set foot on a public school campus for education. It's just come down to that. The same way decades ago people had to pull up stakes from inner cities because of the stuff that began to happen there, the people who can will stop sending their kids to public universities.

There still is freedom left in the country, and that extends to freedom to not associate. The government can't force those of us in the suburbs back into the cities. And, if we can afford to keep out kids out of public schools and universities, they can't force us to send them there.

Sadly, that's what it comes down to...every...time. No matter where these people act stupid, just keep staying away from them.

jkjsooner
11/13/2015, 04:07 PM
Do you really think this issue is any better at private universities? Look at Yale.

I suppose if they go to a school that doesn't have revenue generating sports that will at least mean that what happened in MU will not happen.

Tear Down This Wall
11/13/2015, 04:10 PM
Do you really think this issue is any better at private universities? Look at Yale.

I suppose if they go to a school that doesn't revenue generating sports that will at least mean that what happened in MU will not happen elsewhere.

Obviously, I don't mean Yale. It will mean, in most likelihood, smaller Christian colleges or universities. Places where the kids are there to study and not make pointless waves. And, where faculty and staff don't have broken moral compasses.